EA Forums - Banner

EA, you have failed your core community and alienated your players

Replies

  • Moxrox84
    274 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Sinbin wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Yet EASHL gets as much, if not more attention than HUT and you say this game is focused on milking it for micro transactions. The thing is, without that you wouldn't see the amount of updates this game gets year after year. There is only one way to spend extra money in this game. One. Way. That's it. More time is spent between gameplay, EASHL, Franchise Mode and presentation than there is on HUT. It's not like the game is called HUT 20. So, yeah, you don't get GM Connected or Winter Classic. That's unfortunate, but just because of that it doesn't mean EA is only focused on nickel and diming you. My god. They made HUT even require spending less money.

    In what single way does EASHL get more attention than HUT does? Last time I check HUT generates 100% more revenue than EASHL. EASHL didn’t get any improvement from 18. We still don’t have a practice mode. But yet, they still continue adding things to HUT.

    They can use EASHL as their competitive format for ESports, yet they use a Draft Champions style HUT. There “highly competitive” game mode is ignored for versus style gameplay.

    World of Chel. Threes. The new attribute system. Hockey bags, more customization, new drop-in system. All of that was reworked for 19. Yeah. It got just as much work attention as HUT it not more. HUT got more cards and new challenges and different synergies. Sure, no practice mode, but it's not the end of the world. They added more to EASHL than they did to HUT.

    The problem is, no one asked for that stuff. They pretty much ruined 6's drop in...it's a joke now. We can't see the puck in the shadows, it's hard to even make out other plays in some rinks. We have no teams to pick from...just the same 2 teams now with 3 rinks to get stuck in that are so poorly designed that I have to quit out every time the canal rink is loaded.

    Then they forced us into the clown gear which is really just an avenue to let Adidas pay them to advertise. They've honestly removed more from the drop in crowd than anywhere else in the game.
  • It is true EA made a business decision to ignore their loyal base in an effort to increase game sales by catering to younger gamers.

    By programming a game with catch up logic to keep games close, by increasing the % of success thru chaos and randomness, by making it easy to dangle/deke and cherry pick for one man show highlight reel type play.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Yet EASHL gets as much, if not more attention than HUT and you say this game is focused on milking it for micro transactions. The thing is, without that you wouldn't see the amount of updates this game gets year after year. There is only one way to spend extra money in this game. One. Way. That's it. More time is spent between gameplay, EASHL, Franchise Mode and presentation than there is on HUT. It's not like the game is called HUT 20. So, yeah, you don't get GM Connected or Winter Classic. That's unfortunate, but just because of that it doesn't mean EA is only focused on nickel and diming you. My god. They made HUT even require spending less money.

    In what single way does EASHL get more attention than HUT does? Last time I check HUT generates 100% more revenue than EASHL. EASHL didn’t get any improvement from 18. We still don’t have a practice mode. But yet, they still continue adding things to HUT.

    They can use EASHL as their competitive format for ESports, yet they use a Draft Champions style HUT. There “highly competitive” game mode is ignored for versus style gameplay.

    World of Chel. Threes. The new attribute system. Hockey bags, more customization, new drop-in system. All of that was reworked for 19. Yeah. It got just as much work attention as HUT it not more. HUT got more cards and new challenges and different synergies. Sure, no practice mode, but it's not the end of the world. They added more to EASHL than they did to HUT.

    The problem is, no one asked for that stuff. They pretty much ruined 6's drop in...it's a joke now. We can't see the puck in the shadows, it's hard to even make out other plays in some rinks. We have no teams to pick from...just the same 2 teams now with 3 rinks to get stuck in that are so poorly designed that I have to quit out every time the canal rink is loaded.

    Then they forced us into the clown gear which is really just an avenue to let Adidas pay them to advertise. They've honestly removed more from the drop in crowd than anywhere else in the game.

    THIS!!!

    I used to love playing this mode on PS3/360, but ever since the jump to current gen consoles I barely touch the mode. It's literally a circus now and it even looks the part.

    Makes me curious to know if the servers are still active for NHL 15 or Legacy on the 360.
  • If you like hockey...the game is fun. Is it perfect...no.

    Instead of going on a long rant...with no bullet points ...or clear criticism...it’s not worth it.

    I love hockey and this is not fun. Its just up and down the ice and a poor representation of the sport I love. Hockey is about board battles, loose puck scrums, net battles, and special teams all of which are glaringly absent from this series. Sure the fixed skating and shooting but this years game is a massive leap in the arcade style only direction. The “True Sim” setting sees 30+ shots a period and 3 or 4 goals a period for each team. Defense is gone and the so called “New” goalie Intelligence is nowhere to be seen. The series had potential but they’ve chosen the arcade route
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    If you like hockey...the game is fun. Is it perfect...no.

    Instead of going on a long rant...with no bullet points ...or clear criticism...it’s not worth it.

    I love hockey and this is not fun. Its just up and down the ice and a poor representation of the sport I love. Hockey is about board battles, loose puck scrums, net battles, and special teams all of which are glaringly absent from this series. Sure the fixed skating and shooting but this years game is a massive leap in the arcade style only direction. The “True Sim” setting sees 30+ shots a period and 3 or 4 goals a period for each team. Defense is gone and the so called “New” goalie Intelligence is nowhere to be seen. The series had potential but they’ve chosen the arcade route


    Board battles are boring RNG trash, Loose puck scrums anger more people than excite them with RNG trash, Net Battles are meh since they aren't useful with players usually always moving. Special teams can work great if the team you play with is great.

    If you are playing offline then just adjust the sliders to what you want for a "True Sim" because Online will never be true sim. It's not even set to the hardest difficulty for AI.

  • > @Follisimo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    > Board battles are boring RNG trash, Loose puck scrums anger more people than excite them with RNG trash, Net Battles are meh since they aren't useful with players usually always moving. Special teams can work great if the team you play with is great.
    >
    > If you are playing offline then just adjust the sliders to what you want for a "True Sim" because Online will never be true sim. It's not even set to the hardest difficulty for AI.

    I have to agree with this. I don't think NHL will ever be a true representation of what NHL hockey is like because 98 percent of the players most likely don't want to sit there and just grind out board battles and loose pucks constantly, it's just not fun at all.
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    If you like hockey...the game is fun. Is it perfect...no.

    Instead of going on a long rant...with no bullet points ...or clear criticism...it’s not worth it.

    I love hockey and this is not fun. Its just up and down the ice and a poor representation of the sport I love. Hockey is about board battles, loose puck scrums, net battles, and special teams all of which are glaringly absent from this series. Sure the fixed skating and shooting but this years game is a massive leap in the arcade style only direction. The “True Sim” setting sees 30+ shots a period and 3 or 4 goals a period for each team. Defense is gone and the so called “New” goalie Intelligence is nowhere to be seen. The series had potential but they’ve chosen the arcade route

    When you say "true sim" do you mean "Full Sim" under the Gameplay Presets and Game Style settings? If so, are you really seeing that many shots a period?
  • I don't know... Looks to me like EA has resonated with their core target audience with NHL 20. Easy to pick up, not terribly hard to succeed and get rewarded for. This game is to NHL what Beer Pong is to Table Tennis and/or Basketball (depending on how you look at it).

    Just what the community has always wanted.
  • Unfortunately they didn't add the three things I really wanted such as it being available on the PC, a GM connected mode or some sort of roster sharing/exporting ability so people could do an offline franchise. In that case I will just wait until it drops down to $10.00 - $15.00 bucks. I'm not all that disappointed because I can play 19 until that happens and just hope that NHL 21 gives us those things I am really looking for.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I don't know... Looks to me like EA has resonated with their core target audience with NHL 20. Easy to pick up, not terribly hard to succeed and get rewarded for. This game is to NHL what Beer Pong is to Table Tennis and/or Basketball (depending on how you look at it).

    Just what the community has always wanted.

    Sadly I think you are right. There are lot of people defending the North/South offense only game....I always say there is nothing wrong with liking this game but I’m shocked at the amount of people who think sim hockey is boring. Does this mean these people would like to see the NHL play this way? Just curious......maybe I’m old school because Gary Bettman has destroyed this league and EA has destroyed this game. Give me 80”s to early 90”s hockey over this wussified version Bettman and Mario have created.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I don't know... Looks to me like EA has resonated with their core target audience with NHL 20. Easy to pick up, not terribly hard to succeed and get rewarded for. This game is to NHL what Beer Pong is to Table Tennis and/or Basketball (depending on how you look at it).

    Just what the community has always wanted.

    you are right I think and purely for this reason: when you have the puck, it sucks to have it stripped from you.


    There ya go. 20 in a nutshell: "NHL 20, we have removed stripping"

    Think this sounds about right for a video game depiction of the sport. That seems to be what people want.
  • Dear EA,
    I received a letter in March that i swore was a check for playing all your sports games at a reasonably high level for so many years but i was let down. It was a happy EAster check from Grandma. I should have known you would never give back money
  • > @jake19ny said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Sadly I think you are right. There are lot of people defending the North/South offense only game....I always say there is nothing wrong with liking this game but I’m shocked at the amount of people who think sim hockey is boring. Does this mean these people would like to see the NHL play this way? Just curious......maybe I’m old school because Gary Bettman has destroyed this league and EA has destroyed this game. Give me 80”s to early 90”s hockey over this wussified version Bettman and Mario have created.

    No, I don't think anyone has said that even though I see people bringing up that argument. No one wants to see the NHL play this way but playing a video game that is an exact sim of the NHL would be extremely boring. Unfortunately, hockey just isn't one of the games that would translate well over if it was trying to be an absolutely authentic version of the real life sport. Certain sports work okay making it more authentic because of the nature of the sport and how it's played, but I highly doubt 95 percent of the people that play this want to play a game that you just tie up along the boards and board play and dump and chase and grind to get a 1-0 win. As far as 80s to 90s hockey, the sport has evolved. It's more fast paced and flashy rather than bruiser hockey and that's just how it is.
  • Look at the success and fun factor that NHL 08 thru NHL 12 had.

    vs.

    NHL 13 to the present.

    No comparison, the game was it's most popular from NHL 08 thru NHL 12.

    Make the game play more like it did in the past, you have the winning formula right there to copy.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    Look at the success and fun factor that NHL 08 thru NHL 12 had.

    vs.

    NHL 13 to the present.

    No comparison, the game was it's most popular from NHL 08 thru NHL 12.

    Make the game play more like it did in the past, you have the winning formula right there to copy.

    PREACH
  • Yikes, so glad I didn't buy this game this year.

    Have not played it, only hear from my one friend who got it that Gusev wasn't on the Devils roster.. besides that he probably doesn't notice anything because he's already quit and moved on to something else.. another reason why I stopped spending $60 for this game on a yearly basis, because all my friends and I get tired after about 3-4 weeks of it and stop playing together, then all together.

    Stinks, 19 was fun, 18 was fun, but I just know 20 will be the same game with minimal changes, things we didn't ask for.

    I prefer the EASHL mode or whatever, liked that they removed the 5on5 to allow 3on3 last year... I despite HUT mode or whichever the one was that people "Paid to Win" aka card boosts, etc.

    I'd rather go back and play ESPN Hockey 2K2/2K3.. sadly 2K destroyed that game with the version that had Marty Turco on the cover.. remember getting home and immediately returning it.. actually I did twice because the first copy was EMPTY with no disc... but I blame GameStop for that, and they almost did not believe me. Game was sealed and everything, had no disc in it when I got home lol.

    I just wish these games were $30.. maybe $40 USD tops because we all know they recycle and barely do anything new each year.. lazy EA!
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Yeah NHL 14 servers are still up so is Legacy.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    If you think EA hockey video game 18 & 19 was fun - chanses are you will like 20 too. It's basically the same game.
    Post edited by bryta47 on
  • I hope you guys get it together in time for NHL 21.

    😂😂😂😂😂
  • But they have worked on EASHL extensively for 19.

    Yeah the outdoor rinks, shadows & clown gear are definitely what they should be spending their time on.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!