EA Forums - Banner

Central server

Is it alive?!! First time tonight....I noticed a different ping....halfway between west and east

Replies

• bruh, what time zone you in?!?!?

you mean "last night"?

B)
  • Is it alive?!! First time tonight....I noticed a different ping....halfway between west and east

A better or worse ping?
  • For what it's worth things were odd last night connection wise.

For context I was playing EASHL club games and everyone on my club connects to the East server.

With the new server setup/patch I get a consistent ping of about 38 ms according to EA ( I was getting about 20 ms reproted under the old setup so the numbers are actually a bit better with the new setup, but essentially it's the same ). I rarely get spikes and if I do it's almost always a problem at my end.

Last night EA was reporting a ping of 25 ms which is really low for me, but I was getting two or three huge spikes ( 500 ms ) per game. Also I had multiple opponents drop out of games over the course of the night. I hardly ever see that in club games.

Could be something on my end but last night was definitely an oddity.
  • RSall14
    597 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Same thing is happening to me. I get 20ms on West one game and 30ms the next. East is either 70ms or 80ms. My original pings were 30ms West and 80ms East, not sure why I would be getting less all of a sudden. I know it's not my ISP as people from the US are having the same thing occur.
  • Is it alive?!! First time tonight....I noticed a different ping....halfway between west and east

A better or worse ping?

Right in between my usual ...west is 20....east is 40 ....I was getting 30.
  • Again tonight....getting that in between ping.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    Its been alive for a while hasnt it?
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Its been alive for a while hasnt it?
    Ya they said it launched awhile back...but I haven’t got any different ping numbers until the last few nights.