EA Forums - Banner

1990 menus

kezz123
600 posts Member
Seriously, the clunkyness and lagginess of the menus is worthy of games i dont even remember exist. I cant even think of any somewhat recent games with more clunky menus than nhl 20. Trying to customize your character takes AGES because of the loading between each menu clicks. its insane and frankly, embarrassing. $20 game? Sure. $80 game? Come on guys.

Replies

• Yup.. even as a beta it’s embarrassing. Menus have been the worst in the last couple games than any game I’ve ever played and it’s really basic
  • Kuus2
    213 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Hey now, you wouldn’t want to go a moment without your roster being checked now would you?
  • Kuus2 wrote: »
    Hey now, you wouldn’t want to go a moment without your roster being checked now would you?

Indeed. God forbid my rosters get outdated while I play only EASHL every single year.

Jokes aside, it's as if every single button press has to pass through a server and it just kills the speed in the menus. Dunno, not my department, but that's how it feels to me.
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Like they always say it’s your proximity to the server that matters. When they play at their offices they are on their own server so no lag for them. The rest of us well good luck.

Server proximity has nothing to do with menus
  • j0rtsu67
    558 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Like they always say it’s your proximity to the server that matters. When they play at their offices they are on their own server so no lag for them. The rest of us well good luck.

Well, at least it would've explained the sluggishness. So is it just really bad coding then...? :#
  • kezz123
    600 posts Member
    Terrible coding. Probably deep rooted within the code and requiring *chuckle* a rebuild from the ground up.
    Unfortunately, we dont get to have such changes for a fee of $80 a year to play the same game.
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Tonysl79 wrote: »

Well, at least it would've explained the sluggishness. So is it just really bad coding then...? :#

Unfortunately yes

The only way that connectivity would effect menus would be things you can only access when youre online like leaderboards
  • The menus do need an overhaul. I appreciate EA adding modes over the years, but choosing a mode should bring you straight to a setup menu and then into the game.

I also feel like they can remove the confirmation submenu at the end of the game to exit. "Finish Game" option shouldn't need a confirmation.