EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Are we getting artificial intelligence improvement

Dixonyu
649 posts Member
edited July 19
Heard some good things , finally starting to listen to me, why I'm not a gamechanger is beyond me , as I'm happy to say alot of these changes and changes being made are suggestions of mine, took a few years, but it's happening, like faceoff balancing , I been bugging ea for almost four years , but something simple finally happened, like line changes in hut being the same as be a gm, made no sense, now in hut you can finally after two years or being able to do it in be a gm, you can now in hut ...

But are we getting red line logic, blue line logic ? Will AI know what an offside is and know the dangers of playing the puck by the goalies red line ?

We are getting signature shots, but are we getting player tendencies?

Are we getting improved coaching finally?? Again it's been since 04 , 15 years since you've done anything with coaching ... We should be able to tell our players how we want them to play by now ...

Will AI be able to pick up a loose guy entering the zone late ?

Will AI understand passing and shooting lanes so they can actually help human players in modes like hut where you're just defending the cheese all day , and if you block that your AI will leave the cross open?

Will the AI finally be able to defend at the blue line ? Instead of being able to exploit the pass back to the point, then pass it over for a one timer , every time ?

Will goalies and players know stick hands so they can properly defend or save certain shots, especially goalies with cross ice passes, they overplay or under play players alot ...

Will line changes finally be done intelligent ? Or are we forced to micro manage this ? Can we have coaching options for line changes ?

Will the AI know where each other is this year so they stop setting you up for suicide passes or forcing bad passes to the player ?

Will be a pro finally be fun, or will it feel the same, exploit the AI, skate circles around them, til the cheese lane opens , then hope your AI teammates got half a brain to help you ?

Will the AI be aware of odd man situations both offensively and defensively? Stop skating in your shooting lane on a 2 on 1 ?

Post edited by Dixonyu on

Replies

• From what I have read so far, they haven't touched AI except for the new goalie threat analysis.
  • Peaceh
    14 posts Member
    Haha I cant understand how such a genius has not been hired as a game changer. All of these super original ideas that have never been talked about before...

You know what is crazy is how I am still not they gm of a hockey team yet all the smart ideas I scream at my tv. Like I told the pengus to trade Kessel and they finally listened.
  • Dixonyu
    649 posts Member
    Peaceh wrote: »
    Haha I cant understand how such a genius has not been hired as a game changer. All of these super original ideas that have never been talked about before...

You know what is crazy is how I am still not they gm of a hockey team yet all the smart ideas I scream at my tv. Like I told the pengus to trade Kessel and they finally listened.

I told Anaheim they were gonna fail with Carlyle, and wam bam thank you maam they are rebuilding ... He won with an absolutely stacked Anaheim team , just like Quenneville is over rated , Chicago was so dominant in their division, now that teams have developed and caught up with Chicago he got exposed ....

I also said Burke would fail with the leafs, and Calgary, and as soon as he leaves both teams they succeed ...

But seriously alot of my suggestions are being implemented, which I'm quite happy about ...
  • Dixonyu
    649 posts Member
    Will the AI have human like reaction timing?
  • j0rtsu67
    400 posts Member
    edited July 22
    Dixonyu wrote: »
    Will the AI have human like reaction timing?
    I'm afraid it is - and will be - the easiest way to make the difference how AI plays in different levels (rookie, pro, superstar etc.) referring to human.

So my quess is that AI will have unhuman reaction time to make it more challenging, especially in hardest levels.
    Post edited by j0rtsu67 on