EA Forums - Banner

What the point of getting a good team in hut

Prev13
pjbonus69
1 posts New member
Whats the point of getting a good team in hut some guy with gold base cards and a better connection to ea cheap servers just flying around your 99s this game a joke im done with it im done being a ea lil sucker

Replies

• Kingpn69
    31 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    See my “can someone explain to me” thread. Im running into the same problem.

Today it was level 80’s beating my guys to the puck. (By miles with fresh lines)

Then I played teams more matched to me and my players were flying. (So was theirs) it was the way it was supposed to be.

I absolutely love hockey but this game makes me want to throw my controller. I want to lose because I played poorly, not because I’m handicapped. I grind coins and that takes a lot of my time and I deserve to be rewarded with speed for my 99’s. (So does the pay for packs people)

This is why I suggested in another thread that we need a speed play option.

3 min periods, 2 15 sec pauses, no presentations or cut scenes, no replays, no 30 sec intermissions. Nothing more irritating when people don’t press the A button. It drags the game out for nothing. People can play the normal mode if they want that stuff.

No need for handicapping. Then if you get blown out, you don’t need to quit and lose your 20 contracts for nothing, the game will be over quick and you move on. Now when you or you blow someone out, it takes forever to finish a game because they get pis sy and let it go through replays.

Unless I’m missing something here, get speed play in, let the stats to each card actually play like the stats and I bet you have a better experience. Bar none.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.
  • People keep saying its connection based for accuracy...i really dont know. ..all i know is this game is so inconsistent and needs alot of improvement and i have 700 hut wins. The only thing making me happy right now is 97 bishop and 99 tuukka rask..finally some consistent goalies that make saves and dont give up hardly any fluke goals.
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    It's happening more and more lately
  • Kingpn69
    31 posts Member
    I just finished playing a team of all 99’s (including Mario and Lemieux) and my skaters were playing the way they should be but the opponents were not. I won 3-1, and this wasn’t about skill.

A team of 100% 99’s should kill me and I would accept that cause they either paid or grinder their way to that accomplishment.

Like I have always said, I’m 100% honest in my queries and answers. My team was playing like superstars and his were not. I actually felt sorry for the opponent just like I’m frustrated when I play lower teams.

I’m not an idiot here. Something is definitely wrong. I don’t want to name the team just in case it violates rules.
  • TreborMalkin
    272 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I believe you King I have faced the same issues. I am 97 overall played a team with a base bishop put 33 shots on him he put 6 on me I lost 2-1. Next game played a full 99 team with the 95 bishop I won 4-1. The one timers the base bishop saved the upgraded one didn’t the AI defense around the base bishop was crazy aggressive the upgraded bishop wasn’t so aggressive.

There is a difference in play but the only explanation is your ping rate changes from game to game because it can’t be anything that’s in the game.
  • I believe you King I have faced the same issues. I am 97 overall played a team with a base bishop put 33 shots on him he put 6 on me I lost 2-1. Next game played a full 99 team with the 95 bishop I won 4-1. The one timers the base bishop saved the upgraded one didn’t the AI defense around the base bishop was crazy aggressive the upgraded bishop wasn’t so aggressive.

There is a difference in play but the only explanation is your ping rate changes from game to game because it can’t be anything that’s in the game.

Ping times will certainly make a difference. The two players using different defensive strategies would explain the different levels of defensive AI aggressiveness you saw.
  • My ping rate is the same and consistent game to game. What isn’t is my AI it sometimes buys a ticket and popcorn and others plays.
  • I’ve won over 500 games this was against an all silver team. 69 overall goalie. Explain to me no tilt.
  • Screen shot eitpc483k0xc.jpg
  • That’s a 50% face off rate with lemieux Malkin messier and Sakic. 3 99 overall centers. Again tell me there is no adjustments. This is why I will not get nhl 20. That team beat me up and down the ice. No way silver players have 99 speed.
  • This happens. 7jcfezx3tj5k.jpg
  • Same ping same player holding the controller that beat a 99 khudobin 8-2
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    This happens. 7jcfezx3tj5k.jpg

Let me guess he didn't play his own d and his goalie stood on his head
  • No the player I played was skilled his AI D was in the lane and aggressive the whole game. The 4 goals he scored were on break away situations where the silver player left my 99 speed D like they were 9. I get the same quality of shots in 95% of my games some more attempts than others. I had at least 10 one timers saved like it was Bishop in net. Either way you can’t tell me a goalie with mid 60-70 skills is as good as a goalie with 90+ skills without some type of adjustment.
  • TreborMalkin
    272 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Oh and as a side bar the 4 penalties I was called for were goalie interference penalties on cross ice passes where my players missed the one timer, not the shot but whiffed on the attempt.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    I removed the last few posts here as they were calling out other players. Please don’t “single out” groups based on where they live or make broad implications. It only leads to derailing the thread.
  • Socair wrote: »
    I removed the last few posts here as they were calling out other players. Please don’t “single out” groups based on where they live or make broad implications. It only leads to derailing the thread.

Then can you answer how a silver goalie plays better than a 97 bishop?
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Socair wrote: »

I don’t play HUT enough to know, but is it consistent? Last time I played HUT online, my 87 overall team (I think my goalie is a base Talbot) was destroyed by a guy with a ton of high cards in CS. And I don’t consider myself a poor player. I’ve never been the beneficiary of this low card boost.

Fluke bounces bad decisions aside, it’s all connection related. See it constantly in EASHL. Can’t pick up loose pucks, get beat to the puck, whiffing and missing shots, etc...while other team is flying around us with ease and getting everything going their way. Nothing to do with how good your internet is, how fast it is, just proximity and cleaner connection to the server you happen to be on.
  • j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    edited July 2019

I don’t play HUT enough to know, but is it consistent? Last time I played HUT online, my 87 overall team (I think my goalie is a base Talbot) was destroyed by a guy with a ton of high cards in CS. And I don’t consider myself a poor player. I’ve never been the beneficiary of this low card boost.

Fluke bounces bad decisions aside, it’s all connection related. See it constantly in EASHL. Can’t pick up loose pucks, get beat to the puck, whiffing and missing shots, etc...while other team is flying around us with ease and getting everything going their way. Nothing to do with how good your internet is, how fast it is, just proximity and cleaner connection to the server you happen to be on.
    This. This. This.

No ice tilt.

No DDA.

THIS.

• So is there a way to pick servers you are on. I know in some of the PvP shooters I play on it allows you to pick the server and you can see the connection. I always have full bars etc. you would think a player getting a boost because he or she has a better server connection is the same as tilt. I travel almost every week for work and play on multiple connections etc does the server randomize is it just one server for all of the us/Canada etc? The point of playing online is to challenge and play other players to gauge how well you built your team and how well your skills have progressed as a player. Not because you have a closer and cleaner connection. If that was the case we could just have ping battles and simulate the match.