EA Forums - Banner

How to move goalie behind the net?

KoczoPL
4 posts New member
Hi, i'm new player. How to move goalie behind the net for the Puck when CPU defence clear the Puck during my power Play ?

Replies

• KoczoPL
    4 posts New member
    Ps. Im playing on PS4.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    You can switch into your goalie by holding L1 and then pressing X. Once you have control of your goalie, you can either navigate manually outside the crease by holding X (free skate) and using the left stick or you can just hold X with no left stick input and the goalie will take an auto path to the middle position behind the net.
  • KoczoPL
    4 posts New member
    Thank you !
  • Did this work for you guys? I couldn't get my goalie to move!
  • carbor12
    2 posts New member
    Are you talking about EASHL or for the regular mode. If you are in EASHL as a goalie, you just hold the X button to allow your goalie to skate out of the crease.

However, if you are playing this mode, (as a top goalie in competitive online) my best recommendation is to just stay in the net. He is slow getting back around, and goalies with pucks are very clunky. For every 1 good play you can make, about 50 bad ones will happen.

When a team does a dump in behind the net, and the real NHL goalies can go behind the net and stop the puck, and move it for your team... Yeah... cant do that in the game.
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    638 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Hold L1 and X at the same time, that you makes you take control of your goalie. Then hold X and use L3 to move him like a regular skater.
  • > @EpiCxOwNeD said:
    > Hold L1 and X at the same time, that you makes you take control of your goalie. Then hold X and use L3 to move him like a regular skater.

In online versus ... I can lock on him with L1 and X , but sometimes when I’m holding X he still won’t skate . Sometimes he does sometimes he doesnt .
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    638 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Leeboy20 wrote: »
    > @EpiCxOwNeD said:
    > Hold L1 and X at the same time, that you makes you take control of your goalie. Then hold X and use L3 to move him like a regular skater.

In online versus ... I can lock on him with L1 and X , but sometimes when I’m holding X he still won’t skate . Sometimes he does sometimes he doesnt .

Once you become the goalie, let go of the L1 and X for a second then hold X and use L3 to move the goalie. Maybe that will work.