EA Forums - Banner

What a crock of ____

xPDogg65x
735 posts Member
edited March 2019
Update to HUT Competitive Seasons Matchmaking (March 8th, 2019 @ 05:00 AM EST)

Ty_Hors
Ty_Hors
59 POSTS
COMMUNITY MANAGER
March 7, 2019 7:21PM edited 7:23PM
Hey everyone,
After we introduced Wins-Based Competitive Seasons, we saw a lot of complaints from the community around players dodging top players in the seasons. The team has been working hard at trying to find the quickest solution possible in order to prevent it from happening.
As a result, on March 8th at 5 AM EST there will be a change implemented that will make games count as soon as you enter the loading screen for a HUT Competitive Seasons/HUT Champions game in order to combat player dodging.
This change will only affect HUT Competitive Seasons/HUT Champions.

Great, so now on the odd time I’m loading a game and my connection shows red I have to play a laggy game or take the loss.

I have no idea who I am matching up against before I quit so how is this going to help prevent people quitting against top players?

Replies

• Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Ty_Hors
    Ty_Hors
    59 POSTS
    COMMUNITY MANAGER
    Hey everyone,
    After we introduced Wins-Based Competitive Seasons, we saw a lot of complaints from the community around players dodging top players in the seasons. The team has been working hard at trying to find the quickest solution possible in order to prevent it from happening.
    As a result, on March 8th at 5 AM EST there will be a change implemented that will make games count as soon as you enter the loading screen for a HUT Competitive Seasons/HUT Champions game in order to combat player dodging.
    This change will only affect HUT Competitive Seasons/HUT Champions.

Great, so now on the odd time I’m loading a game and my connection shows red I have to play a laggy game or take the loss.

I have no idea who I am matching up against before I quit so how is this going to help prevent people quitting against top players?

Agreed so now if we get a crappy connection we are stuck playing on it ,or playing against someone who uses the all white Toronto sweaters
  • RSO75
    86 posts Member

Ty_Hors
    Ty_Hors
    59 POSTS
    COMMUNITY MANAGER
    Hey everyone,
    After we introduced Wins-Based Competitive Seasons, we saw a lot of complaints from the community around players dodging top players in the seasons.
    This absolutely makes no sense, why would "a lot" of people complain about other people not wanting to play the puck raggers? I think it's more like the puck raggers are starting to complain now because they can't get complete games in.

• It seems the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.