EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th


Check out our January 30th patch details here.

Legends in this Offline play

Prev1
I haven’t checked in a while, did anyone from ea ever address them lying about the 200 legends? Would like to know before i ever but anymore of their games going forward

Replies

  • NHL_Live_Support
    182 posts EA NHL Developer
    edited May 2019
    Hey @tuukka4033,

    What about our 200+ legends would you like to know?
  • Hey @tuukka4033,

    What about our 200+ legends would you like to know?

    Legends were advertised to be usable in more offline modes other than Play Now. There were multiple marketing screenshots and videos of Gretzky holding the Cup but that's virtually impossible to do with Legends at the moment. An EA community manager said you guys were working on getting them to work in Franchise Mode but due to an age issue, it was put on the back burner and the issue was never addressed.

    Outside of Play Now and HUT, what can we do with legends?
  • tuukka4033
    31 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    That sums it up....

    Constantly had questions on here and EA always had some excuse, i feel like ea lied to all of us and what classless for not answering any questions about it.

    Please tell me why i should continue to buy any more of their games going forward?

    [Removed call out]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Tonysl79
    357 posts Member
    Careful criticizing ea they don’t like it. I’m sure they have a reason for misguiding players about the use of legends. Just wait and they will provide an answer through the forum as they always do when questions are asked of them. Be patient, by the time nhl 20 comes out you’ll forget all about this.
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Just wait and they will provide an answer through the forum as they always do when questions are asked of them.

    I genuinely cannot tell if this is sarcasm. We've been waiting for an answer since launch with little to no response or insight besides one tweet from a community manager. With no transparency for an under-delivered, heavily marketed feature, I will not be buying NHL 20 so no, I won't be forgetting about this.
  • Tonysl79
    357 posts Member
    At least you got a tweet that’s better than nothing right? If you don’t buy nhl 20 what alternative exists?
  • Also there is an commercial video with Peter Forsberg celebrating a cup win in avs uniform. Now my simple question is: how is this possible to recreate in the game you sold me?
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    At least you got a tweet that’s better than nothing right? If you don’t buy nhl 20 what alternative exists?

    "Better than nothing" is not acceptable. In what world is a false promise that was never fulfilled okay?

    You're right, there is no alternative. But I'd rather skip a year (or more) than to give my money to a company who falsely advertises their product and doesn't care about community input. The only language they speak is money, so I'm voting with my dollar.
  • Tonysl79
    357 posts Member
    I think ea compares the sales and profits from their sport games and sees that nhl doesn’t bring in as much as madden or fifa. That then dictates the budget for next years game. And in ea’s world, hockey is like the dirty red-headed step child and therefore gets the least though and attention from the developers. Just a theory.
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    I think ea compares the sales and profits from their sport games and sees that nhl doesn’t bring in as much as madden or fifa. That then dictates the budget for next years game. And in ea’s world, hockey is like the dirty red-headed step child and therefore gets the least though and attention from the developers. Just a theory.

    They are predicted on how many copies they are gonna sell so the budgets go accordingly. They don't care if NHL makes tons of microtransaction money because that just goes into their other projects not NHL and in the pockets of their investors of EA.
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Just wait and they will provide an answer through the forum as they always do when questions are asked of them.

    So this statement aged poorly.
  • Funny how they ask the question of what would you like to know so they are there reading but then vanish when its asked why you cant use them. No wonder this company is bashed over and over. 100% deserved
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    Funny how they ask the question of what would you like to know so they are there reading but then vanish when its asked why you cant use them. No wonder this company is bashed over and over. 100% deserved

    That's exactly it, he responded with their answer and it's crickets. This series and the team is just plain comedy.
  • Guys stop getting worked up no one cares if someones upset ! If you want to make your point hit them where it hurts the most....the pocket. Dont buy the game..dont buy packs...simple. if you want to play hockey so bad get your equipment and go skate. I just came back from shinny...ripped it up ! Peace.
  • Guys stop getting worked up no one cares if someones upset ! If you want to make your point hit them where it hurts the most....the pocket. Dont buy the game..dont buy packs...simple. if you want to play hockey so bad get your equipment and go skate. I just came back from shinny...ripped it up ! Peace.

    Cool story bro. But you're right, I won't buy the game.
  • Was still hasn’t addressed this issue ea_roger any ideas why?
  • Tonysl79
    357 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    To my understanding it’s not possible for ea to be able to answer all of everyone’s questions because it’s not in the ea developers job descriptions to even answer questions they do it as a courtesy to us the players. I was told this in a thread under the nhl off topic discussions board.
  • ieatstaples94
    18 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    To my understanding it’s not possible for ea to be able to answer all of everyone’s questions because it’s not in the ea developers job descriptions to even answer questions they do it as a courtesy to us the players. I was told this in a thread under the nhl off topic discussions board.

    True. But when they do comment and respond, they only do so when it's convenient for them. There isn't much communication at all when the community critiques or offers criticism.

    It's just a little odd that a developer account offers to answer OP's question, but then goes completely dark, y'know?
  • hatzman7373
    44 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Welcome to the world of politics...ur maturing boyz. Thats life. Dont get mad anxiety forms get even. Dont buy the game..dont buy packs...simple. . Simple.

    [Removed mention of boycott]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!