EA Forums - Banner

How to deflect a shot

dougboy90
8 posts New member
I often launch slapshots toward the goal with the hopes that one of my guys will deflect the puck in. They don't seem to have much success. Any tips for make this play work better?

Replies

• B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited July 2019
    Shoot mid / low height. Aiming top corner is rarely gonna be tipped.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • Might be completely unrelated, but I find I get more deflections while holding LT(L1 for ps4?), and continue to hold it after the shot. Where I'm aiming the LS seems to be where the shot gets deflected to.
  • barrett098
    428 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    pray to the rng gods. same goes for goalies that want to save deflections.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Shoot mid / low height. Aiming top corner is rarely gonna be tipped.

I also try to aim at one of my players near the net instead of trying to hit the net. Seem to get more success by aiming at my players or at least closer to them.
  • Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    The AI doesn't look for tips, they don't have any intellegence about them ... Best you can do is set them to crash the net and hope , or if it's be a pro, slap passes ...
  • dougboy90
    8 posts New member
    I disagree. My players often tip the shots I fire in. But they're only occasionally successful which is why I was hoping to get some suggestions about how to improve the play.
  • Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    dougboy90 wrote: »
    I disagree. My players often tip the shots I fire in. But they're only occasionally successful which is why I was hoping to get some suggestions about how to improve the play.

I answered your question ... The AI has no logic or real strategies ... They're brainless drones wandering aimlessly chasing around this little round black thing