EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

JOFA, College helmets not allowed on european league teams?

So I decided to create an 80's version of my local SHL team and assigned the JOFA helmet to most players. When I go to play a game all these players wear a Bauer helmet instead. Why? Why can't I have JOFA helmets (cage helmet, college helmet etc didn't work either) on European league teams? Not even when I started an NHL season and swapped a team for my SHL team did it work.

This took all the fun out if as I wanted a retro feel. A whole day wasted.

EA, why must this limitation exist? Please fix this in the next patch and I would be very grateful.

Replies

• Froommey
    414 posts Member
    edited February 11
    This is maybe a bug of the game only. If the Jofa helmet is in, he should be possible to dress and to play visible in the game.
  • After some investigation it seems as if every european team is connected to a specific brand. Some teams have CCM equpiment and some have Bauer. I tried to change gloves as well and it did also revert back to CCM/Bauer in games. Sticks however could be changed to other brands.

Not sure if it's a bug or if this is on purpose. I know for previous games atleast you could not remove visors for AHL players or use CHL goalie masks in the NHL, I guess because of some regulations.

I find it quite ridiculous though. Just let us do what we want with players/goalies/equipment that is available in the game.

• After some investigation it seems as if every european team is connected to a specific brand. Some teams have CCM equpiment and some have Bauer. I tried to change gloves as well and it did also revert back to CCM/Bauer in games. Sticks however could be changed to other brands.

Not sure if it's a bug or if this is on purpose. I know for previous games atleast you could not remove visors for AHL players or use CHL goalie masks in the NHL, I guess because of some regulations.

I find it quite ridiculous though. Just let us do what we want with players/goalies/equipment that is available in the game.

Yes, this from the ,, not useable ,, Goalie masks from CHL Goalies at NHL I know. It nerves me a lot, because not many possibilities to change Goalie masks or options to do that. Such missing things and a lot more of smaller graphic details let feel this game stoned and boring after a short time.