EA Forums - Banner

EASHL unplayable

RNM58820755
32 posts Member
edited February 2019
As of right now, EASHL is unplayable for me. Ever since the patch that fixed showing the incorrect ping the ping has been unbearable. They said it was actually double what it was showing but for me it has more than doubled. Funny thing is though before they issued that patch the game was actually playable. The game showed anywhere from 15-25 lag(supposedly incorrect) and it felt smoother than now. I still had the stupid input lag where actions didnt process immediatley, but other than that it felt fine. Now im constantly getting lag spikes with ping sitting at 60-70. My internet hasnt changed. So why is it now unplayable. I live in the midwest and i was excited they added the central server. Back when the lag was allegedly incorrect it seemed to help. I could tell when i was on central server because the ping was “15” and the fame felt better overall. Now it seems the central server has no affect at all. EASHL in 18 was better than now, albeit not a whole lot better but better nonetheless. How could it have been so screwed up from one year to the next?

Replies

• Same here. Seriously EA, one cares what the ping graph shows. It’s always been inaccurate and incorrect and never truly reflects the quality of our connection. I’ve played with 20ms ping at 8pm and had lag, then played with 40 ping at 1am and it was smooth.

The fact is the game does not play well since the patch. Lag is worse than ever!

Part of me thinks that the whole “we’ve fixed an issue that show the wrong ping” was a way to hide something going on behind the scenes with EA servers.
  • Snapcaster1
    240 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Still no answers or acknowledgement or any kind of comment back from EA! So many people complaining of this! Hello? EA? I think it’s time we received one statement regarding the awful connection and delay problems many are suffering with as of recently! What Happened? Why is the game like this? Will the game remain like this? Anything to help us understand please! And I’m not talking about the numbers people are seeing in their charts! I’m talking about the feel! The unheard of lag spikes that drop you from game.
  • Still no answers or acknowledgement or any kind of comment back from EA! So many people complaining of this! Hello? EA? I think it’s time we received one statement regarding the awful connection and delay problems many are suffering with as of recently! What Happened? Why is the game like this? Will the game remain like this? Anything to help us understand please! And I’m not talking about the numbers people are seeing in their charts! I’m talking about the feel! The unheard of lag spikes that drop you from game.

Yep, I am feeling the lag pretty hard too. Passes not going where you aim, fat sluggish player, weird pivots, dumb penalties, player shoots to the net like a blind man, but less precise..... so sad.
  • What I don't understand is that if you take a game under EA like Apex Legends, that's entirely multiplayer, free, with heavy GPU and CPU loads, you'll find a nearly buttery smooth experience. Even the loading screens are quicker than NHL's UI. Totally different games, yes, but being charged $60+ w/ microtransactions where the heft of the horsepower feels like it's working more in the UI than it does in the actual game, lag should never be an issue.