jrago73 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    My suggestion would be to end the game if:

A. the Goalie leaves
    B. At least 3 players leave ONE team (not including the goalie)
    C. At least 2 players from each team leave.

Also, remove the QUIT option from the menu. Most online games have no "QUIT" option. If you started to play, you're in it until the end unless you turn off your console. And if you turn off your console, then you are guilty of RQ.

RQ three times in a row and you get put on a cooldown period until you can play the next game.

I think there should be Halo Reach style “bans” for leaving. Leave one game, nothing. Second leave you get a warning next time will be a ban. Third leave is a 5 minute ban from matchmaking. Fourth leave is 15 minutes. The time increases as you keep leaving. My firmed has like a 2 hour matchmaking ban in Reach for leaving nonstop. The time resets after a week of the last game you left.

How do you solve incidents where internet is involved? Where it really isn't the fault of the player?

How do you solve when enough players leave or drop, and the game drops, that the team that lost players who still had people playing, don't get penalized for it?

These are things you have to consider, and since EA hasn't found a resolution for the fact that if people leave and the game drops, those that didn't leave still get a CR penalty as well as a loss. All because some idiot wants to leave being down by two goals mid-way through the 1st period.

That’s the only downside of the bans. When you lose connection. I’ve said in another post, they should have us be able to re connect to the game. There also a chance a player will purposely disconnect themselves from the internet to avoid the ban. With the reconnect feature, you must rejoin the game or it counts as a quit. But if you legitimately keep losing connection to the servers, then I don’t have an answer for that as unfortunate as it is.

If let’s say 3 or 4 people quit and the game now becomes mostly CPUs, those who leave after the quota don’t face any kind of ban.

Reconnection to a game that you crashed from would be awesome.

This has been addressed in the past. Too difficult on a technical level to pull off in an acceptable way. Think of how long it takes to load into the start of a game, now you need everyone in the game to sit there in menu that long anytime a person joins in order to have everything sync'd up.

PUBG has reconnection feature when you crash or lose connection, it works pretty well. If a huge game like PUBG can do it, then NHL could probably do it.
    Post edited by EpiCxOwNeD on
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    My suggestion would be to end the game if:

A. the Goalie leaves
    B. At least 3 players leave ONE team (not including the goalie)
    C. At least 2 players from each team leave.

Also, remove the QUIT option from the menu. Most online games have no "QUIT" option. If you started to play, you're in it until the end unless you turn off your console. And if you turn off your console, then you are guilty of RQ.

RQ three times in a row and you get put on a cooldown period until you can play the next game.

I think there should be Halo Reach style “bans” for leaving. Leave one game, nothing. Second leave you get a warning next time will be a ban. Third leave is a 5 minute ban from matchmaking. Fourth leave is 15 minutes. The time increases as you keep leaving. My firmed has like a 2 hour matchmaking ban in Reach for leaving nonstop. The time resets after a week of the last game you left.

No. You would have no players playing.

If you’re going to play a game mode in which all positions are filled with humans and you leave, you should face some sort of consequence besides losing some CR. It takes one person to leave to ruin the entire game. It seems when one person leaves sometimes, the floodgates opens and everyone starts to quit.

I'll play devil's advocate.

If you are going to play a mode in which you allow humans to play with you and completely ruin the game for everyone, and EA does nothing to stop or even discourage it... their should be NO consequences for leaving.

EA would need to deal with trollish players first before the ban like system. If they don’t and add bans for quitting, trolls are going to have more ammo to troll.
  • de4c0n_fr05t
    436 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Cifeo wrote: »
    I started at 1050CR when my team quit the game a month ago. I've played OTP this last month and at one point dropped all the way down to 550CR because of trolls, people quitting as soon as the game loads, and players who are just generally bad at the game. I've played with P350's who are insanely bad, lack basic passing skills, and lose 95% of their faceoffs, and I've also played with level 30's who are almost as good as me.

CR seems to be completely irrelevant and players like me should not be punished for playing a game with people who aren't Prestige. I play games with low level players which are normally lost from the start of the game because I hope they'll watch how I play and learn and then continue to play and keep this game alive.

I will say that I've been playing NHL online for almost 14 years, and with it's high learning curve, punishing skilled players like me who take low level games with bad players by giving me -30CR because my teammates don't know how to aim a pass will only make it die faster. I'm forced to dodge 90% of my OTP lobbies now, even though I know CR means nothing, because I can't find a team on my skill level since my CR has plummeted from trying to help newbs in drop-ins.

Just remove CR completely, and since the game is on it's last legs, everyone will know each other by name and icon pretty soon and you can dodge games with players you know aren't very good.

I understand what you're saying. Can't see CR before the game, so Prestige is all you've got going. Despite what people are saying here, Prestige players are statistically better. Why the heck should I play a full team of P3 50's in 3's with a level 14 or 34?? Because they -might- be players with new accounts? Once in a blue moon I will run into a non-Prestige that knows how to play. Most of the time, they're flopping around like fish. I don't care much for my own CR, but I do care about playing the game right and I like to give myself the best change of that. My record is 303-126-22 and I have 908 points. Not the best record, not amazing stats, but for someone like myself who exclusively plays alone as a defenseman, I'm happy with the way I pick and choose my games.

You sound like you care about winning far more than you do about playing the game right.
    If your team had full P3-50's but the other team had a few non prestige's would you quit then too?

of course I don't leave

lol exactly what I thought
    Post edited by de4c0n_fr05t on
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    I started at 1050CR when my team quit the game a month ago. I've played OTP this last month and at one point dropped all the way down to 550CR because of trolls, people quitting as soon as the game loads, and players who are just generally bad at the game. I've played with P350's who are insanely bad, lack basic passing skills, and lose 95% of their faceoffs, and I've also played with level 30's who are almost as good as me.

CR seems to be completely irrelevant and players like me should not be punished for playing a game with people who aren't Prestige. I play games with low level players which are normally lost from the start of the game because I hope they'll watch how I play and learn and then continue to play and keep this game alive.

I will say that I've been playing NHL online for almost 14 years, and with it's high learning curve, punishing skilled players like me who take low level games with bad players by giving me -30CR because my teammates don't know how to aim a pass will only make it die faster. I'm forced to dodge 90% of my OTP lobbies now, even though I know CR means nothing, because I can't find a team on my skill level since my CR has plummeted from trying to help newbs in drop-ins.

Just remove CR completely, and since the game is on it's last legs, everyone will know each other by name and icon pretty soon and you can dodge games with players you know aren't very good.

I understand what you're saying. Can't see CR before the game, so Prestige is all you've got going. Despite what people are saying here, Prestige players are statistically better. Why the heck should I play a full team of P3 50's in 3's with a level 14 or 34?? Because they -might- be players with new accounts? Once in a blue moon I will run into a non-Prestige that knows how to play. Most of the time, they're flopping around like fish. I don't care much for my own CR, but I do care about playing the game right and I like to give myself the best change of that. My record is 303-126-22 and I have 908 points. Not the best record, not amazing stats, but for someone like myself who exclusively plays alone as a defenseman, I'm happy with the way I pick and choose my games.

You sound like you care about winning far more than you do about playing the game right.
    If your team had full P3-50's but the other team had a few non prestige's would you quit then too?

You're telling me that in 3's that I don't care about playing the game right with a winning record? As D-men are usually the single point of failure in 3's, if I'm not playing right, then we're not winning. However, you're more than welcome to look for my other posts that show my gamertag. Plenty of clips there to keep you entertained on the way I play.

Also, of course I don't leave. Those guys don't have to stay either. I had to endure the same thing as a low level guy and get games where I could to make to to the P3 50. I played the stupid computer for EXP, played stupid Ones, played drops where I could, played LG, and played Club. I don't owe them, you, or no one else anything for the way I want to play.

lol exactly what I thought

Lolol. I hope so. :)
  • jrago73
    504 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Whether or not I get selective depends largely on how the previous rounds are going but when I am, its sub 40 goalies or sub 30ish enf d men that make me run away. Multiple sub 20's and I'm out too.

It's a nice warm fuzzy feeling to say rank doesn't matter but it's not entirely true. A higher rank means you've at least got some experience. You get 2-4 guys in there like level 20 or less and it's usually a trip fest because they just haven't put in the time to adjust to this years changes. Especially on xbox this time of year where a lot of these low level nooblets are EA access guys who may not have much of a grasp on hockey in general

I'm far less selective than others but nobody should be shamed for their standards, I'm here for a close game and actual game flow, EA doesn't pay me to babysit.

That being said, there is a special place in hell for those who quit once the game starts.

Edit: this is all dropin 6's btw
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    Whether or not I get selective depends largely on how the previous rounds are going but when I am, its sub 40 goalies or sub 30ish enf d men that make me run away. Multiple sub 20's and I'm out too.

It's a nice warm fuzzy feeling to say rank doesn't matter but it's not entirely true. A higher rank means you've at least got some experience. You get 2-4 guys in there like level 20 or less and it's usually a trip fest because they just haven't put in the time to adjust to this years changes. Especially on xbox this time of year where a lot of these low level nooblets are EA access guys who may not have much of a grasp on hockey in general

I'm far less selective than others but nobody should be shamed for their standards, I'm here for a close game and actual game flow, EA doesn't pay me to babysit.

That being said, there is a special place in hell for those who quit once the game starts.

A month after the game came out, getting drop 6's on Xbox for full lobbies has been non-existent. I don't know how they are now. You're perfectly right about the trips. I'll add constant offsides, calling for pass from the goalie, no defense, and not cycling the puck.
  • jmwalsh8888
    1163 posts Member

A month after the game came out, getting drop 6's on Xbox for full lobbies has been non-existent. I don't know how they are now. You're perfectly right about the trips. I'll add constant offsides, calling for pass from the goalie, no defense, and not cycling the puck.

drops matchmaking was completely broken when game released. it took a few months but they eventually fixed it (somewhat).
  • TheMajjam wrote: »

drops matchmaking was completely broken when game released. it took a few months but they eventually fixed it (somewhat).

We still have problems when playing club 6s. Spend a few minutes to find a 6s game just for someone on our team or the other get dropped and next thing you know we have to search for another game.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »

We still have problems when playing club 6s. Spend a few minutes to find a 6s game just for someone on our team or the other get dropped and next thing you know we have to search for another game.

Yup, happens lots in drop-in too when you queue as a party.
  • jmwalsh8888
    1163 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    there's still DRE problems...although even those are much less than they were (likely thanks to many of those people just giving up and never playing again).

but i'm talking about actual matchmaking problems in drop ins. where you couldn't find games. sit there for like 5 mins and only get 2s. tons of different errors. eventually they somewhat cleaned it up with some patches and a fix that no longer allowed goalies. funny thing was they didn't put any message in game about that change. i knew so many people that said "we never find 6". I was like umm you notice there's never any goalies and no way to even choose goalie? drop ins were temporarily just 5v5.

so many little weird things that they don't tell you. lack of communication where it matters "in game" is one of EA NHLs calling cards for a decade.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    442 posts Member
    Your rank is just a measure of how much you play, not your skill level. I've seen P1's play like legends and P3 50's poop the bed numerous times
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member

As D-men are usually the single point of failure in 3's, .

Not even true, I've had numerous forwards who are just plain bad and couldn't score on a 6 on 1 with no goalie. Constant turnovers, can't win faceoffs, forcing cross crease for no reason whatsoever, bad passing, blah blah blah and then they blame defense. They have 2 shots on net all game when I fed them the puck perfectly 25 times and then they blame defense, that's not a defensive problem, that's bad offense.
    If Tom Brady throws 20 interceptions the Patriots will lose, no matter how strong defense is.
  • jmwalsh8888
    1163 posts Member
    not being smart and disciplined on d is by far the #1 reason for failure in any mode. its not even close. but it's obviously a team sport and everyone plays their part ... on both sides of the ice.

• TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    zingaa1 wrote: »

Not even true, I've had numerous forwards who are just plain bad and couldn't score on a 6 on 1 with no goalie. Constant turnovers, can't win faceoffs, forcing cross crease for no reason whatsoever, bad passing, blah blah blah and then they blame defense. They have 2 shots on net all game when I fed them the puck perfectly 25 times and then they blame defense, that's not a defensive problem, that's bad offense.
    If Tom Brady throws 20 interceptions the Patriots will lose, no matter how strong defense is.

I said 3's. You're talking about 6 on 1's. In 3's, even against a crap team, if I don't play D we lose the majority of the time.
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member

I said 3's. You're talking about 6 on 1's. In 3's, even against a crap team, if I don't play D we lose the majority of the time.

I'm aware you were referencing 3's, so was I, I used 6 on 1 as an example, let me rephrase 10 on 1.
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member

I'm aware you were referencing 3's, so was I, I used 6 on 1 as an example, let me rephrase 10 on 1.

Haha. You saying not playing good D in 3's doesn't make a difference tells me I should end this interaction right now.
  • If you go into a 3s game where the 2 Forwards think its the Dman's responsibility to play D, you already lost. Same thing in a 6s game, and its not a problem.
    EASHL player
  • A bad D in 3's is literally one of the worst things in the game, right up there with a player who takes constant penalties or a bad goalie. I only play 3's dropins and my CR ranges from ~850 to 1000, when we get a bad D who races up all the time, gets out of position trying to crush someone on the defensive blue line or not getting in lanes in the d-zone or covering their man, or doesn't stay back covering the outlet man/pass when in neutral/offensive zone I want to smash my controller. I play wing, and I often cover D if he and center are racing up, or to cover D out of position, but when you get a stupid D who thinks playing 3's is all about racing up as the 3'rd forward you can easily get beat by scrubs who have the smarts to get behind the pinching D.

3's is simple, play positional, cover your man, get open, pass right away, and don't constantly chase puck carrier like a cat seeing a laser pointer for the first time.

Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly has no clue.
  • Also to stay on topic re: P3 50, you do realize a ton of players with low levels are people on a second or third account right? I've seen a whack of players under P1 that you can tell within the 1st minute are using a new account and are definitely not new to the game or bad players.
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    If you go into a 3s game where the 2 Forwards think its the Dman's responsibility to play D, you already lost. Same thing in a 6s game, and its not a problem.

This depends. Stay at home D's that can read the play will be fine. I'm an offensive D that likes to rush if a forward gets held back, but I can defend well on 1 v 1, 2 v 1 situations. However, I do expect the F's to get back into defensive position once they catch up to the play.