EA Forums - Banner

Franchise Mode and Tuner Updates

@NHLDev - with each release of a latest patch, do you have to restart your franchise to gain these full updates? Or does the tuner actually update in whatever existing (offline) mode you are playing in after downloading and updating?

Is there anything that would force you to restart it to see some new feature or update?
PS4 Pro : NHL19 : Franchise Mode

Replies

• Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Updates (title updates or a “patch”) will apply to your current save file. Tuners will not.
  • Interesting... So, I have a Franchise going, and it has seen 2 releases of Tuner updates (v1.03 & v1.04), I have my settings set to always use the latest release. But, just so I understand correctly, this entire time I have actually been playing with tuner v1.02? Even though it is displayed as the current release in my existing franchise?
  • If you have it set to always use the most recent tuner it will, but if you have it set to a specific tuner it will stay with that tuner.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Well, what I should have said is, that you can use whichever tuner you want, so it doesn’t override unless you set it to do so.
  • Ok, good, so the Tuner will apply to the current save file?
  • If you have it set to always use the most recent tuner it will, but if you have it set to a specific tuner it will stay with that tuner.

This too is my anticipated expectation.
  • Basically what I am trying to understand is, do I need to restart this franchise due to these releases for any reason?
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    setaylor1 wrote: »
    Basically what I am trying to understand is, do I need to restart this franchise due to these releases for any reason?
    Not for tuners or title updates. Roster updates, yes, you would have to start over.
  • Ok, good to know, thank you! :)