EA Forums - Banner

How to report puck raggers?

martmet
96 posts Member
edited February 2019
Hey,

I just played a game and thought it was a good/close game until I scored to make the game a 1 game goal.
Then he started to rag the puck like I never seen yet on 19 (lucky me until today). I have recorded a video and uploaded to youtube.

Of course this guy like most if not all others have changed his security settings to prevent us from message him/report in game.

I can understand people who don't want to give the puck away and play defensive and wait for openings but this was clearly trying to steal a win because he knew I had chances to tie the game. I had to take 2 penalties to get the puck back for a face off.

[Socair - edited to remove name]

Replies

• Socair
    2578 posts Game Changer
    I don’t think this is a reportable offence I’m afraid. It’s not cheating or hacking and isn’t directly violating the TOS.

I edited your post to remove the username and team abbreviation. It is against forum rules to “name and shame” https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/129165/ea-forums-guidelines-rules
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • GrundleDemon333
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Happens in about 1/3 of Vs. games when there’s a lead in the 3rd, especially as you reach higher rank. It’s because the AI is fully muted and won’t take action against the puck carrier or work with you to trap when you chase. Ruins a lot of games, unfortunately.
  • The fact that the game to allow this nonsense speaks volumes for how little this company cares for people that play this kind of crap. You can't post anything on here because god forbid you should call out a dirtbag style player, you'll get yourself into trouble. EA simply doesn't care enough to do something about it. It's no wonder people are so fed up with this series.

I have to say though, a lot of people do it because people just nonstop glitch shot and cheese play all game so I think maybe they see it as a counter but there has to be something that can be done to get thi out of the game. Its trash
  • Happens in about 1/3 of Vs. games when there’s a lead in the 3rd, especially as you reach higher rank. It’s because the AI is fully muted and won’t take action against the puck carrier or work with you to trap when you chase. Ruins a lot of games, unfortunately.

Yes, unfortunately once you get to a decent ranking in vs the community becomes extremely cancerous. I usually find myself playing against someone trying to rag like this or receiving an angry message after the game about how my opponent is going to forcibly fornicate with my family members and how they would have beat me but they have a life outside this game so that’s obviously why I got so lucky.

Watching that clip was a reminder of why I hate 95% of this game’s community.
  • Just goes to show how some players just have no skill and can't even trust themselves because they suck and are to worried about coughing up the puck, just weak players in the end, but totally understand the frustration on your part.
  • The fact that the game to allow this nonsense speaks volumes for how little this company cares for people that play this kind of crap. You can't post anything on here because god forbid you should call out a dirtbag style player, you'll get yourself into trouble. EA simply doesn't care enough to do something about it. It's no wonder people are so fed up with this series.

I have to say though, a lot of people do it because people just nonstop glitch shot and cheese play all game so I think maybe they see it as a counter but there has to be something that can be done to get thi out of the game. Its trash

It's sad the wrong person gets punished. It's even worse when you tell a troll in game you are reporting him and he responds "go ahead, EA wont do nothing".
  • Kriptical476
    377 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Well.. the f2p//p2w model attracts a certain caliber of player and behavior. I don’t think it’s much different between the neverwinters, to fortnighters, and of course sports games. It’s a bad idea, which is also quite profitable, making it a slow motion train wreck across al of gaming. By train wreck I mean that I’d wager they loose customers yearly but earn so much more per customer that all the execs see is a group of customers who are forking over a ton of cash..and would like a bigger chunk of the pie to join them. We have to remember that execs no longer care about the health of a product, or life of the company, but rather quarterly profits. Unfortunately, due to the high profits you can’t trally talk to these people. I come across a fair amount of execs across many industries and they are all pretty much the same model. Very clever, not so much in the intelligence. Nothing you can really do but wait for the model to eventually fail.

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..

It's sad the wrong person gets punished. It's even worse when you tell a troll in game you are reporting him and he responds "go ahead, EA wont do nothing".

...... So they will do something? Double negative and all that....
  • Ragging should be an automatic 1 month ban to be honest. It needs a humongous penalty attached to it because it absolutely ruins the game and takes away from the joy of playing. EA needs to take action immediately.
  • The problem is it would be nearly impossible to enforce this. If there's a report button, it would be heavily abused. Just get their name down and back out any future games with that opponent. This has been a thing ever since online hockey started.