EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

“Not a P3 50? Looks like I’m leaving!”

12346Next

Replies

• WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Lol these are mostly gross exaggerations. No 1100cr player is lost. They may be overrated and no where near deserving of that cr. But they are basically always going to be miles better than any sub 500 player.

In drop in, there not that many good players left that still drop into that cess pool of garbage hockey.

To sum it up I might say cr is better than 50% accurate representation of competency in this game. On the other hand I would say being p3 50 is about 5% accurate. So basically pointless. Cr has some value.

Bah. Because I play alot of dropins, my CR hovers alot between 525 and 650 yet I consistently play better than alot of the 900+ CR players I cross. Just last night played a dropin game and most of our team were more or less at 700. We bashed a group of 1000+ that all they did was cross crease passes and twirling in the corner to bait a defender to force a cross crease pass. It was quite sad. We won 8-1 and shots were about 36-8. Looks like they were trying to play 3v3 in a 6v6 game. Was pathetic to see.

CR is something that should not exist outside of 1v1 matches. It does not reflect your skill in any way, but rather, just reflects your win loss rate. Alot of bad players get carried by good teammates and inflates their CR.

I’ve unfortunately ran into 1300+ CR players in EASHL 3s and you can guess how they played...

...by spinning around like ballerinas and abusing every little thing they can. Makes for a one bad experience I can tell you that.

Yea that's why I don't play 3v3. A real gong show of who abuses better.

2 on 1? No problem, I'll cover the pass so the goalie can focus on the shooter. Wrong. Sniped short side.

I'll cover the shooter and pray the pass goes wild. Wrong. One-timer goal.

Yea, fun times.

Yup. Love and hate 3's, but I'm addicted to it. As a D-man it's maddening. 2 v 1's happen all the time. Playing IRL defense goes right out the window. My rule of thumb for 2 v 1's are, if the puck carrier's handiness is inside for that short side snipe, he's the biggest threat and I either have to press him, or try to block short side because it's coming. If his handiness is outside, I will almost certainly cover the open man and let the goalie deal somewhat deal with a partial 1 v 1 because the chances are high a pass is coming if the short side snipe isn't there. Unfortunately, in that situation, the potential for the one hand tuck that seems to always go in if done right is there as well.

Yea I try pretty much to defend the same way. Of course, there is also the cheese pad rebound goal. It really is infuriating defending in 3s. I play it now and then to sharpen my 1v1 skills and try not to rage too much at all the 2 on 1s. Only so much you can do as a D man.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Lol these are mostly gross exaggerations. No 1100cr player is lost. They may be overrated and no where near deserving of that cr. But they are basically always going to be miles better than any sub 500 player.

In drop in, there not that many good players left that still drop into that cess pool of garbage hockey.

To sum it up I might say cr is better than 50% accurate representation of competency in this game. On the other hand I would say being p3 50 is about 5% accurate. So basically pointless. Cr has some value.

Bah. Because I play alot of dropins, my CR hovers alot between 525 and 650 yet I consistently play better than alot of the 900+ CR players I cross. Just last night played a dropin game and most of our team were more or less at 700. We bashed a group of 1000+ that all they did was cross crease passes and twirling in the corner to bait a defender to force a cross crease pass. It was quite sad. We won 8-1 and shots were about 36-8. Looks like they were trying to play 3v3 in a 6v6 game. Was pathetic to see.

CR is something that should not exist outside of 1v1 matches. It does not reflect your skill in any way, but rather, just reflects your win loss rate. Alot of bad players get carried by good teammates and inflates their CR.

I’ve unfortunately ran into 1300+ CR players in EASHL 3s and you can guess how they played...

...by spinning around like ballerinas and abusing every little thing they can. Makes for a one bad experience I can tell you that.

2 on 1? No problem, I'll cover the pass so the goalie can focus on the shooter. Wrong. Sniped short side.

Yea, fun times.

Yup. Love and hate 3's, but I'm addicted to it. As a D-man it's maddening. 2 v 1's happen all the time. Playing IRL defense goes right out the window. My rule of thumb for 2 v 1's are, if the puck carrier's handiness is inside for that short side snipe, he's the biggest threat and I either have to press him, or try to block short side because it's coming. If his handiness is outside, I will almost certainly cover the open man and let the goalie deal somewhat deal with a partial 1 v 1 because the chances are high a pass is coming if the short side snipe isn't there. Unfortunately, in that situation, the potential for the one hand tuck that seems to always go in if done right is there as well.

Well said. They should just remove the 1 hand tuck from EASHL - you can shut down the play completely, and they just press the Magic Trick button. Offline is whatever, and HUT Streamers NEED it.

I wouldn't be disappointed if the one handed tuck was removed. Goalie doesn't seem to know what to do against it.

Agreed. I used it for a bit every now and then, but had to stop because I felt dirty after using it.
    Casual goalie gameplay: https://t.co/tQnYxAsyKy
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »

Yea, fun times.

Yep. Thats pretty much the mode. 3s has gotten to the point with me and club mates we don’t enjoy it anymore and with NHL 19 being free on Xbox, we can get more 6s going since some of our friends don’t have the game.