EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Traits and build

JustNtime20
2 posts New member
Looking the playmaker, but would like some ideas on traits and build. Thanks

Replies

• Socair
    1820 posts Game Changer
    Well, its really all about personal preference. So, if you like to be quick and don’t mind getting hit off the puck more easily, go shorter/lighter. Opposite if you want more puck control and are willing to sacrifice some speed and agility. Or try a “middle” ground size and weight. Since height/weight are primarily affecting your athleticism, you can try to boost attributes that you may be loosing out on with your build, but there’s always a trade off, so it doesn’t work out perfectly (you can’t make a bigger skater and use the acceleration trait without hurting your agility further), so again, you have to play a few games with different combinations to see what you like.

It may also depend on which mode you play. In 3 vs 3, you may find a smaller build is better. But in 6 vs 6, bigger is better suited to help with all the bumps.

I like to use a 5’11 187lb playmaker with strength and balance traits. I always use the endurance perk (lungs) on my forward builds.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator