EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Serious Talk

Replies

• RSall14
    541 posts Member
    79ovr for the player classes in EASHL.
  • RSall14 wrote: »

Seriously? I mean I don’t mind the overall but I just wish I could tailor my player to my liking a little more.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    RSall14 wrote: »

Seriously? I mean I don’t mind the overall but I just wish I could tailor my player to my liking a little more.

Yup no idea why it’s so damn low. When playing EASHL, especially in division 1, I want to be able to skate at high speeds, have the accuracy and puck control to be able to pull off nice plays. And even if I choose the sniper class I should still be able to lay out someone with their head down off balance.

• I played pro 20 years ago and love video games still. This is not real hockey simulation i can assure you. The problem is casual fans watch tsn highlights and they think ovechkin and crosby can do that every rush. . Then they watch a full game and realize itheir not as exciting so they figure their having a bad game......and that is the difference between casual fans and those who know and played the game.

Too bad the company caters to casual fans more. They are not too far off if they wanted a real good game but they have to be willing.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    RSall14 wrote: »

Yup no idea why it’s so damn low. When playing EASHL, especially in division 1, I want to be able to skate at high speeds, have the accuracy and puck control to be able to pull off nice plays. And even if I choose the sniper class I should still be able to lay out someone with their head down off balance.

You can do all that with sniper. Hitting is a bit situational, but you absolutely can lay people out with sniper. Just can't lay out the largest players using max size.

And accuracy and puck control to pull off nice plays, and at high speed can literally be done with any build. You just need to utilize gliding and have precise controller inputs. Amd take into account speed and direction on the targeted player for a pass is, and maybe compensate and aim where they're going to be and not where they are.

But if you want a do everything at any moment player, you might be better suited to playing hut with a team of 99 ovr.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    MikeyAU630 wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why in the halibut (Shark Tales reference) does EA use the same online settings for HUT and EASHL mode?? One is meant for high octane, arcade, competitive and "exciting" hockey and the other is meant for competitive, realistic, League type play. Why are both modes still using the Preset 3 (Competitive) settings?? It might make sense for Drop-ins where it's a disaster area where the worst elements who play this game gather. But for clubs?? Why are we NOT using Preset 4 (Simulation)?

This! The best thing EA could possibly introduce for NHL 20 would one set of tuners for HUT and VS and a separate set for EASHL. In HUT and VS, one human player is controlling one player at a time with the AI controlling the other 5, and is switching which player he/she controls. In EASHL, you have multiple human players controling one specific player each, possibly with AI filling in the rest of the positions. The two play very differently, and the needs of the players in terms of tuning are very different.

I completely agree. EASHL is its own beast and should have different sliders to be more realistic.

However, the general consensus is the "elite" players are complaining in club that even human goalies are too hard to beat. Defense is too hard to pierce. So in other words, they need to work to score goals and it seems they aren't fans of that.

Go figure.

So, you are telling me that it is fair for defense to stand in one place, get beat and bump the forward from behind. The best part is when a goalie is deep in his net and makes a glove save across the net. Sorry but nhl 19 favors players who want to trap, collapse and grind out wins. I believe that right now this game focuses on casual players more than any other year before this.

Do you think it's fair that the forwards can skate in backwards twitching left-right without loosing the puck, can't poke check them, can't hit them, can't stick lift them? Do you think it's fair when forwards just slam into the goalie and score a goal (no review)? Do you think it's fair that the forwards can go to the backhand but still get a forehand shot animation? Do you think it's fair that forward don't even need to be standing in front of the net, they can be skating full steam ahead, and still deflect the puck on net, without even facing the shot? Do you think it's fair that forwards can literally skate by the net, away from the net, and shoot a backhand that skirts the goal line and goes in while the goalie doesn't seem to be able to save it? Do you think it's fair that during a face off, the forwards can rush the d-man who receives the initial draw while he's frozen in receiving animation?

The forwrards have so much more advantages over the defense and the goalies it's not even funny. And those I just described are off the top of my head, it's not even a complete list. If forwards are too stupid to know not to skate into the d-man's skates, they shouldn't cry about losing the puck. They should learn to create space or learn to pass the puck better. I love it when people complain about the trap, but they're the ones constantly running into the other team's skates because they just wanna skate the puck through 5 players and score.

Keep the puck away from the other players. Simple as that.

Sticky this post please.
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    barrett098 wrote: »
    MikeyAU630 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why in the halibut (Shark Tales reference) does EA use the same online settings for HUT and EASHL mode?? One is meant for high octane, arcade, competitive and "exciting" hockey and the other is meant for competitive, realistic, League type play. Why are both modes still using the Preset 3 (Competitive) settings?? It might make sense for Drop-ins where it's a disaster area where the worst elements who play this game gather. But for clubs?? Why are we NOT using Preset 4 (Simulation)?

This! The best thing EA could possibly introduce for NHL 20 would one set of tuners for HUT and VS and a separate set for EASHL. In HUT and VS, one human player is controlling one player at a time with the AI controlling the other 5, and is switching which player he/she controls. In EASHL, you have multiple human players controling one specific player each, possibly with AI filling in the rest of the positions. The two play very differently, and the needs of the players in terms of tuning are very different.

I completely agree. EASHL is its own beast and should have different sliders to be more realistic.

However, the general consensus is the "elite" players are complaining in club that even human goalies are too hard to beat. Defense is too hard to pierce. So in other words, they need to work to score goals and it seems they aren't fans of that.

Go figure.

So, you are telling me that it is fair for defense to stand in one place, get beat and bump the forward from behind. The best part is when a goalie is deep in his net and makes a glove save across the net. Sorry but nhl 19 favors players who want to trap, collapse and grind out wins. I believe that right now this game focuses on casual players more than any other year before this.

Do you think it's fair that the forwards can skate in backwards twitching left-right without loosing the puck, can't poke check them, can't hit them, can't stick lift them? Do you think it's fair when forwards just slam into the goalie and score a goal (no review)? Do you think it's fair that the forwards can go to the backhand but still get a forehand shot animation? Do you think it's fair that forward don't even need to be standing in front of the net, they can be skating full steam ahead, and still deflect the puck on net, without even facing the shot? Do you think it's fair that forwards can literally skate by the net, away from the net, and shoot a backhand that skirts the goal line and goes in while the goalie doesn't seem to be able to save it? Do you think it's fair that during a face off, the forwards can rush the d-man who receives the initial draw while he's frozen in receiving animation?

The forwrards have so much more advantages over the defense and the goalies it's not even funny. And those I just described are off the top of my head, it's not even a complete list. If forwards are too stupid to know not to skate into the d-man's skates, they shouldn't cry about losing the puck. They should learn to create space or learn to pass the puck better. I love it when people complain about the trap, but they're the ones constantly running into the other team's skates because they just wanna skate the puck through 5 players and score.

Keep the puck away from the other players. Simple as that.

Sticky this post please.

Agree 100%, this game continues to cater to offense, sadly I doubt it will ever change.
  • fastguy2124
    68 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    If anyone from ea is listening. If NHL 20 doesn’t have ai improvements, or faceoff improvements, or matchmaking or gameplay improvements. Or if you don’t have gm connected, I am not going to be buying it. Im done with you guys and I’m done giving you guys my money when you prove year after year after year after year you don’t care about the game, all you guys ever work on is hut, why? Probably because that’s the only mode that makes you money after release. And this year hut is just a joke. $30 for a jumbo choice pack with 3 guaranteed nhl players.... WHAT??? Usually the packs are semi tempting to buy but this year I don’t know what you were thinking.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    If anyone from ea is listening. If NHL 20 doesn’t have ai improvements, or faceoff improvements, or matchmaking or gameplay improvements. Or if you don’t have gm connected, I am not going to be buying it. Im done with you guys and I’m done giving you guys my money when you prove year after year after year after year you don’t care about the game, all you guys ever work on is hut, why? Probably because that’s the only mode that makes you money after release. And this year hut is just a joke. $30 for a jumbo choice pack with 3 guaranteed nhl players.... WHAT??? Usually the packs are semi tempting to buy but this year I don’t know what you were thinking.

Did you even play 19? The rest of the game was worked on more than HUT.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

I play NHL 19 everyday (unfortunately) and yea, they added a couple features elsewhere, and revamped the progression in world of chell. Cool, but after release the only thing they work on is hut. And they mess around with the gameplay sliders every now and then but the game barely feels different afterwards.

I play NHL 19 everyday (unfortunately) and yea, they added a couple features elsewhere, and revamped the progression in world of chell. Cool, but after release the only thing they work on is hut. And they mess around with the gameplay sliders every now and then but the game barely feels different afterwards.

I'm curious, outside of sliders, or fixes to mechanics not working as intended, what do you expect to feel different, throughout the year?

Major changes to modes, generally happen with the new release, and not through the year.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »

Skating dramatically changed. If it feels like the same game, it doesn't seem like you play every day, but I guess we can agree to disagree. I'm not saying it's a completely new game. I never expect it to be. It's hockey. There's only so much you can do. New features are great. I look forward to them every year, but so long as the gameplay keeps improving, I don't have a lot of complaints. Everyone's got their own list of what's important to them in the game. Obviously there's a lot of diversity in this community. I think they actually pay attention that pretty well though. It's not all about focusing on one mode that brings in more money than others.

I'm curious, outside of sliders, or fixes to mechanics not working as intended, what do you expect to feel different, throughout the year?

Major changes to modes, generally happen with the new release, and not through the year.

It’s not so much I want huge drastic changes, I want them to bring back the stuff they’ve removed, and start fixing annoying little glitches like the ai skating into the back of the net or into the boards and losing the puck. Yes gameplay and skating improved over 18 but as far as I’m concerned, the ais hockey sense went way down.
  • Moxrox84
    247 posts Member
    I concur, bring back the stuff that actually resembled the NHL...something one would expect to find in a game that literally says "NHL". You took away drop in, and no one knows why. You replaced it with some outdoor rink and forced us to use the clown gear. We asked for the stadium series, and you took that to mean we only wanted to play in a forest somewhere. We asked for more immersion in the NHL via CHEL, and you gave us ones, which no one asked for.

I don't think anyone cares about the gear, to be frank. I've played a lot of drop in games and never has anyone ever worn anything that either myself, or anyone else, cares about.

Your players are not silent...they're quite vocal about what they want, but for some reason, you folks aren't listening at all. Until that starts to happen, I fear all we get are roster updates and more watering down of the online crowd.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    I concur, bring back the stuff that actually resembled the NHL...something one would expect to find in a game that literally says "NHL". You took away drop in, and no one knows why. You replaced it with some outdoor rink and forced us to use the clown gear. We asked for the stadium series, and you took that to mean we only wanted to play in a forest somewhere. We asked for more immersion in the NHL via CHEL, and you gave us ones, which no one asked for.

I don't think anyone cares about the gear, to be frank. I've played a lot of drop in games and never has anyone ever worn anything that either myself, or anyone else, cares about.

Your players are not silent...they're quite vocal about what they want, but for some reason, you folks aren't listening at all. Until that starts to happen, I fear all we get are roster updates and more watering down of the online crowd.

You're not forced to use clown gear. Since when is a hoodie and jeans clown gear? It's not like you have puffy pants, big red shoes, a red, curly wig, white face paint, a big red nose and a horn for a stick. Big deal. Nobody looks like a clown. It's an outdoor pond. Join a club and play indoors if it's that important to you. Indoor, outdoor, hoodie, jersey, I don't care. It's hockey and that's what's important.

EA has listened. Yeah, you don't get GM Connected. We got the new skating so many asked for. Attributes came back in some fashion to EASHL. They brought back the beta tuner after a big outcry from the community. Those are just a few things. There never was a Stadium Series anyway. There was the Winter Classic which you played once and never again. I don't blame them for not investing the huge amount of work as well as all the licensing it takes to make that happen. It's better used in other areas that people actually enjoy more than once.
  • KidShowtime1867
    950 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    We got the new skating so many asked for. Attributes came back in some fashion to EASHL. They brought back the beta tuner after a bug outcry from the community.

It's sad how quickly everyone forgot what EA actually did for the community this year.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    We got the new skating so many asked for. Attributes came back in some fashion to EASHL. They brought back the beta tuner after a bug outcry from the community.

It's sad how quickly everyone forgot what EA actually did for the community this year.

Yep. This community also only sees the very small percentage of the player base that comes here as opposed to the vast majority that isn't so vocal. The hardcore players make up a small portion of the people that play this game. Just because a lot of people here don't play modes like Ones and Threes, doesn't mean they aren't popular. I don't play Franchise Mode. None of my friends play it. Obviously it's a popular mode though. I'm not going to assume it shouldn't get any attention because me and my small bubble of friends don't touch it. This game has come a long way from NHL 15. It's not perfect. It never will be. People heavily complain every year. That's never going to change. Regardless, EA keeps listening and they keep making changes based on that plus their own vision of where they want the game to go. Maybe if people are more constructive they'll build a better relationship with the devs and they'll participate here more often. Maybe then more of what the community wants will also end up in the game. I can't imagine it's very inspiring for them to see all the toxicity here every day.

Yep. This community also only sees the very small percentage of the player base that comes here as opposed to the vast majority that isn't so vocal. The hardcore players make up a small portion of the people that play this game. Just because a lot of people here don't play modes like Ones and Threes, doesn't mean they aren't popular. I don't play Franchise Mode. None of my friends play it. Obviously it's a popular mode though. I'm not going to assume it shouldn't get any attention because me and my small bubble of friends don't touch it. This game has come a long way from NHL 15. It's not perfect. It never will be. People heavily complain every year. That's never going to change. Regardless, EA keeps listening and they keep making changes based on that plus their own vision of where they want the game to go. Maybe if people are more constructive they'll build a better relationship with the devs and they'll participate here more often. Maybe then more of what the community wants will also end up in the game. I can't imagine it's very inspiring for them to see all the toxicity here every day.

Well said.

It would be nice if the developers could participate in discussions without the trolls dismissing everything they say as 'corporate babel'.

There's a lot of awesome users here who are passionate about the game. Just like me, they can sometimes get too caught up in the debates and things go sour.

Maybe we can change things for NHL20? Maybe we can get some positivity and constructive discussions going around here and spend less time arguing.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member

Well said.

It would be nice if the developers could participate in discussions without the trolls dismissing everything they say as 'corporate babel'.

There's a lot of awesome users here who are passionate about the game. Just like me, they can sometimes get too caught up in the debates and things go sour.

Maybe we can change things for NHL20? Maybe we can get some positivity and constructive discussions going around here and spend less time arguing.

It would certainly be nice, but people have a hard time reeling in their passion. They don't look past the EA label and just assume it's a bunch of mindless robots doing what the suits say when it's obvious there's some pretty passionate hockey fans making this game. If EA really was forcing them to make it all about milking every penny they can from the players, we'd see a very different game. It seems the dev team has a pretty good amount of freedom to do what they want as HUT is the only thing that's been monetized for years. The reality is there's a pretty short cycle to crank out new features, updates, bug fixes and balancing each year. They have to pick their priorities wisely. You have to try to bring in new players while satisfying the core audience. I can't imagine that's an easy task.
  • MooseHunter10
    402 posts Member
    edited July 2019

New skating, which led to the corner curling and weird L2 skating. Step in the right direction, and beta tuner used it really well.
    Attributes, preferred previous year's locked classes, and more importantly, equal speed. There wasn't A SINGLE update to the class attributes in EASHL throughout the year; as if they got it perfect first attempt. D classes got extra fighting skill to boost their overalls up to par with forwards, wow.
    Beta turner's return was a great window of team hockey. HUT Streamers complained, EA needed the marketing stream for packs, and they reverted half way back. Half way was still bad.

Im sure the beta will play great, but they lost the trust that the purchased game would at all reflect the beta. Online Team Practice was the big "new" feature I was looking for. An Announcement on Drop In Lobbies, or Tiered Drop Ins, would be welcome.
    EASHL player