EA Forums - Banner

Is EA next gen ready? I say no!

kitchener_boy
354 posts Member
edited March 2019
What's you opinion on this? and How can any of us who are die hard hockey fans even consider next gen (If you are) if we feel EA is on very shakie ground now? . They would not port a NHL onto Vita,or the Switch,or P.C. but if they did this,that gives the cross play option witch would make the community and sales grow!.
I personally,would just hang onto to your current gen consoles,NHL 15 was what? one or two years into current gen?. I feel EA would have no hockey title on a PS5 XBOX Anaconda whatever for atleast a year going in.
So ok I started playing Fiffa and I can understand why it leads in sales,and me not being much for soccer am enjoying learning. I dont see Hockey being there much longer..their better to go strictly download on a IOS or whatever. Atleast do Xbox Play Anywhere.

Replies

• 5G and edge computing will be a massive game changer in the market.

exciting times ahead for the gaming industry along with... oh.... just about ever other industry.

no idea how EA plans to leverage this, but as a leading developer in the market I would assume they are already investing and making plans.

everything else until then, to me, will be kinda more of the same due to existing limitations.
  • They never even took advantage of current gen..so no. I highly doubt it. Their team can't even put together responsive and fast menu system on PS4 Pro and One. They'll keep copying and pasting the core game and its UI well into next gen, just like they've been doing.

EA is known for adding decoration and flare to a dilapidated house; I don't expect that to change. But would love to be proven wrong.

Look no further than the team behind MLB, putting together both the simple things like UI navigation speed with things that should have been in the game years ago (and actually were for other titles) like uploading our own music, which was in NFL in freaking 2004 on a first-gen XBOX for crying out loud. Tons of things at their fingertips, but seems like they're content to just bring in some low, supplementary income for their least popular title then just focus on HUT for the year. Repeat.
  • What's you opinion on this? and How can any of us who are die hard hockey fans even consider next gen (If you are) if we feel EA is on very shakie ground now? . They would not port a NHL onto Vita,or the Switch,or P.C. but if they did this,that gives the cross play option witch would make the community and sales grow!.
    I personally,would just hang onto to your current gen consoles,NHL 15 was what? one or two years into current gen?. I feel EA would have no hockey title on a PS5 XBOX Anaconda whatever for atleast a year going in.
    So ok I started playing Fiffa and I can understand why it leads in sales,and me not being much for soccer am enjoying learning. I dont see Hockey being there much longer..their better to go strictly download on a IOS or whatever. Atleast do Xbox Play Anywhere.

Well, all things considered, you are still playing NHL 14 and have yet to buy a current gen console. What is the point of your post?
  • The world goes on. The game is what it is. It'll get better in ways. They'll abandon certain "popular" elements and so on. This series has its die hard core and plenty of casual gamers who play it. Yes my original club has moved on. So I'm here to attest that EA is losing people, but it's not dying or dead. I suspect the first next Gen series will be absolute crap. I really do. And I'll buy it too. But I won't bemoan it ... Especially before it even happens.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Well, all things considered, you are still playing NHL 14 and have yet to buy a current gen console. What is the point of your post?[/quote]
    Cause I almost bought one in Septemeber to play 19 but you all said it was changed so..Why would I buy a PS4 when the word was EA duped you again!.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Well, all things considered, you are still playing NHL 14 and have yet to buy a current gen console. What is the point of your post?
    Cause I almost bought one in Septemeber to play 19 but you all said it was changed so..Why would I buy a PS4 when the word was EA duped you again!.
    [/quote]

So why would you buy a PS5 then? And that is the point.

Anyways, on a side note, there are very heavy rumors the PS5 will be backwards compatible to all prior versions. If this is the case, EA can simply port the PS4 version to it wich would make them ready for the PS5.
  • They never even took advantage of current gen..so no. I highly doubt it. Their team can't even put together responsive and fast menu system on PS4 Pro and One. They'll keep copying and pasting the core game and its UI well into next gen, just like they've been doing.

EA is known for adding decoration and flare to a dilapidated house; I don't expect that to change. But would love to be proven wrong.

Look no further than the team behind MLB, putting together both the simple things like UI navigation speed with things that should have been in the game years ago (and actually were for other titles) like uploading our own music, which was in NFL in freaking 2004 on a first-gen XBOX for crying out loud. Tons of things at their fingertips, but seems like they're content to just bring in some low, supplementary income for their least popular title then just focus on HUT for the year. Repeat.

This....