EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Are the periods longer?

It feels like we are back to 5 minute periods in the beta. Anyone else?

Replies

• RSall14
    503 posts Member
    Feels like it, games drag on a lot longer.
  • I was thinking the same thing myself. It's not terrible, but it sure feels longer than usual. I have had a few games of high penalties on each team so that probably plays into it.
  • zingaa1
    395 posts Member
    Maybe because the puck goes out of play more?
  • No doubt the puck goes out of play ALOT more. Unrealistic
  • They need to really tune down the ridiculous offsides calls this year. Too much rage I'm telling ya.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    reengerg wrote: »
    No doubt the puck goes out of play ALOT more. Unrealistic

I thought the same thing too. But I'm not convinced this is it. I have played a lot of Drop In games in past NHL releases with A LOT of offside and penalty stoppages. This still feels longer. It feels like we are back to 5 minute periods.

I am torn between the puck going out. Stoppages can get annoying. But as an EASHL D man I would rather pucks go out then be redirected to the boards to a lucky forward getting the worlds luckiest bounce.
  • zingaa1
    395 posts Member
    zingaa1 wrote: »
    reengerg wrote: »
    No doubt the puck goes out of play ALOT more. Unrealistic

I thought the same thing too. But I'm not convinced this is it. I have played a lot of Drop In games in past NHL releases with A LOT of offside and penalty stoppages. This still feels longer. It feels like we are back to 5 minute periods.

I am torn between the puck going out. Stoppages can get annoying. But as an EASHL D man I would rather pucks go out then be redirected to the boards to a lucky forward getting the worlds luckiest bounce.

It was just a theory of mine, I had around 10 yesterday in one game, had to add about a minute and a half.