EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - Deep dive

Follow Gurn Sumal, game modes producer for NHL 20 on his deep dive, check it out & discuss it here.

What Has you sold on NHL20??

Prev1
absolutely nothing. Tell me a new feature you can’t wait to try. Same ol song and dance just updated cards and same game play and no adjustment to the fight we have been enduring for the last 6 years

Replies

• I'll be buying day one as i have for the last 14 years. I don't need any reinventing the wheel or new features. I haven't had any game breaking problems, so i haven't had a reason to not buy it.

For me to not get it, they'd have to remove eashl, VS, and hut. Take those modes away, and i have zero reason to buy it.
  • I'm curious to see the improvements they say they are making to the goalies
  • Kingpn69
    14 posts Member
    edited July 4
    The fact that I have no other choice. I took advantage of the 20% off and I accept it.

Sorry but I don’t lie. That is the honest truth. There are no new features that excite me at all. I’m just hoping that the this transition to the new ps5 or Xbox 2 is a way better improvement then the last one.

I do hope they start treating NHL like they do Madden or FIFA for the single player HUT. They have mobile apps for auction, single player stories and such in depth solo play. I play these all just for the in depth HUT solo challenges and games.

The biggest thing I want to see from EA, please start utilizing the be a pro player into every format of each game.

Why the hell cant I use my BAP player online/offline in HUT, GM mode, etc etc. This would make be a pro worth it.

Be a pro should be the main player for each option in each sport.

Oh and where is a first person view? Imaging being a Qb, Running back, soccer player or NHL Goalie in first person view. That would just be awesome!!!!!!
  • MikeyAU630
    153 posts Member
    edited July 4
    The only thing that interested me in the new goalie AI, which could be better (I hope so) or could be worse.

I'll wait until I play the beta to decide whether to pre-order, even if that means missing out on the 20% off.
  • ShutterxDown
    1 posts New member
    edited July 5
    If they could make your reward packs sell-able, that'd make me want to get it....... but these rewards are crap when you keep getting duplicates and cant do anything with them.

[Removed profanity]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Its too bad nhl dosent get the same attention as madden and fifa. Hockey is great. I would pre order super early if mlb the show game makers were making the game though.
    Guys lets not forget the beta we played for 19 is not the current gameplay. ....so even if you try out the beta you might end up with an updated rosters nhl 19 when its all said and done.
    Just sayin.....
  • Its too bad nhl dosent get the same attention as madden and fifa. Hockey is great. I would pre order super early if mlb the show game makers were making the game though.
    Guys lets not forget the beta we played for 19 is not the current gameplay. ....so even if you try out the beta you might end up with an updated rosters nhl 19 when its all said and done.
    Just sayin.....

You sir are correct , the beta was actually better than what we have now ,in my opinion
  • Announcing situation is horrid. Why did they ever get rid of doc emetics and eddie
  • reengerg wrote: »
    Announcing situation is horrid. Why did they ever get rid of doc emetics and eddie
    Too many complaints about "stale" commentary.

Personally, I've never muted the commentary since 06, and didn't get bored of either. I do prefer the older duo though.
  • EA as soon as I see something I like about the beta I’ll let you know. So far in my opinion it’s absolutely horrid. So you have had a small army of people coming in everyday for a year and this mess is what you come up with?
  • One-timers are more op than ever, circle around in the corner is just as dumb as ever, no use trying to hit someone in defensive zone because most of the times I try to hit someone in defensive zone I almost always gets scored on. Goalies seems horrible bad and gameplay seemed awkward even though it might be something to get used to.

That's just my impression after one game when I played against someone that I felt sorry for after he disconnected after I made 10-1

No use starting playing late if ultimate hockey team is still there because having a bad team is just not fun to have. It just pissed me of the last game I played last year in 19 when someone just skated into my zone and fired at the blue line and scored 7 goals
  • If they don’t fix inconsistencies nothing has me sold. One game with a 43 ping I fly around the ice next game with a 16 like I’m in mud.
  • Dixonyu
    649 posts Member
    The fact that it's the only hockey game and if I want to play hockey with friends or in one of the many leagues people have created , I have to ... I have no choice ...

Ea and the devs are well aware of my complaints , and what doesn't make it feel so bad, is it does take years , but many of my suggestions are being implemented... So it's every slowly headed in the right direction but like ten years behind.
  • This will actually be the first year I will not purchase the game. I will wait for EA access. Too many disappointments for me. It's funny too because I love hockey.and EA has sullied the game
  • loki8457
    1 posts New member
    NOTHING cancelled purchase, EA doesn't improve anything. CHEL play online, if too many players quit, whatever happened is discarded, constant bad players ruining the game, i have gigabit speed and servers are ridiculously slow, all that paired with the fact you stats don't load when game is over, even if you want to report poor sportsmanship, YOU CAN'T. So yeah, sonce i only play NHL on my XBOX one, I'm most likely going to get rid of the console. EA clearly doesn't care.
  • TreborMalkin
    256 posts Member
    edited August 14
    Honestly nothing it’s the same game that encourages ragging and figure skating I’m playing out 19 and then I’m done. I have played this everyday since the release. All it has become is spam lift and poke chop puck. AI swarms I played a game second period down 6. He stops playing AI keeps lifting taking the puck I make it 6-5 next face off he skates bent over goal. 7-5. I make it 7-6. Next play he skates through 3 defenders keeps the puck opposite blue line goal. I lost 8-7. This game since the release of the beta has become nothing but tagging and It’s not fun. Thanks for while it lasted I’m done EA.
    Post edited by TreborMalkin on
  • I cancelled my pre order to much DDA and it's becoming so blatantly obvious in this last month
  • I definitely agree worker66. I’m playing guys who have bronze and silver players who are faster than my 99s with great connection of 27 all game and yet they skate with my guys stride for stride and bet me to loose pucks. Something is definitely going on the past 2 weeks and it’s for sure.
  • Tony I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this garbage
  • EA_Roger
    1348 posts Community Manager