EA Forums - Banner

Servers down again?

Prev1
For the past 2 and a half days.

f3kfjc9na9os.jpg

Either that error or network error pops up. Right now I can't play CS or regular seasons at all.

Care to shed some light on this?

I'm quite surprised EA hasn't made an official thread about this anywhere. I must be blind if I can't find it.

Even on reddit people are complaining.

Hello?

Replies

• Glad to see it’s not only me. Got that since yesterday but was able to play a bit this morning.

Also 3 games i got disconnected from the server for no reason, of course i had to take the loss each time plus wasting stupid contract.

What is going on?!?!?
  • Yeah this is getting pretty ridiculous. It's been going on for 6+ hours today. Probably longer since that's when I logged in and found I couldn't play.

All I can do is play challenges or totw. Every time I try and play against someone it just gives the same error.

I checked facebook and twitter and EA has been silent this whole time. It's been almost 3 days of this? What the hell?
  • It’s working right now
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Xbox?
  • And it’s back off again loll

Yes xbox and in the east
  • SturmWolfe
    200 posts Member
    And it’s back off again loll

Yes xbox and in the east

I was just about to get on. 😆
  • SturmWolfe
    200 posts Member
    Yup. STILL can't connect to a game.

Still haven't heard anything from EA.

What a joke. This is what not to do when you're having server issues.
  • Was able to play one game and then back to the error message....
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    SturmWolfe wrote: »

Other than the EA Help people, no one works the weekends, so don’t expect a formal post here.
  • RebelTackle51
    1 posts New member
    I have hard reset multiple times, unplugged, reset my WiFi, and I still cannot get into a dressing room or any online mode whatsoever! I’m very upset that I paid full price for a game that I can’t play. Any suggestions?
  • RebelTackle51
    1 posts New member
    Xbox ☝️
  • SturmWolfe
    200 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Socair wrote: »

Other than the EA Help people, no one works the weekends, so don’t expect a formal post here.

So what do we players expect from EA when we can't play CS? It's held on the weekends. I've only been able to play 7 games out of 20.

Why would any developer take the weekend off, when they're most competitive games are being played?

They should have it run throughout the week days if that's the case.

If they can't manage their game when it's at it's busiest. What's the point? Isn't that a bit redundant?

This is like a coffee shop having their entire staff taking a full hour break during lunch time. You got tons of customers waiting in line for no one to take orders.

Not to mention this issue started before the weekend.

I understand you're just trying to do your job but there has to be a safety net in place when stuff goes off the rails.

As far as I know, server maintenance doesn't require certification from Microsoft or Sony.
    When I worked for a server hosting company and we had issues. You bet we had that fixed immediately. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It only took me. One person to hit the switches, reboot the computers, and call the internet providers to make sure things worked.

EA is an international company/corporation. I'm sure they can spare a few more hours payed wages to make sure their games work properly.

[Socair - edited for profanity]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    edited May 2019
    Socair wrote: »

So what do we players expect from EA when we can't play CS? It's held on the weekends. I've only been able to play 7 games out of 20.

Why would any developer take the weekend off, when they're most competitive games are being played?

They should have it run throughout the week days if that's the case.

If they can't manage their game when it's at it's busiest. What's the point? Isn't that a bit redundant?

This is like a coffee shop having their entire staff taking a full hour break during lunch time. You got tons of customers waiting in line for no one to take orders.

Not to mention this issue started before the weekend.

I understand you're just trying to do your job but there has to be a safety net in place when stuff goes off the rails.

As far as I know, server maintenance doesn't require certification from Microsoft or Sony.
    When I worked for a server hosting company and we had issues. You bet we had that fixed immediately. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It only took me. One person to hit the switches, reboot the computers, and call the internet providers to make sure things worked.

EA is an international company/corporation. I'm sure they can spare a few more hours payed wages to make sure their games work properly.

[Socair - edited for profanity]

I should have specified; I have no idea if the people at EA Burnaby or other devs/network engineers work weekends, but I do know that the forum staff do not. So you’re not gonna see anything posted here on the matter, which was your initial comment.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    FWIW, from my poking around on social media, some folks are having luck with clearing their MAC address on the Xbox.
  • Xbox one, west coast and started to get the error last night out of nowhere. Club,drop ins, hut / vs, will give me the same error code. I have tried hard resets as well, not having issues with any other game.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    So there are more widespread issues (can’t connect online at all on PS4) and this is affecting other titles.
  • suamijaba
    4 posts New member
    > @Tonysl79 said:
    > Ea offering any sort of compensation to its players for all the downtime?

They better be. I Lost log in packs because of this and couldn't get my rank on champs!