EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

Admission

Can you charge your players admission? What makes the AI stand still like a statue staring at a puck 2” from them and wait for the opponents AI to skate halfway across the ice to get the puck?

Replies

• prack7
    56 posts Member
    It happens and you just need to roll on
  • prack7
    56 posts Member
    It’s the same ol puck luck, ice tilt, convo....ugh
  • No it’s not tilt that doesn’t exist. My guys just stand around. It’s just frustrating when your AI doesn’t react. What separates me from D1 is I don’t know how to protect the puck, lift it out of the zone and change defenders to the back line before the pucks there.

It’s all the person with the controller and I asked a question and spoke nothing of tilt but thanks for bringing it up.
  • Protect the puck by using the right stick to move it away from the defender - forehand if they are attacking you on your backhand and vice versa...

To dump the puck it's RB (Xbox) or R1 (PS4) and direct it with your right stick. Make sure you aim it to the middle of the ice or away from you if you're on the boards or you may lift it up over the glass and cause a 2 min penalty...

To select defenders at the back pull down on the right stick while you press the right trigger / R2. That will select your last man at the back.

If your AI really doesn't respond then perhaps you don't have it on a high enough aggressive setting - just a thought...
  • Jetset95 wrote: »

If your AI really doesn't respond then perhaps you don't have it on a high enough aggressive setting - just a thought...

I was playing a game, at one point they I lost the puck in the offensive zone so all my guys start skating out of the zone, I got the puck back between the red line and his blue line just as my last guy was about to exit their zone. He just stopped as soon as I had the puck, just stood there facing the puck waiting for an offside pass, I circled back and he just stood there waiting till I went offside.
    How are the settings going to help that?
  • Thanks JetSet