EA Forums - Banner

NHL® 20 FEATURES OVERVIEW

Replies

• jrago73
    623 posts Member
    I'm all for less errant passes and an increase to game flow but at the same time we see this claim every year so I've got no expectations until we get to see it in action.
  • Follisimo
    1090 posts Member
    Imo IF and it's a big IF. But if they get this right it would be a huge change allowing for forwards to actually break free of defenders for legit breakaways. It also means cherry picking will become more of a thing and something people will have to look out for. I also feel the puck will be more magnetic to get these results to happen also.

But we have heard them talk about seemless puck pick-ups and such so many times and every time it doesn't deliver how it should. Hopefully they finally got it right.

• It would just be nice to for once have a skilled fresh skater be able to actually separate from a tired 3rd pair d man. Like there actually be a difference due to endurance let a lone skill
  • Socair wrote: »

Saw this yesterday

Was wondering if/how well it translated to human controlled goalies. They have been needing some love for quite some time now
  • kezz123
    613 posts Member
    Socair wrote: »

Sounds familiar. Like if this was advertised each year.

Im actually a fan of the opposite of this feature. The "stronger" you make the AI goalies, the cheesier the gameplay ends up being and the more random the goals are scored. I miss the days of crap goalies that made you go WOW when they made a good save instead of the age of spiderman goalies that makes you go WOW when they dont make a godly save. I miss scoring in many ways instead of fishing for the same 1-2 goals all game or throwing all sort of trash mindlessly at the net waiting for that random goal.

I also miss when human goalies were actually better than AI and more fun to play.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    If only goalies could control the deflection of those rebounds...
  • Isn't bragging about "Goalie Intelligence" in Arcade Pond Hockey 20 kind of an oxymoron?
  • Oslik1000
    465 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »

Sounds familiar. Like if this was advertised each year.

Im actually a fan of the opposite of this feature. The "stronger" you make the AI goalies, the cheesier the gameplay ends up being and the more random the goals are scored. I miss the days of crap goalies that made you go WOW when they made a good save instead of the age of spiderman goalies that makes you go WOW when they dont make a godly save. I miss scoring in many ways instead of fishing for the same 1-2 goals all game or throwing all sort of trash mindlessly at the net waiting for that random goal.

I also miss when human goalies were actually better than AI and more fun to play.

Amen +1
    At the offline season mode there is the best of goalies work what I seen from 1991
    FinalGoldenSliders+tuner1.02 is the best choice if you want to see the best EA's work.
    I did spend so many time with sliders if goalies still not covered rebounds puck enough.
    The final resolve was shot speed slider decreased from 50 to 35!
    Goalie's saves are definitely the best of EA's did until now. Yes, it is still not perfect with some animation are very bad connect together sometimes. Especially when the goalie is cover the puck after 180 degree move his head going through the net. it is really annoying move :)
    But the positions, reactions, saves speed, move at the crease looks so fantastic live.
    Goalies at the nhl19 was the main thing give the EA's next chance...

Unfortunately I must agree with every topic at this thread the same. Goalies are doing very little some bugs! it is not real. There is only few moments when goalie make a mistake save. There is ton of moments when goalie do save or not without any miss reaction.
    We need more "the miss" effect to the game implement. Esspecialy at the crease.
    The puck is not live at the crease. There is any barrier effect at the crease too much visible. The puck is awaiting for any goalie reaction long time.

Ok, if EA can not do programm for better physics of the puck? Because there no news about it. They can do "no magnet slider" for goalie save. If this slider will be on 0 the goalie will not make a perfect save on the first round. The puck will be still live for any opotunities of rebounds.

edit: do not understand me wrong. I speak about +10% more to increase the "miss the perfect save". It does not mean every time!
    Again, I love how goalies at the nhl19 are working. There is very good mix on my open season, sometimes score 7:6 ot is not impossible. The same as shootout.

• Ok tomorrow...

I am still not happy if these news are bet.
    I was playing two great offline matches now. It was my 250th game this year.
    The passes are not broken enough for any brutal assault input.
    Players are not without any move enough for any new animation connect too.
    Goalies are not so bad enough for any new logic. The new AI logic sounds as more complex problem with stability at the future time. Will be this functional if previous game is not repaired enough?

What new we can see on trailer? Absolutely nothing new, I think. Goalies will do a save against onetimer quicker? Who care.
    Pick-ups you can made from your leg to the stick upfront, with hand up to down, use stick as bat, and more? What you can do for any pick-up more?

Yes,of course, I want see a bring new trailer how goalie is not do up move if puck is under him! Why goalie do a quick up move and down move after this again? Because the choice is very bad programmed. Ok it is better than last year. Thank you EA, I am a customer, It is my money for better game. It must be a better game if I must buy it again. Logic.

EA has no problem made in a new animation. EA has problem do choice which animation is usseless at the same time!

More animations to connect = more choices = more trailers from the Beta game?

At the trailer we can see fragments only the same as before 27 years....
    It is not gameplay. It is absolutely nothing about any improve, I think.

Ok EA, listen: Make any trailer with compare this same situation from nhl19! Do compare absolutely the same situation with the same CAM position replay. It is fair.

• Goalies should be more affected of contacts... They should fly in to the net if player skates and crashing to the net with aggression. It was on NHL 14 where you did saw this happening and more authentic collision with goalies, even mask flew away sometimes. Also goalies should have visible injuries during games.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    So theres some kind of reveal today?
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

Yea! Honestly can't wait. The tweets have alluded to some good depth to the information we'll get.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

Yea! Honestly can't wait. The tweets have alluded to some good depth to the information we'll get.

Indeed. I believe there should also be a gameplay trailer.
  • Jeff_frm_Edmonds
    797 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

Indeed. I believe there should also be a gameplay trailer.

i saw a trailer last night (Monday) at the Xbox Store. when i booted up after work my Pre-order said it was ready and when i clicked on it it lead me to the trailer. it was just a bunch of hype and nothing blew me away with the few clips of game play.

i don't think i'd seen it before but if that was it, it was a tad weak.
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    FearfulHappyEidolonhelvum-max-1mb.gif

LA-LA-LA-LA!
  • jrago73
    623 posts Member
    I never get my Hope's up on the trailers or the first "gameplay" video, I'm a seasoned vet now lol.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    if goalies can deflect shots like that and cover the puck better as in the trailer, then that's a thumbs up. Hard to say anything about the transitions and shooting, didn't really get a much of an impression...