EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

why

Prev1
dustmann
108 posts Member

Replies

• This happens all the time. They've built the game around puck handlers always maintaining the puck. I see this a lot as a D man squaring up against forwards coming down the ice. They'll skate right into me and maintain the puck. Again, this game is built around giving gratification to forwards to keep the puck. There is no penalty for mishandling.
  • dustmann
    108 posts Member
    that's illogical.
    As you can see, the CPU player has an advantage.
  • dustmann
    108 posts Member
    edited July 16
    I am a simple user who plays mediocre.
    I play ice hockey NHL 11.
    I also played online in NHL 14/15 and got to league 2.
    I play 99% HUT Offline mode.

Playing ice hockey was fun, but not so much.
    - Players do not respond to the puck
    - Players can not pass or accept passports
    - The response time is too long, if you look at the CPU player
    - I have a 99 player, who has speed 99, I still have BU +3, S +2 enabled, but in the game itself, this player hardly comes off the mark, on the contrary, in some games he is slower than a player with speed 82nd
  • NHLDev
    1314 posts NHL Developer
    I am not sure what is being showcased here. In both cases the player lost the puck from incidental contact but because the player that caused the incidental contact just skated through, they weren't in a position to pickup the puck. Due to that, it was only the original puck carrier that attempted to regain control before losing it again to incidental contact as the player skated back through their stick again, disrupting possession.
  • dustmann wrote: »
    that's illogical.
    Lol, don’t skate right into the AI and this won’t happen, what makes you think you should have kept the puck in that video?
  • dustmann
    108 posts Member
    No matter who does what, but you can not beat a club through the legs of a player.
    If my player does that, the opponent falls down and I get 2 minutes for leg.
  • dustmann
    108 posts Member

here the same, the opponent does not get here 2 minutes because of leg
  • dustmann
    108 posts Member
    xPDogg65x wrote: »
    dustmann wrote: »
    that's illogical.
    Lol, don’t skate right into the AI and this won’t happen, what makes you think you should have kept the puck in that video?

who says I should keep the puck?
    that was not my concern.

Please read first, then answers
    Thank you
    xPDogg65x wrote: »
    that's illogical.

who says I should keep the puck?
    that was not my concern.

Please read first, then answers
    Thank you

To be fair, even the dev who actually makes the game is not sure where yo uare going, or which point you are trying to make.

In fact, even I do not know what point you are trying to make. So please, don't feel offended and explain exactly the issue. I know english isn't your main language, but I will do my best to help you if I can.
  • dustmann
    108 posts Member
    Hello
    I translate with Google Translate, sorry.
    My concern is that the opponent hits his player's legs with his racket and nothing happens. Also, watch the other video.
    When my player grabs the legs of the cpu player I get 2 min for leg pose.

The CPU player will not be punished, but I will
    Hello
    I translate with Google Translate, sorry.
    My concern is that the opponent hits his player's legs with his racket and nothing happens. Also, watch the other video.
    When my player grabs the legs of the cpu player I get 2 min for leg pose.

The CPU player will not be punished, but I will

So in the first clip, yes the CPU's stick goes through your legs. However, the CPU is essentially doing a 'pickup' animation which is NOT triggered by an input and therefor does not result in a penalty even if the stick clips through your legs.

In the second clip - it's much the same thing except the CPU nudges you off the puck with incidental contact. When this happens, the stick does not interact with your legs and simply goes through them. Although this looks like the CPU is getting away with tripping, they have not attempted a poke check in either videos.
  • dustmann
    108 posts Member

can just accept the puck
  • dustmann
    108 posts Member
    edited July 19
    Hello

I see it differently.
    There are a lot of hidden bugs in the game.
    - Each time my player runs to Puck, he stops for a moment, then keeps running, but then the opponent is already at the puck
    - I want to match X, but do not go, player is free
    -I want to shoot, do not go, player is free

I do not know if your gamer in US has a different game play than in the rest of the world.

:-)

[Socair - edited to remove legal talk]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • darkop28
    36 posts Member
    edited July 20
    Hello

I see it differently.
    There are a lot of hidden bugs in the game.
    - Each time my player runs to Puck, he stops for a moment, then keeps running, but then the opponent is already at the puck
    - I want to match X, but do not go, player is free
    -I want to shoot, do not go, player is free

I do not know if your gamer in US has a different game play than in the rest of the world.

:-)

[Socair - edited to remove legal talk]

I totally agree. I have been playing this franchise for many many years. I used to preorder and buy NHL series on a yearly basis but all that changed after NHL 08. I recuse to buy anything by EA I just get it for free otherwise I never would have continued playing it. This has become the biggest garbage of the franchise where you have so many problems that were put in the game on purpose. They have to make people spend money somehow.

Why is it that:
    -as soon as I am up by one or two goals my passing rarely goes in the direction I aimed it in
    - my passer/shooter waits to be hit so it lags in commands,
    - as soon as I get the puck my own AI teammate skates into me (it happens every time I pick up the puck from opposing AI)
    - opposing AI has no problem pokechecking and succeeding on the first try regardless of how far they qre
    - opposing AI can block, pickup, hook up and or lift my stick from a very far distance
    - I never get the same kind of support from my AI teammates unlike the opposing AI
    - if I try to poke check or even breath I get a penalty where as opposing AI will make the puck go over the boards and not get called on a penalty, but even when they ram my players head first into the boards from behind (I got called for game misconduct when I did the exact same play)
    - regardless of what I do to the settings it is always the same result to which my players never benefit from only the opposing AI does
    - I'll average 39 shots per game yet ill score maybe 3 goals if I am lucky, while the AI team will average 14 shots with 5-6 goals per game (my goalie never responds the same way as the opposing AI regardless who I play as)
    - if my poke check does work the puck goes back to the opposing AI anyway
    - completed passes if and when they go to the intended target will make you feel like its Christmas due to the poor gameplay
    - better yet how I am unable to pick up the puck even though I am right over top of it while opposing AI can pick it up from 40' away

Every time I had sent something in to the devs they brushed it off and ignored it. Years before they would just argue how "players just don't know how to play the game" which has been disproved by them with the release of the next years game, many times over.

This is only a fraction of the issues with the last installment which has been only getting worse. I am so glad I have stopped buying this garbage. Just because EA puts something back into the game does not make it "new" feature because it is not. The laziness and the greed coming from EA is beyond ridiculous. They know exactly why they are getting so much hate. When they stop treating their fanbase like "unintelligent morons" and stop calling the true fans "haters" because EA can't handle constructive criticism, they need to focus on making actually good games.

You can bet I will not be buying NHL20, their gameplay and creativity just keeps going down the drain so why would it be any different this year. I can only imagine how much worse it will be. Maybe it's time for the franchise to go to someone else who will actually take time and pride into creating and giving us something really special.

Never before have I played a more unbalance game, as well as where hard work and the settings mean absolutely nothing.
  • dustmann
    108 posts Member

is the problem known?

is the problem known?

Since you provided the video, it is obvious it exists, but I have never seen this in a game personally. Therefore, it has to happen very rarely. I assume it is a slight desync between gameplay and server. So essentially, the goalie makes the save, but the animation makes it look like the puck hit a barrier instead of the goalie because the server cannot catch up the the animation and make it look synced.

I'm not a programmer, but seems a logical assumption to me.

• dustmann
    108 posts Member
    Hello
    I do not think so, that it is a conflict of the server and animation.
    There are too many such mistakes that occur in the game.
    Alone, that the CPU player, even if he first touches the puck with his hockey stick, then leads in the course of the hockey stick through the legs of my player and nothing happens. If this happens to my player, the CPU immediately falls on the ice and gets 2 min due to leg.
    Also, my players who have a total value of 99, Speed ​​99 plus Synergy BU + S are slower than players with a speed of 85.
    Also the logical thinking of my AI players is a joke
    Players wahlos on the ice, although my players are all top players from total value 90.

Although many think that the game is going to run as the user plays behind the controller, I find it wrong
    - I can not help it if my teammates do not react and just leave the puck and run away from the puck.
    - if my player does not react, if I want to pass or shoot.
    - If my player just does not sprint or run
    - Sometimes my teammate just pokes in the passport, so that he changes the puck course and the opponent gets the puck, which is nonsense in the case

It is a pity, because playing ice hockey is actually fun, but unfortunately not in this case anymore

I play ice hockey NHL11
  • dustmann
    108 posts Member

As you can see here I fit behind the opponent, see pass arrow, but the pass goes as 90% to the runners of the opponent
  • G1ll1es
    38 posts Member
    [quote="NHLDev;c-2077234"]I am not sure what is being showcased here. In both cases the player lost the puck from incidental contact but because the player that caused the incidental contact just skated through, they weren't in a position to pickup the puck. Due to that, it was only the original puck carrier that attempted to regain control before losing it again to incidental contact as the player skated back through their stick again, disrupting possession.[/quote]

Uhm no. This is an entire sequence of glitches and lack of player interaction depth. Ive been in that situation so many times in nhl 19.. 20.. 18.. Etc..

The problem is not the human control its the a.i that chooses which action to take and when and complete lack of user control for stick lifts tie ups puck grabs etc etc..
  • G1ll1es
    38 posts Member
    [quote="dustmann;c-2078956"]
    As you can see here I fit behind the opponent, see pass arrow, but the pass goes as 90% to the runners of the opponent[/quote]

Honestly keep these videos coming.. Please. These need to be showcased daily in order to get these things fixed.. Especially how horrible the animations look for what EA is describing why these things happen.

Way to often in online vs and even offline.. The passing is just bad. Pucks get picked off all the time when they shouldnt have been... Right to the other players stick.. So I am either amazing at hitting my players stick.. Or the opponents stick.. Tape to tape for a perfect transition for the other team. Its non sense and needs to stop.