EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Feedback - EASHL CLUB 6s thread

PadrinoIV
883 posts Member
edited January 23
After reading and being part of many discussions in this forum where everybody talks about different modes and types of games, I decided to try to create a thread about my own little world in this iteration of NHL 19 : EASHL CLUB 6s.

Please share how the rollback is going for you in this mode, and also your impressions in general about the mode so the thread could go on after the rollback period. What do you like (options, AI etc), what would you change, etc. At least I'll know when I talk with someone we are talking about the same thing, and not drop-ins or else. I guess EASHL Club 3s could comment, but I truly think if there was a thread for each separated modes, discussions would be better and more respectful, and the data collected more precise.

So, to start, I for one, like very much the rollback as is. I think EA should build on it and NOT go back to 1.03 while working on the next tuner. I'm enjoying the pace of the game very much at this moment.

So please feel free to state in which division you stand, what's your record, and what builds you like or liked depending on the tuner, to create a healthy discussion. No one will be mocked here.

I will stop here for now since I think we should use the next few days to talk about the roll back, but I'd like to talk about what improvements could be made in EASHL Clubs for next year after that.

Thanks a lot.

[Edited content]
Post edited by PadrinoIV on

Replies

• Our team record is something like 184-85-23

We rotate our players regularly, meaning, sometimes we have a defender who isn't the best forward, but we tell him to take forward. Sometimes a less skilled player wants to play goalie. We let him. So in essence, we don't really care about our record. We just wing it and have fun.

We are enjoying the "new" tuner because it simply resembles more like hockey.

We have a forward that is almost always Playmaker. We have a Dangler. We have one that switches up between Powerforward and Sniper. On D I usually play Sniper or TW. Our other main defender is DD. We play team D first and foremost. If a D man steps up on the play, a forward will immediately cover for him on D.

Anyways, we always mix and match and move things around depending on the mood and how we feel.
  • LiveDoggy
    35 posts Member
    edited January 23
    We are currently 706-222-62, 4th overall in EASHL.

I run a playmaker, 6'1 and I believe 187 pounds. I play Center, so faceoff king, laser passing and one time wonder for 6s, marathon for 3s.

Tuner is good, I like the idea, but 6s still feels like a cluster. I play with 7-8 guys, who all hold their position, this helps with the cluster.

In terms of defense, we have about 5-6 different styles. (all is based on how the opponent is playing)
    In terms of offense, pretty much samething with different plays (Again based on how opponents defense is playing) EX: if they are pressing at the blue line, we dump/chase. If we are being full ice forechecked, quick short passes to eventually the open man.

I am torn on the rollback. Kinda feels like instead of taking the time to figure exactly what is wrong with game, they just put out the tuner that got the best feedback.

The most frustrating thing is with my club, is we will play teams, that we literally can't let them shoot the puck, because it all goes in.

Unfortunately, at our level, we do look at teams. Our 'unsaid' rule is, we will play anyone. EXCEPT if we come across high ranking prestige players with a club of 60-0. It is not hard to build up a record, when you are playing D10 teams, but regardless of what the devs say, there is ice tilt or an equalizer or some sort of advantage that these teams get. Not sure what it looks at, but it is almost like game feels bad for the weaker team and just rewards them for nothing. My club loses more to teams with records like 150-129, then we do against the top 10 teams. Personally, some of my favorite battles are with these top teams. We don't mind the glitch, cheese players, because we have no issues with stoping them. its the fact that you know the game will be a balanced game and truly the better team will win.

Hope this helps, good luck with your club!

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • There are no "glitch goals" in 6s. If the other team is scoring on every shot as you say, perhaps look for a new goalie?
  • There are no "glitch goals" in 6s. If the other team is scoring on every shot as you say, perhaps look for a new goalie?

Meh, forcing a human goalie to post hug while knowing down low you will pass for a one-timer kind of is a glitch goal against human goalies. Anyone who plays this game enough knows human goalies get glued to posts and it is laborious coming off of them to play the incoming one-timer. Not really a glitch, more like abusing a weakness on the positioning. Call it what you will.
  • Sorry, I wasn't talking about when we have a human goalie. I would have a human goalie 100% if we could. I was talking about when we played 6s, regardless of if we have 4 or 5s
  • LiveDoggy wrote: »
    Sorry, I wasn't talking about when we have a human goalie. I would have a human goalie 100% if we could. I was talking about when we played 6s, regardless of if we have 4 or 5s

Well, I will grant you that this current temporary tuner does help alot when playing with AI goalies. This current tuner is best fitting with 12 humans per game when the puck is as loose as it is. Whereas, the previous tuner was just destroying human goalies for the most part.
    Sorry, I wasn't talking about when we have a human goalie. I would have a human goalie 100% if we could. I was talking about when we played 6s, regardless of if we have 4 or 5s

Well, I will grant you that this current temporary tuner does help alot when playing with AI goalies. This current tuner is best fitting with 12 humans per game when the puck is as loose as it is. Whereas, the previous tuner was just destroying human goalies for the most part.

Completely agree @WainGretSki
  • Thanks for the great answers. Been away a while, great to see some of the good players are actually playing 6s.
    We are currently 706-222-62, 4th overall in EASHL.

I run a playmaker, 6'1 and I believe 187 pounds. I play Center, so faceoff king, laser passing and one time wonder for 6s, marathon for 3s.

Tuner is good, I like the idea, but 6s still feels like a cluster. I play with 7-8 guys, who all hold their position, this helps with the cluster.

In terms of defense, we have about 5-6 different styles. (all is based on how the opponent is playing)
    In terms of offense, pretty much samething with different plays (Again based on how opponents defense is playing) EX: if they are pressing at the blue line, we dump/chase. If we are being full ice forechecked, quick short passes to eventually the open man.

I am torn on the rollback. Kinda feels like instead of taking the time to figure exactly what is wrong with game, they just put out the tuner that got the best feedback.

The most frustrating thing is with my club, is we will play teams, that we literally can't let them shoot the puck, because it all goes in.

Unfortunately, at our level, we do look at teams. Our 'unsaid' rule is, we will play anyone. EXCEPT if we come across high ranking prestige players with a club of 60-0. It is not hard to build up a record, when you are playing D10 teams, but regardless of what the devs say, there is ice tilt or an equalizer or some sort of advantage that these teams get. Not sure what it looks at, but it is almost like game feels bad for the weaker team and just rewards them for nothing. My club loses more to teams with records like 150-129, then we do against the top 10 teams. Personally, some of my favorite battles are with these top teams. We don't mind the glitch, cheese players, because we have no issues with stoping them. its the fact that you know the game will be a balanced game and truly the better team will win.

Hope this helps, good luck with your club!

[Socair - edited swear filter]

Thanks for this feedback !

yes it's allright.