EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Stanley Cup Playoffs Cards Upgrade

All players are 91, players items gain +2 OVR for every win in their first round series, non sense that a player gonna be 99 after 1 round, and on the Easports nhl 19 news they explain it like this, Each player item will be released at 91 OVR and will receive a +2 OVR boost if that players' team moves on to the next round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, this ratings increase will occur at the conclusion of each round. More sense to get to 93 and so on, can get 99 if they win the Cup, was wondering which info is right. Thankx

Replies

• Interesting... that's different than what it says in-game. Your link says +2 boost each round the team wins. In-game it says +2 boost for each game they win in the first round.
  • Yea, really need some clarification on this one. If its +2 per win half of the playoff predictor players will be 99 after first round. If its +2 per round only the cup winners will be 99. It's a huge difference.
  • monz
    753 posts Member
    Typical EA, things like this are done solely to increase pack sales.
  • tunsbe
    13 posts Member
    I understand that they only get these boosts in the first round, so +2ovr for every win in the first round and double synergies after first round series win.
    Would there be something else after first round? Like new players etc, even those sets are on up for 2weeks.
  • Make no sense to have 16 players at 99 OVR after the 1st round and double synergy, TOTY won't worth anything after this, make more sense to get a +2 OVR after each round to get a 99 OVR for the 2 players that win the CUP, anyway we'll see, let's hope EA gonna explain it, especially that the Stanley Cup card sell for way too much, cause people hope to get a 99 card in 2 weeks.
  • prack7
    56 posts Member
    edited April 8
    It makes perfect sense to be a 99 after one round, then they can come out with all new/different SC cards for the next round racking up more sales. I know I wouldn’t mind having a free 99 if Carolina beats Washington lol
    Post edited by prack7 on
  • They change it on the website, Each player item will be released at 91 OVR and will receive a +2 OVR boost after each Stanley Cup Playoffs win in the first round, so I guess we gonna get 16 players at 99 after 1st round. Case Closed, haha !
  • I couldn't help but notice the NHL support person responded to another thread but decided not to respond to this one, and then the website gets updated with no mention of a correction...
  • 13ulow
    51 posts Member
    What is weird here is that it says "All players start at 91 overall", but there are also these SC cards with 80 overall..?!

Will those 80 cards not update then? Or will they be adjusted to 91 as a start..?
  • 13ulow wrote: »
    What is weird here is that it says "All players start at 91 overall", but there are also these SC cards with 80 overall..?!

Will those 80 cards not update then? Or will they be adjusted to 91 as a start..?

As I understand it, because they are free they start at 80 ovr but still get the +2 each win. So if their team wins one round they will be an 88, two rounds a 96
  • It says all players start at 91 though. Doesn't make sense. i.e. the usual.
  • I just look at it as a free card that could get into the high 90’s, I got Copp from the Jets, and it’s the only SC card I have, I’m hoping the jets make a long run now.
  • Memugypsy
    1 posts New member
    Just wonder if anyone's stl players have updated in 3rd round.. Mine arent
  • NHL_Live_Support
    179 posts NHL Developer
    Hey @Memugypsy,

Yesterday was a stat holiday in Canada, so there were no upgrades until today at 2pm PT. They should be updated now.
  • dante7360
    1 posts New member
    I have a Tyler Bozak Stanley Cup card and he's stuck at 95. Why did he stop updating?
  • NHL_Live_Support
    179 posts NHL Developer
    Hey @dante7360,

Bozak's Stanley Cup item was from round 3. He was upgraded with each Blues' win in the 3rd round and the round has now ended, therefore no more upgrades.