EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

“Not a P3 50? Looks like I’m leaving!”

Prev13456
Waiting for a 3s game. Players join the locker room for a full 3s match. One guy is not rank 3 prestige, so everyone else who IS, quits.

Idiots.

Replies

• TheMajjam
    572 posts Member
    Im P3 50, and the majority of 3s games that pop up, if you are under a P2 30, I'm going to back out. I'd rather play with persons my skill. Yes, sometimes rank doesn't mean anything, but most of the time it does
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    Im P3 50, and the majority of 3s games that pop up, if you are under a P2 30, I'm going to back out. I'd rather play with persons my skill. Yes, sometimes rank doesn't mean anything, but most of the time it does

That's sad
  • monz
    872 posts Member
    TheMajjam wrote: »

It never means anything, just anohter example of the toxic community.
  • TheMajjam
    572 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Sorry, not sorry. I've had my fair share of just playing random games with peeps that haven't even made it to P1, and it's usually a straight disaster. In 6's it's not too bad, but in 3's against tough teams, any little screw ups cost you. Having played at the LG level, I'm not going to apologize for wanting to be competitive and wanting to play with experienced players.

This forum told me CR isn't an indication of a decent player. Now you're telling me I can't go by level as well. So, you just want me to wing it and take a chance that a level 5 knows what he's doing in 3's? Nah. Play games, get experience, then play with me.
  • Dominator961
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Sorry, not sorry. I've had my fair share of just playing random games with peeps that haven't even made it to P1, and it's usually a straight disaster. In 6's it's not too bad, but in 3's against tough teams, any little screw ups cost you. Having played at the LG level, I'm not going to apologize for wanting to be competitive and wanting to play with experienced players.

This forum told me CR isn't an indication of a decent player. Now you're telling me I can't go by level as well. So, you just want me to wing it and take a chance that a level 5 knows what he's doing in 3's? Nah. Play games, get experience, then play with me.

Bud, rank just means how long you’ve played. You can have good hockey IQ in 3s as a dude under p1. If you leave when you see someone at rank “49,” that’s pathetic. Especially since the population of this game has severely dwindled.

[Socair - edited to remove bait]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Socair
    2296 posts Game Changer
    Please be respectful of others’ opinions. You can disagree, but don’t be rude in doing so. Thanks.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • jmwalsh8888
    1013 posts Member
    you guys should realize that prestige levels mean nothing more than how many games you have played. i play a lot of drop in these days. i would say most p3 50s are terrible.

CR would give you some idea but they don't want to show that until after the game is done. Even then, i've seen 650 CR guys that are much better than 1000. But it's the closest thing we have to an skill level identifier. Unfortunately it's useless since they hide it until after the game.

some friendly advice? don't ever play drop in 3s. It's already a garbage mode that gets 100x worse playing with randoms. If you don't have friends to play with, fill the 6s ranks and play real hockey.
  • TerryBeli
    58 posts Member
    > @jmwalsh8888 said:
    > you guys should realize that prestige levels mean nothing more than how many games you have played. i play a lot of drop in these days. i would say most p3 50s are terrible.
    >
    > CR would give you some idea but they don't want to show that until after the game is done. Even then, i've seen 650 CR guys that are much better than 1000. But it's the closest thing we have to an skill level identifier. Unfortunately it's useless since they hide it until after the game.
    >
    > some friendly advice? don't ever play drop in 3s. It's already a garbage mode that gets 100x worse playing with randoms. If you don't have friends to play with, fill the 6s ranks and play real hockey.

Pretty much. Just as an example, I've barely played on my second account (lvl 4), decided to play goalie drop-in and got a 24-save shutout. Well, basically one; the other team quit with 30 seconds left. Point is you never know how much they've played before. CR is a slightly better indicator, even if it only really tells you how much you win/lose. You could just play drop-ins with less skilled randoms, lose, and have it drop etc. But in the end, is it such a big deal to play with people who aren't as good as you in random drop-ins when there's barely anyone on? Just get in the damn game
    Casual goalie gameplay: https://t.co/tQnYxAsyKy
  • TheMajjam
    572 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Low population: Yup. The game's population has been low, but not low enough that I can't pick and choose who I play with. I get a full 3's games in minutes of a search.

Fill the ranks with 6's: I only play Club 6's, and even then, a full 5-6 is rare. The last three games of drop 6's I can remember had 2-3 people. No thanks. People on a forum telling me to play more 6's isn't going to magically make other people play more drop 6's.

Prestige levels mean nothing: I'm a hell of a lot better at P3 50, than I was at Lvl 49. That's just pure fact. You either get better with time, or you don't. I'll put bets that higher levels are better than lower levels most of the time, rather than going off of CR. It's not an end all, be all, sure.
  • jmwalsh8888
    1013 posts Member
    Sorry just doesn't work out that way. I've played 1000s of drop in under the prestige system. There is no correlation between p level and skill. No correlation between the amount of games played and skill.

On other hand you can basically assume if they are over 600 they at least have a clue, below 400 they don't. In middle hard to say.

I would admit when I see really low numbers I said them, especially in groups
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    You didn't say what level that player was, you said just not 350, it could be a level10., I'm backing out every single time, I'm not going to waste my time playing with a level 10 who in most cases doesn't know right from left. I've seen 350 who don't know right from left, I'm certainly not chancing a low level player, in most cases.
    Anybody who says different is lying, you would play with a level 10 goalie? 100% you back out.
    I don't play defense to wipe noses and fix mistakes all game, that's not fun and just because someone is a beginner, which is fine we all were at some point, but it doesn't mean I have to partake in the mess.
  • jmwalsh8888
    1013 posts Member
    zingaa1 wrote: »
    You didn't say what level that player was, you said just not 350, it could be a level10., I'm backing out every single time, I'm not going to waste my time playing with a level 10 who in most cases doesn't know right from left. I've seen 350 who don't know right from left, I'm certainly not chancing a low level player, in most cases.
    Anybody who says different is lying, you would play with a level 10 goalie? 100% you back out.
    I don't play defense to wipe noses and fix mistakes all game, that's not fun and just because someone is a beginner, which is fine we all were at some point, but it doesn't mean I have to partake in the mess.

there is some truth to that, even if you are a seasoned vet in the series each new game brings new challenges. I would say unless you are a moron you get through most of those challenges by level 20 or so.

although if you are a decent NHL player that is playing 19 for the first day and know nothing about the new game, you are still much better than probably 80% of drop in players.

CR is not perfect either but it's much better. eventually over time, even playing solo drop ins, you will win more than you lose and your CR will rise some. If you are below 400 it's time to think about what you are doing because it's likely all wrong.
  • All this prestige and cr stupidness is utterly pointless. It shouldn't be shown to other players at all as it doesn't reflect individual skill in the least. Period. It should either only be known to you or not shown at all.

Many drop ins, 3s and 6s, are ruined by ppl with this dumb mentality of not having a high enough rank. Drop in is supposed to be random. That's the nature of the beast for better or worse. It's a time waste mode. End of story.

You want a good hockey experience? You can make or join a club and build it up, join a competitive league, or do vs and be as awesome as you think you may be. Those are your realistic choices. If you don't have time, can't be bothered to look or can't make friends then drop in is the mode you deserve. Sorry.

EA can do its part to make finding people easier as it was in the past with lobbies that carry over etc (we can only hope it's a priority for NHL 20) but until then just suck it up ppl. Seriously.

People waste so much time n energy on this argument. It's mind numbing.
    BlahQz - Owner of WikkiD VI / D6 NatioN - Our EASHL games are available here on YouTube and Twitch!
  • TheMajjam
    572 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    BlahQGhozT wrote: »
    All this prestige and cr stupidness is utterly pointless. It shouldn't be shown to other players at all as it doesn't reflect individual skill in the least. Period. It should either only be known to you or not shown at all.

Many drop ins, 3s and 6s, are ruined by ppl with this dumb mentality of not having a high enough rank. Drop in is supposed to be random. That's the nature of the beast for better or worse. It's a time waste mode. End of story.

You want a good hockey experience? You can make or join a club and build it up, join a competitive league, or do vs and be as awesome as you think you may be. Those are your realistic choices. If you don't have time, can't be bothered to look or can't make friends then drop in is the mode you deserve. Sorry.

EA can do its part to make finding people easier as it was in the past with lobbies that carry over etc (we can only hope it's a priority for NHL 20) but until then just suck it up ppl. Seriously.

Again, sorry not sorry. You say that drop in is supposed to be random, but it ISN'T. 95% of my time playing drops is alone, and I always play on D. The majority of people I see on 3's isn't really random at all these days. More than likely, the lobby I join I'm playing against three P3 and above period, and they are all on a team. I'm not going to play that team as a P3 50 myself, with a level 40, and a level 13.

I already know the outcome of the game before it even starts as far as 3's is concerned.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1215 posts Member
    People use alternative accounts all the time, and the CR levels can be very deceiving. Just because you get an opponent with lvl P1 15 etc. don't expect an easy game. Just something to consider.
  • BlahQGhozT
    133 posts Member
    All this prestige and cr stupidness is utterly pointless. It shouldn't be shown to other players at all as it doesn't reflect individual skill in the least. Period. It should either only be known to you or not shown at all.

Again, sorry not sorry. You say that drop in is supposed to be random, but it ISN'T. 95% of my time playing drops is alone, and I always play on D. The majority of people I see on 3's isn't really random at all these days. More than likely, the lobby I join I'm playing against three P3 and above period, and they are all on a team. I'm not going to play that team as a P3 50 myself, with a level 40, and a level 13.

I already know the outcome of the game before it even starts as far as 3's is concerned.

When I choose to play drop in I play it alone also. I don't have a crew of ppl to run with although I could if I was desperate. I said that drop in mode is a time wasting mode so of course you're more likely to get the riff raff. Seems as if you think that if your opponents are P3 and up the quality of your game is better.... a false premise imo at best especially this late in the year.

You can just as accurately assess a person's hockey IQ by their GT / PSN ID and avatar. lol

As stated earlier in this thread lots of people create / use secondary accounts all the time. I am one such person. I use my main for club only and secondary for drop ins to just build it up as something to do.

To each his own I guess, if you have got the time to waste looking for the perfect drop in game then have at it man. Good luck with that.
    BlahQz - Owner of WikkiD VI / D6 NatioN - Our EASHL games are available here on YouTube and Twitch!
  • BlahQGhozT wrote: »

When I choose to play drop in I play it alone also. I don't have a crew of ppl to run with although I could if I was desperate. I said that drop in mode is a time wasting mode so of course you're more likely to get the riff raff. Seems as if you think that if your opponents are P3 and up the quality of your game is better.... a false premise imo at best especially this late in the year.

You can just as accurately assess a person's hockey IQ by their GT / PSN ID and avatar. lol

As stated earlier in this thread lots of people create / use secondary accounts all the time. I am one such person. I use my main for club only and secondary for drop ins to just build it up as something to do.

To each his own I guess, if you have got the time to waste looking for the perfect drop in game then have at it man. Good luck with that.

Yeah a P3-50 with the name CRAZEEMONKEE6969 might not be as good as you think lol
  • jiajji
    329 posts Member
    The idea that a higher prestige level might produce a better experience in drops is kinda comical. May as well sacrifice a donkey before each game. It's completely random.
  • VeNOM2099
    3014 posts Member
    Here's the real reason people back out when a low rank player comes to play: if the higher ranked team loses to the lower ranked team (due to overall), then they lose a ton of CR, and they ain't having that.

I've been in teams with high CR, but since I don't play skater that often, I have around 550 CR. When the other team loses to our team, everyone on my team gets a crazy amount of CR. And if we lose we only lose a little.

It's petty, but that's likely the more probable reason why people back out.
  • jmwalsh8888
    1013 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    the CR system is pretty broke in my opinion. thats why i don't really care about it (but it's still annoying when you see that -23 -24 or whatever).

clubbing against crappy players and its super high risk no reward. win 8 games in a row at 2-3 CR a win and then lose 1 and you are likely farther behind in CR then when you started.

and in drop ins, omg i don't know how many games i've lost thanks to trolls and what not and when game is over other team is a bunch of seal clubbing 800+ cr players and my team is all 300-400cr and yet i lose like 15 cr. basically if the other teams collective CR is much higher than yours and you lose you should lose almost nothing. its a team sport. truthfully it only takes one bad apple. i've played against high level clubs where everyone is 1100-1300 cr and never win then one day we beat them and afterwards i usually see one single 500cr defense and say "ahhh".

i think showing cr before hand is a bad idea but... cr should be considered heavily when match making. i'd like to see them break up match making into 3 groups. create 3 tiers based on CR. its not perfect but its better than nothing. like under 450 is one group, 450-850 is another group and over 850 is final group. you start off at 500. if you are a decent player you should stay in the decent group but even if you somehow drop you shouldn't have too much trouble climbing out of the basement since you will never face good players. if you are really good, even playing solo drop ins, you will eventually eclipse 850. another thing it will stop is all these goofs that play mostly drop ins as a team so they can beat up bad drop in teams.

here's another idea for CR... flat out ban anyone with negative CR. thats impossible unless you are a griefing troll. but we know they will never do anything to fix any of these problems. they somehow fail to realize that not interfering with individuals ability to play is ruining the experience for the masses.

drop ins should not be a throw away pointless time waster... a bad experience. thats just what it's turned into the past few years.

CR matchmaking isn't much better in club but it is what it is. sometimes it can be so annoying to find a game that you just take anything. but it is annoying to play two teams that average 550cr one game then 1200 the next.

on the original topic, notice i didn't mention prestige level in here anywhere? because it literally tells you NOTHING except if they are really low level there's a slightly higher chance they are terrible. this game really hasn't changed much over the years. thats why the same players that were good in nhl 10 are good today. you either know where to be and what to do or you dont. if you don't you likely will never learn. at least not from playing more games. you learn from someone teaching you (this game teaches you nothing).