EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

Does stats matter? or not? I changed my mind today...

Replies

• if how much you spent really mattered or weaker teams get a boost then i'd have cleared that 30 win progression objective by now.
  • [quote="Jeff_frm_Edmonds;c-2061422"]if how much you spent really mattered or weaker teams get a boost then i'd have cleared that 30 win progression objective by now. [/quote]

Did you try playing WHC? Since it keeps you in your region connections are much more consistent. Matchmaking seems to actually work, puts you with players with the same amount of wins. This would be the best opportunity to get some fair matchups.
  • NYR_Nick
    117 posts Member
    Thankfully there are people in this thread that can accept what has going on.
    Sliders are most definitely adjusted based on your rank. I've played guys recently who just should not be able to keep up with my team, yet they match and excel at speed, endurance, etc.

I always concede to a better player, but I'm losing to teams that are simply outskating me half the time. That's all it takes.

Yesterday I played someone ranked below me and it was a tight game, but I had several 2 on 1s where my shooter simply shot wide or flubbed the shot.

The a.i. just forced OT.
  • I know what you mean. I can obviously tell the difference between losing because I got outplayed to being shafted by a player who isn't good at all. When you outplay them all game and still lose to a obvious boost in speed, A. I. Constantly the puck not being picked up, hitting the cross bar 5 times and a huge difference in goal tending.
  • TreborMalkin
    187 posts Member
    edited April 6
    There are two sides to this those that think we can’t tell the difference between a top tier player whipping you based on player skill with a bronze team, and those that play against similar rated players and realize play is different vs a lower overall rated team. I put 43 shots on a base Murray 81 overall goalie, 0 goals plenty of posts or wide shots. I had 16 minutes of penalties on checks not lifts or pokes. Player was rated below me overall and his team was gold with Stastny and messier. Next game played a team with Horton and loaded 90+ overall and ranked 3k higher than me. I abused his 95 bishop 7 goals on 23 shots same team for me but I hit the net made onetimers and had 0 penalty minutes. There is a difference not tilt maybe say balancing. I can take getting spanked by someone in the top 500. Or even top 3-5k but not when the user player isn’t getting the turnovers it’s the AI pokes steals shadows etc.
    Post edited by TreborMalkin on
  • I got spanked by Simone last night too. She is cheating on one of us.
  • How is it I just played a guy with not even all the free monthly legend players and almost all base card players and each one of his players skated faster than my 95 mcdavid and 97 forsberg. It’s one thing for someone to be a better player but when ea flat out has a base 84 kane beat 97 forsberg how is that right? What’s the point of playing and saving money and upgrading players of base players can keep up with 99’s
  • prack7
    56 posts Member
    Tilt....sliders....nerfing
  • Oupik
    39 posts Member
    Il be not read all messages, because it is to much, and Im tired from people who talk there are not glitch or tilt... Just wont tell you my 82. Sezza had 100 point on 170 games after ríše up 15 games and no one point...
  • Same happens to me think its connection issue wth there servers
  • NYR_Nick
    117 posts Member
    Same here. I thought the dedicated servers were supposed to fix this?

My connection is fine.

It's all slider, based, a.i. handicapping.

When an all gold team in div 5 meets a legend team in the same division, the user with the lower overall team has a slider advantage. The higher rated team plays against a more difficult A.I. This was done apparently so that people who don't have top players can still compete.

Funny but it goes against the whole premise of the game, where you're supposed to be building an "Ultimate Team"

I've played this mode since its inception, practically every day, year after year, and I've never noticed it more since these last 3-4 yrs.

I've heard all the excuses. The development team treats us like were insane
  • HUT is a pathetic joke. Has been for years. Skill has nothing to do with it.. Never has. So sick of losing to players I out shoot and play all game to lose to a few ridiculous goals. Seeing the other goalie stop everything and my goalie can't stop a beach ball. Happens all the time. Right away you can see the puck bouncing off my players and a sudden boost in the other team. It's so obvious. Watching Silver and Low Gold players, playing like high 90's players. Never again will I buy this garbage of a game. Every year hoping the game will change and just keeps getting worse. HUT is nothing but a money grab and could be great if we could just play. But that's never happening.
    Lol what best players? Matrix lmao. No but guaranteed any of the So Called best players dropped a good amount of money in packs. Bet if I wasted my money on this game on packs, suddenly my game would probably play the way it should. I know what I see year after year. Facts are facts and tons of people see the exact same thing. Sure it's a coincidence. I'm sure EA never thought of screwing people's game's up and hopefully get them to get packs to be better.

So first you complain about teams with silver and low gold players playing like a team of 90’s. Then you complain about guys buying packs to get better players and if you wasted your money on packs your game would be better.

So what is it then? Is a lower team with silvers and gold better? Or is a team of high 90’s better? You seem very confused.
  • 13ulow
    46 posts Member
    I upgraded my team to 99 overall, and oh boy, player stats do matter :)
  • Oupik
    39 posts Member
    Every year is after toty this mode diferent, it is every year same...
  • I’m glad I’m not crazy when I’m playing some games watching a base player skate backwards faster then my burner 99 and I can’t get past him thinking how is this possible. This also explains why in those games I hit 5-10 posts instead of getting goals as well.
    The best is when you faced a stacked team who beats you to every puck and totally dominates the game where is my slider advantage to give me a chance? It doesn’t seem to work that way for me.
  • prack7
    56 posts Member
    Tilt, handicap sliders exist.....end of story. It’s the same convo every year....
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    I’m glad I’m not crazy when I’m playing some games watching a base player skate backwards faster then my burner 99 and I can’t get past him thinking how is this possible. This also explains why in those games I hit 5-10 posts instead of getting goals as well.
    The best is when you faced a stacked team who beats you to every puck and totally dominates the game where is my slider advantage to give me a chance? It doesn’t seem to work that way for me.

Of course it doesn’t work that way for you, it doesn’t work that way for anyone, there is no ice tilt or it would work that way for everybody.
  • NYR_Nick
    117 posts Member
    edited April 10
    xPDogg65x wrote: »
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    I’m glad I’m not crazy when I’m playing some games watching a base player skate backwards faster then my burner 99 and I can’t get past him thinking how is this possible. This also explains why in those games I hit 5-10 posts instead of getting goals as well.

Of course it doesn’t work that way for you, it doesn’t work that way for anyone, there is no ice tilt or it would work that way for everybody.
    It's part of the matchmaking system or the integrity of the users connection to the server.

Stop with the pat answers in an attempt to sound logical, and portray the issue as conspiracy hysteria

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • xPDogg65x wrote: »
    HUT is a pathetic joke. Has been for years. Skill has nothing to do with it.. Never has. So sick of losing to players I out shoot and play all game to lose to a few ridiculous goals. Seeing the other goalie stop everything and my goalie can't stop a beach ball. Happens all the time. Right away you can see the puck bouncing off my players and a sudden boost in the other team. It's so obvious. Watching Silver and Low Gold players, playing like high 90's players. Never again will I buy this garbage of a game. Every year hoping the game will change and just keeps getting worse. HUT is nothing but a money grab and could be great if we could just play. But that's never happening.
    Lol what best players? Matrix lmao. No but guaranteed any of the So Called best players dropped a good amount of money in packs. Bet if I wasted my money on this game on packs, suddenly my game would probably play the way it should. I know what I see year after year. Facts are facts and tons of people see the exact same thing. Sure it's a coincidence. I'm sure EA never thought of screwing people's game's up and hopefully get them to get packs to be better.

So first you complain about teams with silver and low gold players playing like a team of 90’s. Then you complain about guys buying packs to get better players and if you wasted your money on packs your game would be better.

So what is it then? Is a lower team with silvers and gold better? Or is a team of high 90’s better? You seem very confused.

Apparently your missing the point. I was saying bet if I dropped a bunch of money my game might suddenly get better. Not because there's a great chance I would pull anything good, but for the reason I spent money and wouldn't keep getting screwed game after game. Just a thought.
  • monz
    747 posts Member
    NYR_Nick wrote: »
    xPDogg65x wrote: »
    Tonysl79 wrote: »

It's part of the matchmaking system or the integrity of the users connection to the server.

Stop with the pat answers in an attempt to sound logical, and portray the issue as conspiracy hysteria

[Socair - edited swear filter]

He has every right to tell his truth, just as you do.