EA Forums - Banner

Button Delay

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with their connection on the (dedicated servers) cough***
this past 3 weeks have been kinda brutal, i cant even play hut during the day cause the button delay is soooo bad..

Replies

• can now add getting knocked off the servers while trying to play, so much fun whooopie
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Have you restarted your internet and console?
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    I do get button delay from time to time, some days worse than others, I have never verified it was on a dedicated server. I just chalked it up to another problem with 19
  • I'll get button delay and I've found the only way to remove the problem is to uninstall and reinstall NHL 19. I don't understand why that works but it does.
  • Kuus2
    221 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Wanna drive your opponents mad? Hold down the tie-up button every time you’re near their controlled player.

Works especially well if you are both chasing the puck. Most likely they won’t be able to pick up the puck.
  • Everyone with button delay. Assuming it's not just because of latency/ping, have you put your tv into game mode?

It might help.
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    Everyone with button delay. Assuming it's not just because of latency/ping, have you put your tv into game mode?

It might help.

That's what I thought at first was latency, but the game itself plays fine. no lag or anything else noticeable. It also seems to happen only in the offensive zone. TV is always in game mode. It's weird, maybe it's a connection issue in the long run.
  • The control lag seems independent of the reported ping. You will also see this control lag in the versus menus when editing your lines or changing strategies before a game.