EA Forums - Banner

Gameplay Updates Based on Beta Tuner Rollback Feedback

Replies

• iAmJULES2 wrote: »
    The mass confusion and agreement/disagreement of what the tuner is actually doing and whether it's good or not just proves that the major flaws of this game are at the core of the mechanics, and there's nothing a tuner update can do to make the majority of the people happy.

I think everyone either way can agree that the feel is quite different from the last tuner.
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    sorry, but this was a massive step backwards again...the game speed feels slower, not sure if that has to do with a bump to agility or something? the bumps being gone once again lead to my guy "whiffing" on pretty clear hits as soon as the forward initiated the left trigger to skate backwards.

all of this is from 6s. just really not impressed, looks like I'll be going back to putting this game on the shelf.

No changes to skating or hitting in this tuner. Not sure if you saw the notes but it listed the changes.

Sorry to see you are hanging them up.

When can we have a week of online play with the speed tuned up? I'm gonna assume not anytime for NHL 19 because other things would need tuned like goalie reactions and such.

• NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    edited January 2019
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    I don't know. EA says nothing with the hitting has been touched but slow hitting plays that result in nothing seem to be back again. A lot less incidental contact leading to loss of puck and puck battles. Ragging is on the rise again. As a PMD, I was able to corner rag myself a few times for a few cross ice pass goals. Far less shoves working against players dilly-dallying in the zone.

The biggest difference I've seen is that this tuner does feel slight more 1.03-ish to me, defensively and offensively. Whereas I saw more of this with the old tuner..

cskykTc.gif

1To6qNH.gif

HaVad6F.gif

Now, in the five games I've played so far, one man shows are a thing again.

Are those games gifs from last week or today?

Edit: Sorry understood now that they are examples of what you saw prior to today’s tuner. I have been in bed with the flu since we signed off on this tuner last week so am still a bit slow.

Was thrown off by the broken stick in Drop In and was going to say wait, the tuner didn’t change.

On a side note, notice how the one moment of attempted body contact in your clips from the prior tuner has the player roll off unaffected. (3rd clip hit attempt in the lower right by green).
  • They were pretty funny. I don’t envy your position of trying to sort through all of this and come back with useful information. Win, lose, or draw..your fighting the good fight.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Bmh245
    905 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I don't know. EA says nothing with the hitting has been touched but slow hitting plays that result in nothing seem to be back again. A lot less incidental contact leading to loss of puck and puck battles. Ragging is on the rise again. As a PMD, I was able to corner rag myself a few times for a few cross ice pass goals. Far less shoves working against players dilly-dallying in the zone.

The biggest difference I've seen is that this tuner does feel slight more 1.03-ish to me, defensively and offensively. Whereas I saw more of this with the old tuner..

cskykTc.gif

1To6qNH.gif

HaVad6F.gif

I don't get it. There's almost no contact - of any kind - in any of those clips. How can you say that in the new tuner shoves aren't working as well, and that incidental contact isn't leading to loss of puck when the defensive players in these clips (from the old tuner) almost never even touch the puck carrier?

cskykTc.gif

1To6qNH.gif

HaVad6F.gif

Are those games gifs from last week or today?

Edit: Sorry understood now that they are examples of what you saw prior to today’s tuner. I have been in bed with the flu since we signed off on this tuner last week so am still a bit slow.

Was thrown off by the broken stick in Drop In and was going to say wait, the tuner didn’t change.

On a side note, notice how the one moment of attempted body contact in your clips from the prior tuner has the player roll off unaffected. (3rd clip hit attempt in the lower right by green).

Sorry! I know you guys are doing the best you can. I'll get some more clips tonight, but those clips were last week before this tuner and I've seen more team play then than I'm currently seeing now. Mostly because people were afraid to hold on to the puck too long. In the five games I played tonight, passing was less scarce as it feels like forwards are becoming more bold again. I haven't played 6's yet. Can't speak towards that.
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Bmh245 wrote: »

cskykTc.gif

1To6qNH.gif

HaVad6F.gif

I don't get it. There's almost no contact - of any kind - in any of those clips. How can you say that in the new tuner shoves aren't working as well, and that incidental contact isn't leading to loss of puck when the defensive players in these clips (from the old tuner) almost never even touch the puck carrier?

Again, my clips were meant to emphasize BETTER team play with the last tuner. In the last tuner, I didn't feel as though I was there just to stop forwards and not participate in the play. Like I said, forwards passed more for fear of losing the puck. If you didn't get rid of it, you lost it. Plain and simple. Tonight the handles seem better, slow contact seems to get you nowhere, and overall, that feeling of teamplay isn't there like it was last week.
  • Played my first online 6s game with the new tuner and it's totally different! Nah, just kidding. It feels exactly like the beta to me. I was wrecking figure skaters left and right, and the game felt LITERALLY the same as the beta. Idk what some people are seeing. Game feels exactly the same as it did for the last week.

I'm happy with it. Game plays great, and it really resembles real hockey. Thank you so much @NHLDev I have never been happier with the game than I am right now. Thank you guys so much for listening and making these changes!!

GM Connected next? ;)
  • Played my first online 6s game with the new tuner and it's totally different! Nah, just kidding. It feels exactly like the beta to me. I was wrecking figure skaters left and right, and the game felt LITERALLY the same as the beta. Idk what some people are seeing. Game feels exactly the same as it did for the last week.

I'm happy with it. Game plays great, and it really resembles real hockey. Thank you so much @NHLDev I have never been happier with the game than I am right now. Thank you guys so much for listening and making these changes!!

GM Connected next? ;)

It feels off too me. Different than the beta. I still think it's much better than 1.03 though, that's for sure!
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    edited January 2019
    I will let you all play with it more.

Other than GOW, I feel like you are all trolling me as some of this feedback seems so misaligned with the strategy we chose.

But I have literally been in bed with whatever has hit me for everything but a couple hours since we signed off on this tuner last week until now with a crazy fever so I am not in a state to take the mind warp at the moment. Hoping to not need more than another day to get back and then can play again myself.
  • ThaLiveKingNBA
    39 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    NHLDev wrote: »
    had an issue last night regarding the camera in THREES, I had it to Dynamic Low and it changed to the Action cam, and I couldn't change it back. First time this has happened.

Did it happen right at the start of the game? Or mid game?

If mid game, any details on exactly what was going on could help us track it down.

Every other game after that has worked fine?

The original camera was the action camera, it some how switched in-game to the Dynamic Low.

• Best game on new gen!!!! Tuner feels great!!!
    Ea is doing good stuff!!!
    Thanks for listening
  • I'm not willing to rule out that it was server related..but game felt like it was a snail pace and I was definitely getting more of those shrugs where it felt like I was checking air despite their forward being right next to me...even games that had lag during the beta tuner the game felt mostly responsive and agility felt good...it just felt like a major revert, despite what the tuner notes say
  • also had an instance where my d partner single handedly skated through 3 forecheckers by curling his stick and shrugging off the checks, these are things you didnt see with the beta tuner.

but I'll try and play some games on the western servers and see how they go
  • Lol the new tuner is for the players who cant defense theirselves , thanks for making the game more noobfriendly. Beta tuner was best tuner what nhl 19 had
  • I've played 3 more 6s games since my first post. I still don't get the complaints. The game feels the same as the beta :shrug:

Other than GOW, I feel like you are all trolling me as some of this feedback seems so misaligned with the strategy we chose.

But I have literally been in bed with whatever has hit me for everything but a couple hours since we signed off on this tuner last week until now with a crazy fever so I am not in a state to take the mind warp at the moment. Hoping to not need more than another day to get back and then can play again myself.

Hope you feel better soon, man. Being sick stinks.

I played all day yesterday since I work nights. This tuner(here on referred to as 1.03b) felt better then original 1.03. Skating felt great, hitting felt just about where it was with the beta tuner. Offensive play felt about the same. I did notice a couple of times where you can indeed pull back on the stick and negate a low speed shove but other then that really it felt fine to me.
    If you see Grammar or Spelling errors. I am starting to experience the long term effects of ten plus concussions.
  • I've played 3 more 6s games since my first post. I still don't get the complaints. The game feels the same as the beta :shrug:

Hope you feel better soon, man. Being sick stinks.

Ugh. That sounds like a nasty bug.

..no real opinions about the tuner yet. Played 5games yesterday and it seemed all the Hero’s came back. Part of that might have been me slipping down into the lower 500’s though.
    I guess on the upside is that when teaming up with people who always seem to be trying to get the forwards into a straight line up the ice, and desperately wanted that long pass into some sort of a break..
    ..I got my but handed to me all day lol.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Everything feels about the same to me, not seeing the big differences that some here think they are seeing.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I think with 'big' differences we're still talking about nuances, unless it's a case of either it works, or doesn't work at all - then it's kinda on/off situation. And that's where you end up getting opposing views. It's not really nice of you to say we're trolling you NHLDev, I honestly think we're all offering sincere opinions?

Plus factor in lag, the way the game played for us yesterday, lag made it impossible to really see these smaller details. If lag makes you miss hits, passes, pokes, and sticklifts, how can you say anything definite about the tuners?

I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect that we players can give you unbiased, objective and accurate reports on the gameplay tuners? We're not professional testers you know?