EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

Ping Issues

I've never had an issue with ping until the last two days. Always had a clean 11-15, stable ping. Whether it's Ones or EASHL, my ping is now consistently in the 40's..... Anyone else having these issues?

I know they've been messing around with tuners and such lately.

Replies

• Socair
    1506 posts Game Changer
    Go to club search and see if it’s routing you west (recommended region). Looks like a west ping from your east location.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »
    Go to club search and see if it’s routing you west (recommended region). Looks like a west ping from your east location.

What would the fix be if that's the case?

In the past, sometimes you'd have to restart the game until it had the desired region as recommended

In the past, sometimes you'd have to restart the game until it had the desired region as recommended

So when I went into "Club Search" it says my recommended region is "Any". What does this mean in regards to a possible high ping? Going to tag @Socair as well.
  • Socair
    1506 posts Game Changer
    That’s bizarre. Did you scroll through the regions in the search?...any might just be what you’ve got your club set as.
    That’s bizarre. Did you scroll through the regions in the search?...any might just be what you’ve got your club set as.

I scrolled through and the only one that was recommended was "Any". I have another account that I use on NHL and I switched to that one. The club search is now recommended for "North American East" so I'm dropping into a Ones game to see what my ping is at. May I PM you? I have a question in regards to this whole situation.
  • Socair
    1506 posts Game Changer
    Socair wrote: »

I scrolled through and the only one that was recommended was "Any". I have another account that I use on NHL and I switched to that one. The club search is now recommended for "North American East" so I'm dropping into a Ones game to see what my ping is at. May I PM you? I have a question in regards to this whole situation.

Sure
  • EA servers in general are having serious issues because of the new release of Anthem.

• Classic AWS meltdown

9a26t57vjv9l.png

• hot-rivit wrote: »
    Classic AWS meltdown

9a26t57vjv9l.png

Company is an embarrassment.
  • Would it be unreasonable, or unheard of, if each game had its own server? Like NHL, FIFA, NBA, should be 3 servers. Unless. is that how it is already?
  • Would it be unreasonable, or unheard of, if each game had its own server? Like NHL, FIFA, NBA, should be 3 servers. Unless. is that how it is already?

This would be my question as well. It is mind boggling how NHL goes down due to another game. Upgraded specific servers for each game would prevent this.
  • There is 3 servers. Ireland for Europa, then The East and West servers in US. You can lock your club on "USE BEST GAME LOCATION: YES"
    For me thats 20 60 or 80ms.
    FURY-69-.png
  • There is 3 servers. Ireland for Europa, then The East and West servers in US. You can lock your club on "USE BEST GAME LOCATION: YES"
    For me thats 20 60 or 80ms.

That is not what I meant. I want to know if NHL servers are shared with other games or not.