EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Passing Broken

I have a lot of issues with passing that are based around how the game performance is but there is one more than anything else that screws me in games:

When I have 2 players (one further than the other) in the same passing line, the pass always get sent to the further one- which is pretty much never what I want to happen because it’s usually cross ice and easy to pick off. Happens at least a dozen times a game. I’ve tried adjusting the pass assist from everything from 0 to 100 and it never changes.

How is this correctable???

Replies

• Hey @BrownIdentity,

Do you have Manual Passing turned on?

If you want to have more control of your passing, then you'll need to have it turned on. You can find the setting within the "Settings" menu, then select "Gameplay Sliders", and scroll to the "Passing" tab.

Hope that helps.
  • I agree, this also happens when switching to a player. Its bad enough that it always switches to a d man when the opponent starts moving toward my zone, but this can be compensated for by knowing that this is always what happens. But so often I will be in the O zone and I will have a player hemmed in and they make a pass. When I try to switch to the nearest player to the pass receiver It will switch to someone else entirely, and not always a d man. How hard is it to expect that I may actually want to be closer to the puck. This happens in my d zone too when the opponent is cycling accross my blue line, when I swich to attack the pack carrier why would I want it to go to the off wing d man, whats worse is its inconsistent. Sometimes it will switch to the nearest player and sometimes i end up being a d man that Im suddenly moving out of position because I wasnt expecting to become him. This is what makes it so that people just stay as one player and let the computer d man pressure the puck carrier. You never know who you'll end up being half the time if you switch. What's worse is that because you don't know who you will end up as, you avoid switching if you dont have to, so if you leave a computer player to pick up say a loose puck that is well within his stick range and right in front of them, why won't they grab the dam puck half the time!?
  • [quote="NHL_Live_Support;c-2050683"]Hey @BrownIdentity,

Do you have Manual Passing turned on?

If you want to have more control of your passing, then you'll need to have it turned on. You can find the setting within the "Settings" menu, then select "Gameplay Sliders", and scroll to the "Passing" tab.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

Does this affect your play in HUT also? That’s pretty much the only mode I play in.
  • Does this affect your play in HUT also? That’s pretty much the only mode I play in.

It should affect your play in all modes, yes.
  • So all those sliders can help you improve your HUT gameplay? Like I can turn up all the human ones and then just pass and receive better than my opponent? That doesn’t seem to make sense. Also I did it and don’t notice a difference.
  • So all those sliders can help you improve your HUT gameplay? Like I can turn up all the human ones and then just pass and receive better than my opponent? That doesn’t seem to make sense. Also I did it and don’t notice a difference.

I don't think so, no. Just the Manual Passing option.
  • I don’t think they affect it at all. Didn’t fix my problem. What now?
  • So long as you have Manual Passing turned on, then it should work. Also, for short passes you should hold the pass button for a short amount of time, long passes for a longer time. The best way to test this out is in Practice Mode.
  • Played 6 games tonight with your suggestions. No difference. Now what?
  • NHL_Live_Support
    182 posts NHL Developer
    Have you tried using a different controller? This hasn't been reported by many users, so I'm thinking it might be something specific to your setup.
  • I own several controllers and I’ve rotated through them all. Funny you haven’t heard this. I’ve posted on several forums looking for help and have found quite a few people who have the same issue.

Anyway, the manual passing didn’t work. Nothing has changed.
  • So that’s it? No more suggestions?
  • NHL_Live_Support
    182 posts NHL Developer
    Try going into Practice Mode and test out/practice your passing there. This has only been reported by a few people, so it could have to do with the style you play unfortunately.
  • Tried it. No help. Although I don’t know what I’m looking for, but getting the same outcomes. Gotta get this fixed though - it’s costing me games and packs. Probably would’ve finished top 250 in HUT champs this past weekend if I didn’t have this problem. Blew 2 games in the last minute because of bad passes caused by this issue