EA Forums - Banner

EA, you have failed your core community and alienated your players

Replies

  • Tonysl79
    538 posts Member
    Nhl 20 is nothing more than one last cash grab before the new consoles are released next year so open your wallets and get it over with.
  • Also skating got a massive, long overdue, highly requested overhaul in 19. Does anyone remember "TPS is a problem and needs to change" from the old forums? That thread might have been one of the largest of all time.

    Yea, for some reason this seems to be lost on people. The skating overhaul last year was an epic turn in the NHL franchise, only to be improved upon I'm sure.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1291 posts Member
    Agreed, skating is improved, and to some extent puck pickups too. And DSS is nice to have. I hated NHL18 with passion.
  • nickels55
    177 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Since hockey gets no resources and isn't popular, it makes sense that it is half the price of FIFA and Madden? What is that, these titles all launch at the same price? Then why should I expect less from this series?
  • Tonysl79
    538 posts Member
    Nhl should be priced lower than fifa and madden that would increase the amount of players if that was the goal.
    However I think the true goal is squeezing the most money out of their customers as possible with gimmicks, half hearted development and micro transactions. In the end the people buy and the revenue rolls in so ea doesn’t really care.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Nhl should be priced lower than fifa and madden that would increase the amount of players if that was the goal.
    However I think the true goal is squeezing the most money out of their customers as possible with gimmicks, half hearted development and micro transactions. In the end the people buy and the revenue rolls in so ea doesn’t really care.

    If micro transactions are added to every mode then we're being squeezed. If it remains the way it is now, that's not even remotely happening. Especially not when you can build a solid team without spending anything extra at all.
  • Tonysl79
    538 posts Member
    So even when ea’s cfo says they’re main focus moving forward in future games is on the online extra transactions and content which brought in over 800 million in 2018, they aren’t trying to squeeze their consumers?
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Nhl should be priced lower than fifa and madden that would increase the amount of players if that was the goal.
    However I think the true goal is squeezing the most money out of their customers as possible with gimmicks, half hearted development and micro transactions. In the end the people buy and the revenue rolls in so ea doesn’t really care.

    Should be priced sure. People say it every year, what it should be priced at. But the going rate for a new release game from a major publisher is $60 US. It's been that way for like 20 years now.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    And to the people saying common just wait for actually gameplay....we been goofed 5 years in a row. Same glitches and problems since 15, dont expect anything different in 20.

    So you are judging a game by your previous opinions of the last few iterations and by the trailer. Not sure if I agree with your method of critique.
  • SaydaNeen wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    And to the people saying common just wait for actually gameplay....we been goofed 5 years in a row. Same glitches and problems since 15, dont expect anything different in 20.

    So you are judging a game by your previous opinions of the last few iterations and by the trailer. Not sure if I agree with your method of critique.

    Well when 20 rolls out and its riddled with problems that existed the last 5 game releases you'll understand. My only hope is out of the box eashl will work. My other hope is that the game will include what is advertised (member legends in 19, i member)

    EA sole focus is making more money hense the "loot boxes are surprise mechanics". Nhl will never be the hockey game we want as long as they are driven by in game purchases rather then high level game play.

    I look forward to your opinion when the game launches.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    flyextacy wrote: »
    SaydaNeen wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    And to the people saying common just wait for actually gameplay....we been goofed 5 years in a row. Same glitches and problems since 15, dont expect anything different in 20.

    So you are judging a game by your previous opinions of the last few iterations and by the trailer. Not sure if I agree with your method of critique.

    Well when 20 rolls out and its riddled with problems that existed the last 5 game releases you'll understand. My only hope is out of the box eashl will work. My other hope is that the game will include what is advertised (member legends in 19, i member)

    EA sole focus is making more money hense the "loot boxes are surprise mechanics". Nhl will never be the hockey game we want as long as they are driven by in game purchases rather then high level game play.

    I look forward to your opinion when the game launches.

    NHL has never been driven by this. Yeah, HUT has that one way to spend money and it probably makes a lot, but it's not like the rest of the game is riddled with micro transactions. Also, the way EA has been trending is to have less of them. They were basically removed from Battlefront 2 and there's no paid DLC, Battlefield V has them only for cosmetics and there's no paid DLC either, the same goes for Apex with their loot boxes. The Fallen Order won't have any. EA isn't exactly milking us at every turn like you guys make them out to be.
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    629 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Sinbin wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    SaydaNeen wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    And to the people saying common just wait for actually gameplay....we been goofed 5 years in a row. Same glitches and problems since 15, dont expect anything different in 20.

    So you are judging a game by your previous opinions of the last few iterations and by the trailer. Not sure if I agree with your method of critique.

    Well when 20 rolls out and its riddled with problems that existed the last 5 game releases you'll understand. My only hope is out of the box eashl will work. My other hope is that the game will include what is advertised (member legends in 19, i member)

    EA sole focus is making more money hense the "loot boxes are surprise mechanics". Nhl will never be the hockey game we want as long as they are driven by in game purchases rather then high level game play.

    I look forward to your opinion when the game launches.

    NHL has never been driven by this. Yeah, HUT has that one way to spend money and it probably makes a lot, but it's not like the rest of the game is riddled with micro transactions. Also, the way EA has been trending is to have less of them. They were basically removed from Battlefront 2 and there's no paid DLC, Battlefield V has them only for cosmetics and there's no paid DLC either, the same goes for Apex with their loot boxes. The Fallen Order won't have any. EA isn't exactly milking us at every turn like you guys make them out to be.

    They removed Battlefront 2 system because it was literally pay to win and the huge storm that came with it. Any game after that with micro transactions from EA only had cosmetic loot boxes and I’m not counting Ultimate Team

  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2509 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Sinbin wrote: »
    EA isn't exactly milking us at every turn like they used to.

    Fixed it.

    EA used to be king of the cash grab but I think 2k is making a good case to be crowned the champ.

    Back on topic, having gone through the features list I can guarantee NHL 20 wont be a day one purchase for me. Simply not enough content to justify a $90 CDN purchase.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    SaydaNeen wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    And to the people saying common just wait for actually gameplay....we been goofed 5 years in a row. Same glitches and problems since 15, dont expect anything different in 20.

    So you are judging a game by your previous opinions of the last few iterations and by the trailer. Not sure if I agree with your method of critique.

    Well when 20 rolls out and its riddled with problems that existed the last 5 game releases you'll understand. My only hope is out of the box eashl will work. My other hope is that the game will include what is advertised (member legends in 19, i member)

    EA sole focus is making more money hense the "loot boxes are surprise mechanics". Nhl will never be the hockey game we want as long as they are driven by in game purchases rather then high level game play.

    I look forward to your opinion when the game launches.

    NHL has never been driven by this. Yeah, HUT has that one way to spend money and it probably makes a lot, but it's not like the rest of the game is riddled with micro transactions. Also, the way EA has been trending is to have less of them. They were basically removed from Battlefront 2 and there's no paid DLC, Battlefield V has them only for cosmetics and there's no paid DLC either, the same goes for Apex with their loot boxes. The Fallen Order won't have any. EA isn't exactly milking us at every turn like you guys make them out to be.

    They removed Battlefront 2 system because it was literally pay to win and the huge storm that came with it. Any game after that with micro transactions from EA only had cosmetic loot boxes and I’m not counting Ultimate Team

    Yeah. The progression system was pretty bad. Thankfully EA listened and this has carried over to the rest of their games.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    SaydaNeen wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    And to the people saying common just wait for actually gameplay....we been goofed 5 years in a row. Same glitches and problems since 15, dont expect anything different in 20.

    So you are judging a game by your previous opinions of the last few iterations and by the trailer. Not sure if I agree with your method of critique.

    Well when 20 rolls out and its riddled with problems that existed the last 5 game releases you'll understand. My only hope is out of the box eashl will work. My other hope is that the game will include what is advertised (member legends in 19, i member)

    EA sole focus is making more money hense the "loot boxes are surprise mechanics". Nhl will never be the hockey game we want as long as they are driven by in game purchases rather then high level game play.

    I look forward to your opinion when the game launches.

    Yes I remember Legends, and because I am a big offline player it made me pretty upset to learn 3 days before release that Legends were advertised but only for Online and play now.. I was even going to pre-order it if Legends were confirmed offline modes but never did and so i hesitated. I ended up buying it for almost half price a month after it released.
    That being said I was pretty satisfied with the new skating and hitting mechanics, goalies were also improved as well (once sliders were tweaked my goalies averaged 89-92% on Superstar with max AI difficulty), I fixed the tripping and ridiculous amounts of penalties with tweaking sliders, and CHEL was actually fun for me even though I'm not much of an online NHL'er.
    So to be honest, other than the Legends I was satisfied with what EA did. Especially with what has been discussed before about the team and the amount of sales and market NHL is in.

    As for EA being focused on HUT, I can say with confidence that it seems they have been focusing 50-50 or even 60-40 in favor of mechanics and new game modes. I didn't spend a single dollar in micro's and still saw quite a lot more content last year. So not going to agree with jumping on the micro bandwagon for this instance.
  • I didn't expect anything out of this reveal and still managed to get disapointed and angry. It's a shame as community is really trying to keep this series alive, but EA just can't deliver.
  • I could not agree with the above comments anymore. All correct... EA should be charging $40usd tops for this game on a yearly basis. Same game, same engine, basically the same modes, and rosters that can easily be update over the internet... as well as jerseys, and anything else. EA are thieves plain and simple.

    But EA would rather have us waste $60usd on a yearly basis for the same exact game. No thanks. NHL19 will be the last I buy as I've purchased every game since 2012 basically. Prior to that I had stopped hockey video games for awhile (besides the classics on NES/Sega).

    2K had the better of the two games in the early 2000's. I much preferred ESPN Hockey up until they literally lost the ESPN brand, up until the first year they released the game under simply 2K4 (believe Turco was on the cover). Game was destroyed, like they did it purposely... NHL2K2, 2K3 were amazing on the PS2/Xbox... everyone loved them in high school we had a blast.

    Back to EA, they made a great comeback, gave us a great game, but then do what they do best (EA that is), got lazy, decided to recycle the same game over and over thinking we wouldn't notice. I enjoyed HUT mode for about 5 minutes, believe that's the super loot bag mode where if you want to compete online you better buy $20 worth of cards and stack your roster... pathetic.

    EASHL was great the first year 5on5, was really glad when they made it 3on3... and somewhat fixed the goalies from passing the puck into their own net or having CPU defensemen pass into your own net. Loved playing with friends though... probably the best mode, most fun in a hockey game I have ever played.. even with dummies that call for passes and score on ourselves then claim they "did not call for a pass" but so be it... still fun.

    But now nobody wants to buy the new game and I am with them. These yearly sports games should not be sold for the same price as other AAA gaming titles that do not come out on a yearly basis and give us much more replay value over the years, as well as hold some "value". Really sad seeing a game you bought barely a year ago in a box at the store for $2... and if you try to trade-in you'll get 1/4 that if lucky.


    I wish everyone would stop buying EA's games, all of them, until they lower the prices... I could see Madden and FIFA going for $50-60 yearly, larger fan bases, more popularity.. especially FIFA internationally. But no thanks, not paying another $60 to play a game for a few weeks and eventually stop to play something else... at least I know with games like Dying Light, Doom '16, No Man's Sky, Diablo III.... obviously the list can go on... but at least those games cost $60 on Release, most have still held their value and several even after 5-6+ years are still incredibly fun to play with others.

    I never thought I'd be saying that Blizzard was better than anyone, but a game like Diablo III has been free since purchase, they killed the Auction House/Trading... and maybe had 1 DLC for $10 in 5+ years. Same with a few other games, rather than release a completely "new" (recycled) game like EA does with their games much like Activision does with the Call of Duty series (same damned game in a different era of war with different weapons.. that's it).

    Get it together EA, I'll gladly play Super Blood Hockey, or even resort back to NHL 95 on my Sega. I can always resort back to PS2 and ESPN NHL Hockey at home if friends are over, and most still prefer the classics over the new garbage... sorry EA but you guys are thieves plain and simple.
  • Sadly the OP is wrong. Once again. They got our money under the disguise of new innovations.....signature shots....yet to see one. New goalie Intelligence....where?....They blatantly lie and false advertise, sell games, then patch them to be identical to previous release garbage. They develop the game for the Twitch streamers, influencers, and all the psychos out there that spend $1000”s on HUT packs and that’s it. It’s a brilliant con and they will continue it as long as they get away with it.
  • If you like hockey...the game is fun. Is it perfect...no.

    Instead of going on a long rant...with no bullet points ...or clear criticism...it’s not worth it.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!