EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

Does stats matter? or not? I changed my mind today...

124Next

Replies

• The best players know that you have to upgrade to 90+ in order to have constant success in this game. If you are still playing with 82's and 85 ovr player then don't expect to win a lot. You either have to spend money on packs or grind out challenges to get player upgrades. Cards on the AH are just too expensive to build a team now.
  • I played a few more games recently against lower OVR teams and I know now pretty quickly when the tilt is going against me...

- Get bumped easily and I lose the puck, even when I protect the puck backhand.
    - But I can't bump the other players, they have an aura around them.
    - I get destroyed on any check attempt, what I usually deke or evade/glide is now impossible to use to avoid checks.
    - But if I destroy the puck carrier when he tries to get in my zone, he's up in 0.5 sec and full speed chasing me in the next 0.5 sec. When my players take 2-3 sec to get up.
    - Can't cut in the middle against his base cards defender because I will lose the puck. he won't take any penalty.
    - But if I use my stick, I will get 4-5 penalties minimum. Also get penalties on regular checks on the bards.
    - Unless timed absolutely perfectly I won't check/bump or steal the puck.
    - All my shots are weak and sometimes even fail
    - But his shots will get in from the blue line like if I did not have any goaltender.
    - My passes forward will often go wide for no reason, my cross crease passes will bail or go wide, or hit the net weakly...
    - -But his passes, especially in the crease will go trough everything and connect perfectly.
    - I won't get any loose puck, like if I had a disadvantage in puck control and pose (I'm stacked up)
    - Lose almost all face offs even if I apply the correct counter (my centers are 91-95 skill)
    - Hit posts on open nets, go wide or terribly weak shots, no rebounds.
    - My players speed (all 99 speed) won't be enough to break out or catch up his base card players, even with full energy.

So how do I play then? Use all opportunities to score glitch goals, all other options are off the table, and I defend in a crazy way, taking penalties cause I can't let him shot from anywhere... and that lag is not helping.
  • monz
    747 posts Member
    martmet wrote: »
    I played a few more games recently against lower OVR teams and I know now pretty quickly when the tilt is going against me...

- I get destroyed on any check attempt, what I usually deke or evade/glide is now impossible to use to avoid checks.
    - But if I destroy the puck carrier when he tries to get in my zone, he's up in 0.5 sec and full speed chasing me in the next 0.5 sec. When my players take 2-3 sec to get up.
    - Can't cut in the middle against his base cards defender because I will lose the puck. he won't take any penalty.
    - But if I use my stick, I will get 4-5 penalties minimum. Also get penalties on regular checks on the bards.
    - But his shots will get in from the blue line like if I did not have any goaltender.
    - My passes forward will often go wide for no reason, my cross crease passes will bail or go wide, or hit the net weakly...
    - -But his passes, especially in the crease will go trough everything and connect perfectly.
    - I won't get any loose puck, like if I had a disadvantage in puck control and pose (I'm stacked up)
    - Lose almost all face offs even if I apply the correct counter (my centers are 91-95 skill)
    - My players speed (all 99 speed) won't be enough to break out or catch up his base card players, even with full energy.

So how do I play then? Use all opportunities to score glitch goals, all other options are off the table, and I defend in a crazy way, taking penalties cause I can't let him shot from anywhere... and that lag is not helping.

Lol, all those things are ONLY related to ice tilt Right...
  • monz wrote: »
    martmet wrote: »
    I played a few more games recently against lower OVR teams and I know now pretty quickly when the tilt is going against me...

Lol, all those things are ONLY related to ice tilt Right...
    Yeah right.

Actually, the answer is in his last sentence "... and that lag is not helping."

It's all about which player has a better connection to EA will have an advantage.
  • When an 83 Hextall can play better then some 95 plus goalies, I'd say rating doesn't matter.
  • Connection matters more than ratings.
  • skydive61
    9 posts New member
    Myself if I roll out a team of base golds with a silver or two in there I have no chance. With my 96 overall team I win about 40-45% of the time (scrub, I know, save the comments) anyway I tried a 10 game stretch with base gold and 3 silver players getting matched up with D4,5,6 players. I was blown out bad every time. this would not have happened with my usual 96 overall team
  • They should base matchups on records not points. No way someone who’s record is say 505-75-5 should be matched up with a guy who’s record is 100-400-30. There has to be some sort of filter to keep matchups more evenly balanced.
  • I played 1000~~ wins on my account, I'm in div1 and win about 7-9 out of 10 games now.My team is now mostly 99 players. But the better my team have gotten, the harder it is to play. Everything is so unsmooth, turning,passing everything is slow motion wich makes it close to impossible to set up any good play. I've lost so many games to players I would win easy over. How do I know I would?

I have played on my gfs account about 100 games,only base players and rerolls and about 90ovr. I'm in div2 with like 52-3-1, the gameplay is so smooth and I have never one time experienced this slowmotion play as I do on my account.

This makes this game so boring, you play alot to make a good team and actually become a quite decent player but are forced to loose to much worse players? I mean okey if this happend some times and you could blame delay for it, but it happens half the games on my high rated team and NEVER once on the low one. I play with a very good fiber connection and have 3-4MS every game, still it feels like 200-500ms on my high rated team.

I've seen streamers play with high rated teams and I don't know but I can't see if they have the same problem, but it feels like not.

So the question is, what exactly is causing this?

1. Simple ice tilt? you just get handicapped for having a better team some of the games.
    2. You created a too good team without spending any real cash (EA don't like it) aka "spend to unlock the smooth gameplay with a high rated team"
    3. Is there any account online settings that I missed that could be causing this?

I love the concept of this game, but this slowmotion handicap is what makes this so boring, and I have no idea why they have it in.
  • You are correct, this issue has been discussed for years.
    I place OVA 80 players on my 4th forward line, 3rd defensive line and an OVA 55 backup goalie and find the gameplay very good.
    Understood, that does not make it right!
  • HS182
    23 posts Member
    I am feeling just the same. Playing with my better OVR-Teams (even with acivated 6 - 7 syns), it seems to be harder to win, even playing against sgold-Teams I usually face problems to keep up with their pace and pressing. Since I don´t pay Money for the team and build it up by grinding and challenges my thoughts are the same - EA doesn´t like that.

• What do you think about those "Compensation Games"?

Hut is compensating weak teams with alot of strange behaviours.
    When playing Hut against an opponent with an avarage team of about 86 averall the game slows down and my players are suddenly very slow and weak.
    First i check my internet connection, but when scoring i see the opponents card, avg 86 players and every time it´s the same feeling when playing againt a weak team in Hut. I am scating in syrup...
    The other team gets a shoe size about 100 and it´s almost impossible to pass the puck past the opponent and the IA is super quick grabbing the puck.

Feels kinda bad buying all those packs and then 86 cards backskates faster than my 99 forwards :neutral:
  • EA_Roger
    1192 posts Community Manager
    I've removed a few posts here as it was starting to get personal, regardless of which side of the argument you are on here don't start calling out people for their perspective or I'll shut down this discussion.