EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Possession

Is there a new way to steal the puck? I can not keep the puck on my stick every time I have possession a defender gets near and the puck is on his stick loose pucks forget about it you hear multiple clicks and they have it I try to take the puck announcer says whoa he takes the puck away but they keep skating forward for a breakaway. I’ve won 490 online games and this is just ridiculous now.

Replies

• TreborMalkin
    272 posts Member
    edited May 19
    I think I figured it out you don’t have to push x to lift and steal you just have to keep it held down. Which makes me ask how is that not spamming and how does that involve skill.
    Post edited by TreborMalkin on
  • I think I figured it out you don’t have to push x to lift and steal you just have to keep it held down. Which makes me ask how is that not spamming and how does that involve skill.

That's tying the stick up. Literally just holding the other players stick off the ice. How on earth do you consider that spamming? The skill is in positioning, for both players. And in keeping the puck out of reach of the stick to avoid the move in the first place.

Learn to avoid the other player, move the puck quicker, and not put yourself in the position for the move to be effective.

It's mostly used in front of the net to prevent cross creases from connecting, and almost always requires the other player to be standing still to work.

Clearly, you're doing something incorrectly.
  • It is used all over the ice and when you do it your AI do as well and take the puck more aggressively