EA Forums - Banner

Why is EA encouraging this kind of play?

Puck ragging is back in HUT again. Why Bother having a puck protect button, all you have to do is curl your stick back and skate slow circles in the corner and no one can knock you off the puck. It is such a cheap way to play and is nothing at all like hockey. While we were on the rollback tuner you could bump guys trying to do this and stop them, now we are back to the same old crap again.

Replies

  • I quit games right away when the opponent does it
  • monz
    906 posts Member
    I quit games right away when the opponent does it

    You must quit alot of games!
  • Socair
    2644 posts Game Changer
    It sure seems like the attempted elimination of skill zoning has led to this. And the recent slight tuner change has reverted the defensive AI back to passiveness.

    I’m not suggesting that you are attempting to skill zone at all either; it’s just that even when player switching defensively it’s hard to catch the corner danglers compared to the beta and beta turner because the AI is now in a more passive state prior to a switch. I dunno, that’s my thinking anyway. I’m not the best at the single player modes lol.
  • monz wrote: »
    I quit games right away when the opponent does it

    You must quit alot of games!

    most of them.
  • Socair wrote: »
    It sure seems like the attempted elimination of skill zoning has led to this. And the recent slight tuner change has reverted the defensive AI back to passiveness.

    I’m not suggesting that you are attempting to skill zone at all either; it’s just that even when player switching defensively it’s hard to catch the corner danglers compared to the beta and beta turner because the AI is now in a more passive state prior to a switch. I dunno, that’s my thinking anyway. I’m not the best at the single player modes lol.

    Last year you were able to launch your AI at these LT bruhs
  • Socair wrote: »
    It sure seems like the attempted elimination of skill zoning has led to this. And the recent slight tuner change has reverted the defensive AI back to passiveness.

    I’m not suggesting that you are attempting to skill zone at all either; it’s just that even when player switching defensively it’s hard to catch the corner danglers compared to the beta and beta turner because the AI is now in a more passive state prior to a switch. I dunno, that’s my thinking anyway. I’m not the best at the single player modes lol.

    What exactly is skill zoning referring to?
  • NYR_Nick wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It sure seems like the attempted elimination of skill zoning has led to this. And the recent slight tuner change has reverted the defensive AI back to passiveness.

    I’m not suggesting that you are attempting to skill zone at all either; it’s just that even when player switching defensively it’s hard to catch the corner danglers compared to the beta and beta turner because the AI is now in a more passive state prior to a switch. I dunno, that’s my thinking anyway. I’m not the best at the single player modes lol.

    What exactly is skill zoning referring to?

    Skill zoning is taking control of a single player in your own zone and keeping him in the middle of the ice and hoping your AI defence will pressure the puck carriers. The reason the AI was toned down after the beta tuner was to prevent this and make people actually control defenders to try and defend and recover the puck.
  • This current tuner is horrible. I’m tired of not being able to hit a player that crouches. It makes it impossible to defend.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    NYR_Nick wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It sure seems like the attempted elimination of skill zoning has led to this. And the recent slight tuner change has reverted the defensive AI back to passiveness.

    I’m not suggesting that you are attempting to skill zone at all either; it’s just that even when player switching defensively it’s hard to catch the corner danglers compared to the beta and beta turner because the AI is now in a more passive state prior to a switch. I dunno, that’s my thinking anyway. I’m not the best at the single player modes lol.

    What exactly is skill zoning referring to?

    Skill zoning is taking control of a single player in your own zone and keeping him in the middle of the ice and hoping your AI defence will pressure the puck carriers. The reason the AI was toned down after the beta tuner was to prevent this and make people actually control defenders to try and defend and recover the puck.

    But ea went to far, AI are nothing more than moving pylons, they should be actively covering their man or attacking the puck carrier. I would much rather have guys “skill zoning” than guys being able to twirl around in the corner indefinitely until they get the short side shot.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    NYR_Nick wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It sure seems like the attempted elimination of skill zoning has led to this. And the recent slight tuner change has reverted the defensive AI back to passiveness.

    I’m not suggesting that you are attempting to skill zone at all either; it’s just that even when player switching defensively it’s hard to catch the corner danglers compared to the beta and beta turner because the AI is now in a more passive state prior to a switch. I dunno, that’s my thinking anyway. I’m not the best at the single player modes lol.

    What exactly is skill zoning referring to?

    Skill zoning is taking control of a single player in your own zone and keeping him in the middle of the ice and hoping your AI defence will pressure the puck carriers. The reason the AI was toned down after the beta tuner was to prevent this and make people actually control defenders to try and defend and recover the puck.

    But ea went to far, AI are nothing more than moving pylons, they should be actively covering their man or attacking the puck carrier. I would much rather have guys “skill zoning” than guys being able to twirl around in the corner indefinitely until they get the short side shot.

    If you set your AI defence to aggressive that's exactly what they do - cover the man and harry the puck carrier. I played a game against a team which mainly consisted of silver players plus a few freebies like Roenick and Duchene and even they made it a competitive game because of his AI settings - he was not the most complete NHL player I've faced this year.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    NYR_Nick wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It sure seems like the attempted elimination of skill zoning has led to this. And the recent slight tuner change has reverted the defensive AI back to passiveness.

    I’m not suggesting that you are attempting to skill zone at all either; it’s just that even when player switching defensively it’s hard to catch the corner danglers compared to the beta and beta turner because the AI is now in a more passive state prior to a switch. I dunno, that’s my thinking anyway. I’m not the best at the single player modes lol.

    What exactly is skill zoning referring to?

    Skill zoning is taking control of a single player in your own zone and keeping him in the middle of the ice and hoping your AI defence will pressure the puck carriers. The reason the AI was toned down after the beta tuner was to prevent this and make people actually control defenders to try and defend and recover the puck.

    But ea went to far, AI are nothing more than moving pylons, they should be actively covering their man or attacking the puck carrier. I would much rather have guys “skill zoning” than guys being able to twirl around in the corner indefinitely until they get the short side shot.

    If you set your AI defence to aggressive that's exactly what they do - cover the man and harry the puck carrier. I played a game against a team which mainly consisted of silver players plus a few freebies like Roenick and Duchene and even they made it a competitive game because of his AI settings - he was not the most complete NHL player I've faced this year.
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    NYR_Nick wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    It sure seems like the attempted elimination of skill zoning has led to this. And the recent slight tuner change has reverted the defensive AI back to passiveness.

    I’m not suggesting that you are attempting to skill zone at all either; it’s just that even when player switching defensively it’s hard to catch the corner danglers compared to the beta and beta turner because the AI is now in a more passive state prior to a switch. I dunno, that’s my thinking anyway. I’m not the best at the single player modes lol.

    What exactly is skill zoning referring to?

    Skill zoning is taking control of a single player in your own zone and keeping him in the middle of the ice and hoping your AI defence will pressure the puck carriers. The reason the AI was toned down after the beta tuner was to prevent this and make people actually control defenders to try and defend and recover the puck.

    But ea went to far, AI are nothing more than moving pylons, they should be actively covering their man or attacking the puck carrier. I would much rather have guys “skill zoning” than guys being able to twirl around in the corner indefinitely until they get the short side shot.

    If you set your AI defence to aggressive that's exactly what they do - cover the man and harry the puck carrier. I played a game against a team which mainly consisted of silver players plus a few freebies like Roenick and Duchene and even they made it a competitive game because of his AI settings - he was not the most complete NHL player I've faced this year.

    That’s funny cause the devs said that AI will NOT try to engage the puck carrier, they will try and stay with him but not try to take the puck or the man.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    If you set your AI defence to aggressive that's exactly what they do - cover the man and harry the puck carrier. I played a game against a team which mainly consisted of silver players plus a few freebies like Roenick and Duchene and even they made it a competitive game because of his AI settings - he was not the most complete NHL player I've faced this year.

    That’s funny cause the devs said that AI will NOT try to engage the puck carrier, they will try and stay with him but not try to take the puck or the man.

    So we agree then - cover and harry means basically follow around, press, get in the way, harass. Does anyone remember that movie from the 80's - Short Circuit? Number 5 alive!
  • I have have the AI d stick lift poke check and mirror every one of my moves I disagree that the AI is simply cones that harass.
  • I have have the AI d stick lift poke check and mirror every one of my moves I disagree that the AI is simply cones that harass.

    Not seen that since we got rid of the beta tuner @TreborMalkin do you have any video of this it seems to be very rare?
  • If I could figure out how to share video I would. I am not getting beat by the user controlled players I’m getting beat by the AI assist and my teams lack of it.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!