EA Forums - Banner

So the fellas at EA are in the lab ....

Prev1
(This is coming from 6s club/drop ins)
They are in there brewing up a new stew.
Maybe I shouldn’t say new...just adding or subtracting some spices to our meal.

It’s been a few days since the subtle change to the roll back tuner.
IMO I think it’s in a good spot...(a nice balance with O and D tools)
What are we looking for in the next...possible final tuner for 19?!

Replies

• I'd like to see less puck control through sticks/legs/bodies, collisions at slower speeds (like before latest tuner), hitting assistance slider adjustment and to tone down charging penalties. Seems it's become more catered towards a one-man show style since the latest tuner and that's not how 6v6 hockey should be played. Should be team utilization style in 6v6. Players skating backwards at the same speed or faster than everyone while not losing the puck does not resemble actual hockey. The hitting has always seemed to follow the puck unless you tap the hitstick, rather than hold down. Again, that's changed since last tuner because a small bump is no longer a collision but a rub off with no collision. Charging penalties can be a bit much at times. Some games seem as they hand them out like Halloween candy.
  • JOE6V6I6L wrote: »
    I'd like to see less puck control through sticks/legs/bodies, collisions at slower speeds (like before latest tuner), hitting assistance slider adjustment and to tone down charging penalties. Seems it's become more catered towards a one-man show style since the latest tuner and that's not how 6v6 hockey should be played. Should be team utilization style in 6v6. Players skating backwards at the same speed or faster than everyone while not losing the puck does not resemble actual hockey. The hitting has always seemed to follow the puck unless you tap the hitstick, rather than hold down. Again, that's changed since last tuner because a small bump is no longer a collision but a rub off with no collision. Charging penalties can be a bit much at times. Some games seem as they hand them out like Halloween candy.

I like what you’re saying...I don’t have any problems with charging though...pretty much every charging call I’ve ever seen has been warranted.

Agreed the puck could even be more loose...but it’s way better now....it could be even more organic...(but the “elite” might blow a gasket)
  • JOE6V6I6L
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    People want to Deke like Datsyuk 5 to 10times a game and can do it. What they don't realize is that a happens a few times a year in the NHL, not 5 to 10 times a game.
    People want to Deke like Datsyuk 5 to 10times a game and can do it. What they don't realize is that a happens a few times a year in the NHL, not 5 to 10 times a game.

If you’re not over agressive ...You can pretty much knock the 24/7 daaatsucks off the puck .
  • They didn’t fix short side glitch
  • matheson10 wrote: »
    They didn’t fix short side glitch
    What do you mean?
    I'd like to see less puck control through sticks/legs/bodies, collisions at slower speeds (like before latest tuner), hitting assistance slider adjustment and to tone down charging penalties. Seems it's become more catered towards a one-man show style since the latest tuner and that's not how 6v6 hockey should be played. Should be team utilization style in 6v6. Players skating backwards at the same speed or faster than everyone while not losing the puck does not resemble actual hockey. The hitting has always seemed to follow the puck unless you tap the hitstick, rather than hold down. Again, that's changed since last tuner because a small bump is no longer a collision but a rub off with no collision. Charging penalties can be a bit much at times. Some games seem as they hand them out like Halloween candy.

I like what you’re saying...I don’t have any problems with charging though...pretty much every charging call I’ve ever seen has been warranted.

Agreed the puck could even be more loose...but it’s way better now....it could be even more organic...(but the “elite” might blow a gasket)

Let the so called elite players blow a gasket. They would either adapt to actually pass the puck around instead of figure skating, if they don’t they won’t be elite anymore and the guys that do pass and set up good plays will be the new elite.

Let the so called elite players blow a gasket. They would either adapt to actually pass the puck around instead of figure skating, if they don’t they won’t be elite anymore and the guys that do pass and set up good plays will be the new elite.

Ya brother!!! Let’s fight the good fight!
    Video game hockey (team play modes) are so much more fun when actual team play attitudes are encouraged.
  • Even in hut/vs I find it more fun to pass the puck around and try setting up a nice play, much more satisfying than dancing around in the corner looking for short side all the time.
  • Even in hut/vs I find it more fun to pass the puck around and try setting up a nice play, much more satisfying than dancing around in the corner looking for short side all the time.

Ohhhh you like the sport of hockey!!! Right on!
  • from a 6s standpoint, give me just the beta tuner with the removal of dropped/broken sticks and the changes to the stick lift that were good for the game. revert the incidental contact changes as I think they're creating more of the bubbles once again.
  • from a 6s standpoint, give me just the beta tuner with the removal of dropped/broken sticks and the changes to the stick lift that were good for the game. revert the incidental contact changes as I think they're creating more of the bubbles once again.
    I am all for the complete removal of the bubble!!!
    Do you think the bubble is back?!!
    So far ...after about 10 games....I feel like I can get the puck off and away from the bubble boys
  • The bubble is definitely back in hut, to be honest I haven’t played any 6’s since the last tuner, I just hate drop ins and my team is on so infrequently, so I just play hut most of the time. Slow speed curling the stick back is damn near impossible to knock him off the puck unless I hit him hard with big Halloween Buff and risk a charging or boarding call. It’s a garbage way to play and boring as hell to play and defend.
  • xPDogg65x
    741 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Even in hut/vs I find it more fun to pass the puck around and try setting up a nice play, much more satisfying than dancing around in the corner looking for short side all the time.

Ohhhh you like the sport of hockey!!! Right on!

Damn right I’m a hockey fan. Best game in the world! The speed, the skill and the big hits. Watching a great play develop can be very exciting. But hockey is also very random, bounces happen and when a shot is taken into a crowd in front of the net you never know where the puck is going to end up, or even late in a period a guy gets a break away but bobbles the puck when it hits a rut in the ice. These seem to be things that ea is taking out of the game because the so called elite players don’t like them cause they can’t control it. Well sorry ea but It’s in the game, so should be left in the game. Incidental contact should also stay, it has always been part of hockey.
    Let the elite whine and complain, they either adapt or move on. Either way it will be a better game and I would lay odds that after a couple of years of the closest thing we can get to real hockey we can get, people that used to play this game and have left the series will start to come back.
    Live up to your motto EA sports remember, if it’s in the game, it’s in the game. You would have a much happier community.
    So far ...after about 10 games....I feel like I can get the puck off and away from the bubble boys

I've been seeing it since the first game on the new tuner, and pretty well every game since. it's not as bad as it used to be, but still much worse than the beta. I'm also only talking about club on the eastern servers, so that certainly plays a factor
  • monz
    906 posts Member
    The bubble is definitely back in hut, to be honest I haven’t played any 6’s since the last tuner, I just hate drop ins and my team is on so infrequently, so I just play hut most of the time. Slow speed curling the stick back is damn near impossible to knock him off the puck unless I hit him hard with big Halloween Buff and risk a charging or boarding call. It’s a garbage way to play and boring as hell to play and defend.

Agreed bubble is definitely back in HUT.

Bubbles back

Bubbles back

Say it ain’t soooooooo! :(
  • Bubble is back for EASHL but definitely not as bad as 1.03

For the most part I can knock players off the puck when it makes sense and every now and then it doesn't work when I feel it should have. I think the balance is nearly perfect. Yes it would be fun if hits were slightly more effective, but the puck was just a little too loose in the beta. Game has a bit more flow to it now and I am fine if forwards can shrug off hits now and again.

I think to perfect this balance the game should take upper body strength more into account when landing a hit. Yes it can be hard to hit another player when little momentum is involved and that's where upper body strength can make all the difference. I feel this is where the game struggles a bit.
    If I am wrong, then please by all means @NHLDev correct me, or maybe dive more into detail if you feel compelled to do so. :)
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1399 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Bubble is back for EASHL but definitely not as bad as 1.03

For the most part I can knock players off the puck when it makes sense and every now and then it doesn't work when I feel it should have. I think the balance is nearly perfect. Yes it would be fun if hits were slightly more effective, but the puck was just a little too loose in the beta. Game has a bit more flow to it now and I am fine if forwards can shrug off hits now and again.

I think to perfect this balance the game should take upper body strength more into account when landing a hit. Yes it can be hard to hit another player when little momentum is involved and that's where upper body strength can make all the difference. I feel this is where the game struggles a bit.
    If I am wrong, then please by all means @NHLDev correct me, or maybe dive more into detail if you feel compelled to do so. :)

I agree with this as well. I'd personally turn stick lift effectiveness down a notch, but otherwise, most things feel better. Or imploment a timer for how quick successive attempts can be made, or increase the chance of a penalty each subsequent consecutive use.