EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

New Presentation

13Next

Replies

• Please get rid of all the over the top flashy stuff, especially that strobe effect on the PP screen. It is very distracting and hard on the eyes.

And let us move the score bar to the top!
  • Oshimai wrote: »
    My favourite part of the new presentation are the plays of the period/game. It's a nice touch to see a mix of hits/saves/goals highlighted in every game.

Really good step forward here.

It's been the same since forever in the series... Which mode you talking about?
  • MaxPac67 wrote: »
    Please get rid of all the over the top flashy stuff, especially that strobe effect on the PP screen. It is very distracting and hard on the eyes.

It is not at the full version? Do you mean the scoreboard is still on the bottom only???
  • Oslik1000 wrote: »
    MaxPac67 wrote: »
    Please get rid of all the over the top flashy stuff, especially that strobe effect on the PP screen. It is very distracting and hard on the eyes.

It is not at the full version? Do you mean the scoreboard is still on the bottom only???

Yes, it is.
  • The "glitchy" looking Powerplay notification on the scoreboard was a horrible idea. Not a smart idea to put a strobe-like effect there! Don't think EA really thought too long about this game.
  • That huge GOAL graphic with that little sound after scoring is terrible and way too arcadey. Ever seen something like this in a real broadcast? Please EA, just simplify things again, everything is way over the top.
  • I just played three games and had quite a fun time gameplay wise, but I had to stop, because all those flashy overlays are literally hurting my eyes. I'm pretty sure there are people who like the new graphics, but please at least let us have an option to choose cleaner and simpler overlays.
  • I'm still trying to find the "big" presentation improvements in this game. It honestly feels like NHL19 but with still a few extra graphics on screen. I thought there were unique replays where they highlighted players, etc? The instant replays are boring to watch...no enthusiasm behind them.

And commentary wise, I heard the announcer say the same line 4 times in a game I just played. I thought they added more commentary to the game? Feels like a rinse and repeat with commentary.