EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 WOC Progression Changes

We made some changes on WoC progression based on your feedback, check it out & discuss it here.

Does stats matter? or not? I changed my mind today...

Replies

• monz
    753 posts Member
    xPDogg65x wrote: »
    HUT is a pathetic joke. Has been for years. Skill has nothing to do with it.. Never has. So sick of losing to players I out shoot and play all game to lose to a few ridiculous goals. Seeing the other goalie stop everything and my goalie can't stop a beach ball. Happens all the time. Right away you can see the puck bouncing off my players and a sudden boost in the other team. It's so obvious. Watching Silver and Low Gold players, playing like high 90's players. Never again will I buy this garbage of a game. Every year hoping the game will change and just keeps getting worse. HUT is nothing but a money grab and could be great if we could just play. But that's never happening.
    Lol what best players? Matrix lmao. No but guaranteed any of the So Called best players dropped a good amount of money in packs. Bet if I wasted my money on this game on packs, suddenly my game would probably play the way it should. I know what I see year after year. Facts are facts and tons of people see the exact same thing. Sure it's a coincidence. I'm sure EA never thought of screwing people's game's up and hopefully get them to get packs to be better.

So first you complain about teams with silver and low gold players playing like a team of 90’s. Then you complain about guys buying packs to get better players and if you wasted your money on packs your game would be better.

So what is it then? Is a lower team with silvers and gold better? Or is a team of high 90’s better? You seem very confused.

Apparently your missing the point. I was saying bet if I dropped a bunch of money my game might suddenly get better. Not because there's a great chance I would pull anything good, but for the reason I spent money and wouldn't keep getting screwed game after game. Just a thought.

Try it out, let us know the outcome.
  • xPDogg65x wrote: »
    HUT is a pathetic joke. Has been for years. Skill has nothing to do with it.. Never has. So sick of losing to players I out shoot and play all game to lose to a few ridiculous goals. Seeing the other goalie stop everything and my goalie can't stop a beach ball. Happens all the time. Right away you can see the puck bouncing off my players and a sudden boost in the other team. It's so obvious. Watching Silver and Low Gold players, playing like high 90's players. Never again will I buy this garbage of a game. Every year hoping the game will change and just keeps getting worse. HUT is nothing but a money grab and could be great if we could just play. But that's never happening.
    Lol what best players? Matrix lmao. No but guaranteed any of the So Called best players dropped a good amount of money in packs. Bet if I wasted my money on this game on packs, suddenly my game would probably play the way it should. I know what I see year after year. Facts are facts and tons of people see the exact same thing. Sure it's a coincidence. I'm sure EA never thought of screwing people's game's up and hopefully get them to get packs to be better.

So first you complain about teams with silver and low gold players playing like a team of 90’s. Then you complain about guys buying packs to get better players and if you wasted your money on packs your game would be better.

So what is it then? Is a lower team with silvers and gold better? Or is a team of high 90’s better? You seem very confused.

Apparently your missing the point. I was saying bet if I dropped a bunch of money my game might suddenly get better. Not because there's a great chance I would pull anything good, but for the reason I spent money and wouldn't keep getting screwed game after game. Just a thought.

I would take that bet. So now it’s just spending money so ea supposedly just flips a switch after someone spends x amount on packs. Excuses, excuses. How about some people just aren’t as good as they think and/or just play way to predictable so it’s easy to defend against their one play over and over.
  • monz wrote: »
    NYR_Nick wrote: »
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    I’m glad I’m not crazy when I’m playing some games watching a base player skate backwards faster then my burner 99 and I can’t get past him thinking how is this possible. This also explains why in those games I hit 5-10 posts instead of getting goals as well.
    The best is when you faced a stacked team who beats you to every puck and totally dominates the game where is my slider advantage to give me a chance? It doesn’t seem to work that way for me.

Of course it doesn’t work that way for you, it doesn’t work that way for anyone, there is no ice tilt or it would work that way for everybody.
    It's part of the matchmaking system or the integrity of the users connection to the server.

Stop with the pat answers in an attempt to sound logical, and portray the issue as conspiracy hysteria

[Socair - edited swear filter]

He has every right to tell his truth, just as you do.

Hes not saying anything.
  • xPDogg65x wrote: »

I would take that bet. So now it’s just spending money so ea supposedly just flips a switch after someone spends x amount on packs. Excuses, excuses. How about some people just aren’t as good as they think and/or just play way to predictable so it’s easy to defend against their one play over and over.

His last point seemed a bit off, but it's the same scenario alot of users are experiencing myself included.

No one is saying they should win every game, I'm certainly nothing special in this game, I can concede to better players.

The point people are making is how their players perform when matched up against lesser teams. How is it possible that an all gold base team can out skate 90+ players?

How is that my 90+ players miss wide open nets and flub shots against low rated teams. You may be so food at the game that you can overcome any scenario, but this not the case for many of us.

It's not about losing, it's about lesser teams out skating top teams. It shouldn't happen, but it does all the time.
  • monz
    753 posts Member

His last point seemed a bit off, but it's the same scenario alot of users are experiencing myself included.

No one is saying they should win every game, I'm certainly nothing special in this game, I can concede to better players.

The point people are making is how their players perform when matched up against lesser teams. How is it possible that an all gold base team can out skate 90+ players?

How is that my 90+ players miss wide open nets and flub shots against low rated teams. You may be so food at the game that you can overcome any scenario, but this not the case for many of us.

It's not about losing, it's about lesser teams out skating top teams. It shouldn't happen, but it does all the time.

The reason lesser teams outskate top teams is simple. Better PBC, many elite players use alt accounts to get bouns packs through comp seasons. They throw together low end teams and crush people. Just because you have high rated players doesn't make you a better hockey player.
  • I believe the problem is 100% better vs worse connection issues. Hockey’s a fast game and those milliseconds matter. After playing in regions and not against the world , asking where players were from after the game, it was clear if your playing someone across the country. One side has a server connection advantage. If your playing at certain times when the majority of players online are on the same server as you then the game seems fair. When your controller reaction time to the actual player movements on the screen are delayed and the others are on time it will seem unfair, fat man, mud, tilted.

I have had delay lag issues for years and playing 25 region games 75% were smooth. Playing 25 CS games im lucky if 25% are smooth unless I play them all when the servers are packed with west coast players. So many comments are made here by players that get frustrated with the game because it doesn’t seem fair and they’re right that one side has an advantage but it’s not because of anything else listed above.

If you play 3 games with an 80 overall team and win them all then 3 with a 99 and lose them it means nothing. Try 100 with each and see what happens, you will notice your 80’s get outskated a lot more then the keep up.

This makes sense to me so I’m going with it
  • Oupik
    51 posts Member
    I played a 100s games, and when I decreased overal of team, so started winning Title in 1. Div like nothing... Bud, Im not using base cards, because after all those years Im sure that is some kind of glitch, hate that when my team is like full of drunk players and then I can see oponent keep base cards in team... Always that was like that and always that will be like that...

The reason lesser teams outskate top teams is simple. Better PBC, many elite players use alt accounts to get bouns packs through comp seasons. They throw together low end teams and crush people. Just because you have high rated players doesn't make you a better hockey player.

I'm aware they do this, and I'm not saying a great player couldn't beat me with a low overall team...

This issue is this , that low end team shouldn't be out skating me, when my wingers beat their defense on a breakaway they shouldn't catch me every time,

My top players shouldn't be shanking shots, and missing open nets, while wrist shots from the blue line are going in my net.

If you're telling me that elite players can make their lower overall teams skate faster, by means of skill... I think you need help.

Its either connection or handicapping/sliders...

No boogeymen
  • I'm at my 3rd round of playing with base cards to lose one rank in online seasons (I guess it's easier to do 14 or 15 points than the 16 to win div 1...

But since my first attempt a few weeks ago when I started this thread, I had the chance to play many, many more games.

One thing that I noticed is that my base cards players don't really have an handicap shooting at the net in some games. The goalie can be a 90+ it makes no difference. I can one timer at the blue line and Bishop 95 will miss it after a few tries.

Of course the strategies that my opponents uses matters, some are easy to exploit to create turnovers... but he can shot 30 times with players with high accuracy and my goalie will deny most if not all of them. Except... the exploits goals. But other than that my 73 ovr big goalie will stop about anything (in most games, not all)

But I will admit that some games, I played against a 90-95 ovr team that has an AI that I would consider Pro at best. I played games against decent players with rookie like AI, and my AI was all-star in positioning in the offensive zone and defending.

Like if the game detected the difference in OVR stat and compensated by lowering his AI difficulty and raising mine.

I crushed some 90+ teams with one timers close to the goal. My players were just positioning themselves perfectly, his AI not reacting and leaving my player open.

So yes the other player's skill matters, but in some games, I get an insane tilt:
    My weak shots will get in repeatedly, one timers are often open and it gets in... while...
    High over team will miss the net, get 5 posts, my goalie will make insane desperate saves

So sliders... AI difficulty... random bad luck... or all of the above... still very frustrating sometimes.

But hey if bad players were always loosing they would stop playing / spend money on this game.
  • monz
    753 posts Member
    edited April 11
    monz wrote: »

I'm aware they do this, and I'm not saying a great player couldn't beat me with a low overall team...

This issue is this , that low end team shouldn't be out skating me, when my wingers beat their defense on a breakaway they shouldn't catch me every time,

My top players shouldn't be shanking shots, and missing open nets, while wrist shots from the blue line are going in my net.

If you're telling me that elite players can make their lower overall teams skate faster, by means of skill... I think you need help.

No boogeymen

Yes better players understand how to out strategize/outplay you. Being able to skate faster, shoot harder etc

No boogeymen

Yes better players understand how to out strategize/outplay you. Being able to skate faster, shoot harder etc

OK so what you're saying is the more skilled a person is they can actually make gold base cards out skate 90 legends cards that's what you're saying and they can make those same gold base cards actually shoot harder just by having better strategies and "out playing "the other person?

So you only use base gold cards is that what you're telling me?
  • monz
    753 posts Member
    edited April 12
    Yes that's exactly what im telling you. Hockey just like IRL is a game of understanding and skill. No, i have and use an elite team. Lowest ranked players on my team are 94 ovr. I have NEVER been outskated by a inferior team. Ive played a couple of guys who were elite players, who could compete with base gold teams. If i get beat, it's because the other guy was better. Simple as that!

Not debating connection issues they do happen and it destroys gameplay.
  • monz
    753 posts Member

No boogeymen

OK so what you're saying is the more skilled a person is they can actually make gold base cards out skate 90 legends cards that's what you're saying and they can make those same gold base cards actually shoot harder just by having better strategies and "out playing "the other person?

So you only use base gold cards is that what you're telling me?

If your convinced otherwise, use a base gold team and have fun outskating others. Making them miss open nets and hit posts. My guess is you'll see pretty quickly just how wrong you are. If not, enjoy.
  • I would also like to know the secret on how to make a base Hedman skate faster than a 99 card
  • Oupik
    51 posts Member
    He is saying that the base cards handicaping oponent, what is real reason, why this game will be have always problems in rising up team, when actualy skilled players have better benefits from game when using base card
  • monz
    753 posts Member
    Oupik wrote: »
    He is saying that the base cards handicaping oponent, what is real reason, why this game will be have always problems in rising up team, when actualy skilled players have better benefits from game when using base card

I think he's saying the opposite, in fact.
  • v_rokin
    1 posts New member
    How come a squad with literally 80% silvers 80 (!) that’s right 80! McDavid and a couple gold players plays me better than a squad with all 97+ players why????? Why ea??? I get you want the “new” players from ea access to have an “enjoyable” experience in hopes they buy next years title but why must I suffer? I had the game all year. I ranked my team up. I spent time on the game. And now I’m extremely frustrated with this game. Is constantly happening and don’t tell me to git gud cuz that has nothing to do with it
  • monz
    753 posts Member
    Lol then use a team of 80% slivers and have fun wreck'n people. Having high ovr's doesn't make the PBC any better.
  • v_rokin wrote: »
    How come a squad with literally 80% silvers 80 (!) that’s right 80! McDavid and a couple gold players plays me better than a squad with all 97+ players why????? Why ea??? I get you want the “new” players from ea access to have an “enjoyable” experience in hopes they buy next years title but why must I suffer? I had the game all year. I ranked my team up. I spent time on the game. And now I’m extremely frustrated with this game. Is constantly happening and don’t tell me to git gud cuz that has nothing to do with it

A lot of people here and also on Reddit have been asking the same question and some streamers as well have been noticing the same thing
  • Socair
    1606 posts Game Changer
    Just merged three threads on the same topic together.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator