EA Forums - Banner

Gameplay Updates Based on Beta Tuner Rollback Feedback

Replies

• Personally i didn't have a problem with the game before i actually liked it now its kinda broken. the passing sometimes is so off i point in the direction i want to send the puck and it will pass it to the other team or worse backwards, I go through stretches where hitting isn't registering consistently the computer defense man are OP and the game is more in favor of noobs makes it harder on prestige players. no consistency on goal scoring , cross crease one timers aren't going in half the time anymore i play threes which should be a given. Ice tilt is in effect every other game you can completely out play the other team and still get annihilated out shoot, out hit time on attack everything is in your favor and loose by 7 to 10 goals which shouldn't happen, fix the game, also you need more to do with threes there needs to be a tournament, league or something then just drop in that's my two cents since the tuner its been more frustration then fun
  • Personally i didn't have a problem with the game before i actually liked it now its kinda broken. the passing sometimes is so off i point in the direction i want to send the puck and it will pass it to the other team or worse backwards, I go through stretches where hitting isn't registering consistently the computer defense man are OP and the game is more in favor of noobs makes it harder on prestige players. no consistency on goal scoring , cross crease one timers aren't going in half the time anymore i play threes which should be a given. Ice tilt is in effect every other game you can completely out play the other team and still get annihilated out shoot, out hit time on attack everything is in your favor and loose by 7 to 10 goals which shouldn't happen, fix the game, also you need more to do with threes there needs to be a tournament, league or something then just drop in that's my two cents since the tuner its been more frustration then fun

By your own wording it sounds like it's only hard on offensive noobs who try to do everything themselves instead of passing
  • new tuner pls.
  • Any update?
  • Plz EA.
  • It's funny how the current tuner has grown on me, just like 1.03 did. It's all about adapting to what you've got to work with. At this point I'd just perfer they pick something and leave it alone. Took me 4 days to figure out the current tuner to my liking.
  • Kriptical476
    377 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    jiajji wrote: »
    It's funny how the current tuner has grown on me, just like 1.03 did. It's all about adapting to what you've got to work with. At this point I'd just perfer they pick something and leave it alone. Took me 4 days to figure out the current tuner to my liking.

😁

Although, I will go on record that they should just fix things as they occur. Clean as you go and all, as opposed to these big sweeping.. polarizing.. moments.
    Post edited by Kriptical476 on
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It's funny how the current tuner has grown on me, just like 1.03 did. It's all about adapting to what you've got to work with. At this point I'd just perfer they pick something and leave it alone. Took me 4 days to figure out the current tuner to my liking.

Well I have to admit this current tuner is much better for the overall sport. When there is little momentum, players can still curl sticks and shrug off body checks. I am fine with that because when you have decent momentum you can check a player off the puck. ALot of times it is a stumble and no a flat out hit. Just makes more sense to me. I haven't changed my defensive play style all that much from 1.03. The only major change I did was adding in physical play when the play dictates I should and the only reason I now do that is because there is a good chance I will get a result. In 1.03 I didn't waste my time with physical plays because the risk/reward simply wasn't worth it.

Players are cycling much more, dump and chase is actually used and more importantly I see the puck getting sent back to the D much more than ever in the offensive zone. It just plays more like hockey, IMO.
    Post edited by WainGretSki on
  • jiajji wrote: »

Well I have to admit this current tuner is much better for the overall sport. When there is little momentum, players can still curl sticks and shrug off body checks. I am fine with that because when you have decent momentum you can check a player off the puck. ALot of times it is a stumble and no a flat out hit. Just makes more sense to me. I haven't changed my defensive play style all that much from 1.03. The only major change I did was adding in physical play when the play dictates I should and the only reason I now do that is because there is a good chance I will get a result. In 1.03 I didn't waste my time with physical plays because the risk/reward simply wasn't worth it.

Players are cycling much more, dump and chase is actually used and more importantly I see the puck getting sent back to the much more than ever in the offensive zone. It just plays more like hockey, IMO.

Well said and I have experienced it almost identically to you @WainGretSki both pre tuner vs now! Just can’t wait for the “happy middle” tuner to drop. We should finally have, or be very close to having a balanced product for offence and defence! Thank you EA for listening to your fans. Look forward to hearing an update on the progress!
  • I haven't intentionally or willfully changed my play style either, it's just something that comes together organically. On day 2 of the revert I can't poke to save my life, on day 4+ it's as fine as it ever was. Day 1 skating was weird to me so I had trouble with gap control and getting beaten when my player turned his hips at a rate I didn't expect, or the old angles didn't work, speed perception being off and all that. Just minor recognitions of how things play differently cause small adjustments that add up to major results.

Day 2 I thought the pokes were in bad shape, today I'm comfortable with it. I had the same experience with 1.03 Slifts. It's going to be interesting when pokes are less penalized. I'm torn on it now, on one had I think you should be burned on a bad poke attempt but on the other I don't think a bad attempt should necessarily result in a penalty. That's something I'd like to see more consideration put into for the future.

I agree with you regarding the dump and chase, it's nice to see that being successful at times.
  • jiajji wrote: »

😁

Although, I will go on record that they should just fix things as they occur. Clean as you go and all, as opposed to these big sweeping.. polarizing.. moments.

In retrospect it's tough to disagree with that, there's no reason to criticize them at this point, but I hope there is a better/faster way to mine community feedback in the future so we don't get to this point.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1578 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Couple of things from the weekend that stood out to me:

I feel the pull back on an unsuccessful poke check shouldn't expose the player to a penalty. This was likely addressed in subsequent tuners (which will come back soon) but just wanted to point it out:

8maGobw.gif

Also, whacking the puck out of mid-air still goes through player geo and it's a frustrating thing to witness happen during a game:

4XVbVbz.gif
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I haven't intentionally or willfully changed my play style either, it's just something that comes together organically. On day 2 of the revert I can't poke to save my life, on day 4+ it's as fine as it ever was. Day 1 skating was weird to me so I had trouble with gap control and getting beaten when my player turned his hips at a rate I didn't expect, or the old angles didn't work, speed perception being off and all that. Just minor recognitions of how things play differently cause small adjustments that add up to major results.

Day 2 I thought the pokes were in bad shape, today I'm comfortable with it. I had the same experience with 1.03 Slifts. It's going to be interesting when pokes are less penalized. I'm torn on it now, on one had I think you should be burned on a bad poke attempt but on the other I don't think a bad attempt should necessarily result in a penalty. That's something I'd like to see more consideration put into for the future.

I agree with you regarding the dump and chase, it's nice to see that being successful at times.

Yea I agree with ya. There is definitely some adjustments to make to our game from tuner to tuner. Especially of gap control, pivots, and general movement speed. Definitely takes a couple days or so for it to become more automatic on muscle memory.

All in all, I think this new tuner should feel like a very nice compromise. Hitting is slightly too op right now, so can't wait when the shift is made in the next incoming days.

I also like how dekes are now more important to break away from a defender or to just create space with the puck. In 1.03 dekes were not that important compared to this tuner. Just makes sense that forwards should have to use more of their tools and that to me is the proper way to create skill gap.
  • Couple of things from the weekend that stood out to me:

I feel the pull back on an unsuccessful poke check shouldn't expose the player to a penalty. This was likely addressed in subsequent tuners (which will come back soon) but just wanted to point it out:

8maGobw.gif

Also, whacking the puck out of mid-air still goes through player geo and it's a frustrating thing to witness happen during a game:

4XVbVbz.gif

Yea that second clip definitely is annoying. Happens through D men and goalie pads too a little more often than I'd like.

What I don't like at all is how the attacker gets this auto-tap-in in those situations. I honestly don't like that it happens without any input at all, yet I guess it has to because you can't really wind up for a shot without the puck unless it is a one-timer. Without the puck your player will most likely go for a body check instead.

I dunno. I feel that something as important as shooting for a goal should not be automatic. Very rarely do I see these types of auto swings not score a goal.
  • I couldn't disagree more. If you haven't seen any "bumbs" in real hockey it makes me doubt you've ever actually seen a hockey game.

The game would be terrible if it was just like real life.

• Socair wrote: »

Are we sure this time? 😂😂😂

I look forward to trying it. It will be tuner 1.03, right?

• NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    edited January 2019
    Socair wrote: »

Are we sure this time? 😂😂😂

I look forward to trying it. It will be tuner 1.03, right?

Yes, it will show up as a redownload of 1.03 again as we have only updated the tuning for online modes in this tuner like we did during the rollback period.

Offline players will have what they have had all along for now with the ability to choose between tuner 1.00 up to 1.03 and change any other custom sliders they have.

This also means that there won’t be a way for offline players to play exactly what is being used online until there is a 1.04

It was the fastest way we could get moving with the online tuning and since most offline players do a lot of custom tuning on top of many default tuner variations anyways it was the best compromise for now.
  • Ty for this.
    FURY-69-.png
  • I know you guys are trying to be fair but these base cards should be nowhere near updated cards.. how does one with a bunch of 84 overalls beat a team with the lowest card of 89?

I have no problem if a team of 84 cards wins vs a team of 90+ cards, if the person is very good they can do that. What I do have a problem with is when 84 cards with mid to high 80’s in skating are blowing by cards with 99 skating.