EA Forums - Banner

Auction House

9f3738k3t8mx.jpg
a9pj8kw7j4js.jpg
09wbwuuocwmc.jpg
I dont care for players that put cards out on auction like this. Its just disgusting that EA allows this. Its evident that the player cards are nowhere near what they are posted for, so why is it allowed. You never know what could happen to have these auctions go through. A drop of your controller or anything could happen. Greed is so appalling on here. Ive seen players auctioning off more then twenty 99 rated players during the same auction window. These cards need to have a buy now limit only on it and the values need to be set by EA and not greedy players on here

Replies

• MikeyAU630
    295 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    When people list worthless items for huge amounts like this, it's usually either done to move coins between multiple accounts, or to give coins to a friend. Or to move items between accounts (or to someone else) by trade.
  • So we can have multiple accounts
  • MikeyAU630 wrote: »
    When people list worthless items for huge amounts like this, it's usually either done to move coins between multiple accounts, or to give coins to a friend. Or to move items between accounts (or to someone else) by trade.

Yeah it is sometimes just someone hoping for a misclick (that would be at least 3 or 4 misclicks *and* having that many coins on hand though, so...) but Mikey is right 95% of the time this would be players buying or selling coins through unregg'ed sites (against ToS) or transfers amongst friends and mates (also against ToS).

I get that I may catch flack for speaking publicly about this but that's my nature so here goes:

1) I am a market purist, and there are few markets that have ever existed in the world (say, current US Stock Market) that were ever close to pure. Ultimate Team Auctions across platforms and games (and therefore production houses) are not on that short list (not a knock on them, actually).

2) I do take issue with the current setup with such a large portion of this year's player pool having engaged in coin buying and having now the tough choice of which 4th line 99 to replace for their new 99. I have said all along I think better drops/odds from store (and/or reward) packs is *part* of a better solution than what you propose. 8 months into Madden you could buy a few of the "Premium" Store packs and easily nab a 98/99 Legend like Vick. Used as a comparative tool here.

3) What you *should not* want to see is your proposed Buy Now Limits. First, they have that in Fifa. Second, the NHL19 house also makes Fifa (and sorry EAC team, but) not much else. They could easily make it so that on Day 1 (9/10/19) your Buy Now Limit on an 80-83 Gold Rare Player Card is 10,000 coins. Maybe 20,000. First, you are then trying to "fix" one market impurity with another. Price Floors and Ceilings are bad irl and in digital markets. Second, at least in FIFA19, especially if you drop something in the market for 3 days, a lot can change between now and then... Especially with Squad Building which is coming to NHL20. So all the flipsters jump online to nab all those 78 ovr Gold Common Gabriel Borques for super cheap once the card becomes key for a SBC or the like but no dice. Their market is dynamic and suddenly has a new price floor limiting how low you can snag it for. Does this at least make buying 10s of millions of FUT coins more difficult? Sure. Has the illegal coin selling transfer market dried up as a result? Quite the contrary.

...People rarely think their quick thoughts all the way through to their natural conclusion seeing any let alone all unintended consequences. One could hardly be faulted for doing so on a forum for a sports simulation that has less than 2 momths of runtime left... But it caught my eye and I felt compelled to speak on the other side(s) of the concern.
  • CoolFin20 wrote: »
    MikeyAU630 wrote: »

Yeah it is sometimes just someone hoping for a misclick (that would be at least 3 or 4 misclicks *and* having that many coins on hand though, so...) but Mikey is right 95% of the time this would be players buying or selling coins through unregg'ed sites (against ToS) or transfers amongst friends and mates (also against ToS).

I get that I may catch flack for speaking publicly about this but that's my nature so here goes:

1) I am a market purist, and there are few markets that have ever existed in the world (say, current US Stock Market) that were ever close to pure. Ultimate Team Auctions across platforms and games (and therefore production houses) are not on that short list (not a knock on them, actually).

2) I do take issue with the current setup with such a large portion of this year's player pool having engaged in coin buying and having now the tough choice of which 4th line 99 to replace for their new 99. I have said all along I think better drops/odds from store (and/or reward) packs is *part* of a better solution than what you propose. 8 months into Madden you could buy a few of the "Premium" Store packs and easily nab a 98/99 Legend like Vick. Used as a comparative tool here.

3) What you *should not* want to see is your proposed Buy Now Limits. First, they have that in Fifa. Second, the NHL19 house also makes Fifa (and sorry EAC team, but) not much else. They could easily make it so that on Day 1 (9/10/19) your Buy Now Limit on an 80-83 Gold Rare Player Card is 10,000 coins. Maybe 20,000. First, you are then trying to "fix" one market impurity with another. Price Floors and Ceilings are bad irl and in digital markets. Second, at least in FIFA19, especially if you drop something in the market for 3 days, a lot can change between now and then... Especially with Squad Building which is coming to NHL20. So all the flipsters jump online to nab all those 78 ovr Gold Common Gabriel Borques for super cheap once the card becomes key for a SBC or the like but no dice. Their market is dynamic and suddenly has a new price floor limiting how low you can snag it for. Does this at least make buying 10s of millions of FUT coins more difficult? Sure. Has the illegal coin selling transfer market dried up as a result? Quite the contrary.

...People rarely think their quick thoughts all the way through to their natural conclusion seeing any let alone all unintended consequences. One could hardly be faulted for doing so on a forum for a sports simulation that has less than 2 momths of runtime left... But it caught my eye and I felt compelled to speak on the other side(s) of the concern.

Very valid points you have. Ive been between NHL and FIFA for over 15 years and FIFA was annoying too. Since the buy now limits, yes the starting buy now will be high to begin with, but once the game has settled in for a bit then youll see those values curve back down. I understand why its coin selling and multiple accounts because EA makes it difficult and expensive for players to get what they like on the game. Its ridiculous how difficult it is to even sell players. The form of this market just seems as if it invites more greed into play. In the buy now only auctions, the greed is a bit less evident. Thanks for your top class reply
  • CoolFin20 wrote: »
    MikeyAU630 wrote: »

Very valid points you have. Ive been between NHL and FIFA for over 15 years and FIFA was annoying too. Since the buy now limits, yes the starting buy now will be high to begin with, but once the game has settled in for a bit then youll see those values curve back down. I understand why its coin selling and multiple accounts because EA makes it difficult and expensive for players to get what they like on the game. Its ridiculous how difficult it is to even sell players. The form of this market just seems as if it invites more greed into play. In the buy now only auctions, the greed is a bit less evident. Thanks for your top class reply

@EA_Roger et. al. FYI I have never met the account holder who's reply to my reply I have quoted here above...

Maybe it is just me, but feels like *someone* in this thread deserves a look for a contract fill-in for this role here:
    https://ea.gr8people.com/index.gp?method=cappportal.showJob&layoutid=2092&inp1541=&opportunityid=156264&sid=https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
    :smiley::wink: