EA Forums - Banner

World Gaming Championship Pay to Win Trash

Title says it all

whoever bought the most packs, manipulated the marketplace all year and has a team of 99 ovr players with every synergy activated has the most skill obviously and deserves to play in a world tournament according to EA...

Trashiest EA move ever.

I guess the $50000 is just so the winner can get his pack money back and reinvest it all back into the game next year!

I can see the responses now... "if you cant win with a lower rated team you just need to get good, I beat higher rated teams all the time!"

So do I, That's not the point...the principle here is EA's shady greed and business practices to try and get you to spend more money on their games is downright infuriating.

The fact that you are at an automatic disadvantage against players who spend more more money than you is absolutely disgusting for a gaming tournament that's supposed to be based on talent and skill.

Dont try and tell me, that the people who win more often in hut dont tend to have much better teams , because they do. This is a game that's programmed with CPU goalies that determine what shots go in and what shots dont. Of course there is Ice Tilt EA! Its measured numerically in the OVR Ratings! Its programed directly into the game , clear as day! Theres no denying that!

And Dont get me started on the marketplace and the process of actually obtaining decent cards by spending hut coins because you need a masters degree in economics just to get ahead every year, even with good pulls!

I guess whoever spends an absurd amount of money and wins the slot machine rhetoric pack lottery deserves a free ticket to get recognized on a world stage.

Nice Message EA! The actual NHL should be so proud of this

Replies

• It’s like Major League Baseball! No salary cap.
    That’s why it’s always the same 6 or so teams that are competitive.
    Boring!
  • Damn, I'm sorry that a game makes you feel so much rage. I think the logical reason is because it's on dedicated servers. Maybe you should take a break from nhl man.
  • Above1988 wrote: »
    Title says it all

whoever bought the most packs, manipulated the marketplace all year and has a team of 99 ovr players with every synergy activated has the most skill obviously and deserves to play in a world tournament according to EA...

Trashiest EA move ever.

I guess the $50000 is just so the winner can get his pack money back and reinvest it all back into the game next year!

I can see the responses now... "if you cant win with a lower rated team you just need to get good, I beat higher rated teams all the time!"

So do I, That's not the point...the principle here is EA's shady greed and business practices to try and get you to spend more money on their games is downright infuriating.

The fact that you are at an automatic disadvantage against players who spend more more money than you is absolutely disgusting for a gaming tournament that's supposed to be based on talent and skill.

Dont try and tell me, that the people who win more often in hut dont tend to have much better teams , because they do. This is a game that's programmed with CPU goalies that determine what shots go in and what shots dont. Of course there is Ice Tilt EA! Its measured numerically in the OVR Ratings! Its programed directly into the game , clear as day! Theres no denying that!

And Dont get me started on the marketplace and the process of actually obtaining decent cards by spending hut coins because you need a masters degree in economics just to get ahead every year, even with good pulls!

I guess whoever spends an absurd amount of money and wins the slot machine rhetoric pack lottery deserves a free ticket to get recognized on a world stage.

Nice Message EA! The actual NHL should be so proud of this

So now the ice tilt favours the team with the higher rating? I wish you ice tilt guys could get your theories straight, first it’s lower rated teams get the advantage, now it’s the higher rated team. Make up your minds.