EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Roster sharing nhl 20

What are the chances of us getting roster sharing option for nhl 20? Figured since ea lied about the legends in 2019, maybe they would try and at least give us that like mlb the show, nba 2k, etc....

Replies

• tuukka4033 wrote: »
    What are the chances of us getting roster sharing option for nhl 20? Figured since ea lied about the legends in 2019, maybe they would try and at least give us that like mlb the show, nba 2k, etc....

Would be great, but don’t believe they will do. A Roster import from 19 to 20 should be minimum because it’s every year a lot of work to create all missing players new.
  • Mlb the show has over 1500 players created by people, imagine of there was a hockey game with that option? Think i am all done with buying anything else from ea sports going forward
  • Who's going to spend time making custom rosters with that menu screen? MLB The Show has terrific menu speeds, NHL unfortunately doesn't. I know I wouldn't make a custom roster for NHL. Plus not only that, EA makes it pretty challenging to carry a custom roster into their core modes so there goes any desire to try custom rosters.

And let me just say for the record, I love this series, but there are things about the game that bother me and this is one of them. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the game (I don't play online so the nonsense that that brings doesn't impact my enjoyment of the game like it does many others).
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • Who's going to spend time making custom rosters with that menu screen? MLB The Show has terrific menu speeds, NHL unfortunately doesn't. I know I wouldn't make a custom roster for NHL. Plus not only that, EA makes it pretty challenging to carry a custom roster into their core modes so there goes any desire to try custom rosters.

And let me just say for the record, I love this series, but there are things about the game that bother me and this is one of them. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the game (I don't play online so the nonsense that that brings doesn't impact my enjoyment of the game like it does many others).

Is it possible to add pics or likenesses from a photo to MLB the show ? This would be very important for offline modes like in NHL ( in online it’s clear that it us not possible )

• This is the #1 change I'd like to see. Honestly the only justification I can think of for them not implementing roster sharing yet is with how little changes they make from year to year they must figure the updated rosters are what keep people buying. Even if they are the least accurate rosters in all of sports gaming.
  • If they are going to advertise “200 legends” and not let us use them they way we want to, why not let players create their own players/legends and let players create their own rosters?
    After their lies this year, and not once addressing it, i am not planning on buying nhl anytime soon that’s for sure. Have bought it just about every year since original sega days and it’s a shame what they have become
  • Froommey
    617 posts Member
    edited April 23
    tuukka4033 wrote: »
    If they are going to advertise “200 legends” and not let us use them they way we want to, why not let players create their own players/legends and let players create their own rosters?
    After their lies this year, and not once addressing it, i am not planning on buying nhl anytime soon that’s for sure. Have bought it just about every year since original sega days and it’s a shame what they have become

To share Rosters is not enough ! There need to be a Roster and Team upload function from 19 to 20 ! Next, also to import player pics and scanned likenesses ( from a pic ) for all missing players from PC to your account and Roster. This is a must function too ! Their generic faces are a complete joke. They are useless for player creating. What helps me to create names when they don’t look similar or look like that players ?
  • Feelshame6969
    1 posts New member
    edited August 14
    I know EA isn't going to add it once again. That's why I've gotten an early start on this years, with a focus on college hockey players drafted. I've got an excel file with names, rights, height, weight, prospect grade, etc.. Feel free to DM me for the details. I know this year at least it'll go by a little faster without having to look up player by player on my phone and can have all the info needed to do it faster

[Socair - edited to remove personal info. Please don’t share emails publicly]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • How can you send us your excel file I use to check for the petr puck one but they are none existant anymore and I don’t have time so I’m really interested in what you have feelshame6969
  • I am also interested Feelshame6969
  • Aside from roster sharing, I think EA Sports should develop and maintain a Roster/Player database or server with all players available to download to whatever title or platform you play. I put more detail at my post here: https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/250304/rosters-nhl-franchise-game#latest