EA Forums - Banner

When will EA really start to develop EASHL?

Sgt_Kelso
1325 posts Member
It looks like EASHL's going to be exactly the same as it was in NHL19 - there's really no incentives to play it, nothing to achieve. Every other mode seems to have something, you have the Pro-Am tour, even threes and ones got the eliminator mode, in HUT you have various seasons, and in single player you naturally the season modes etc.

IN EASHL, you don't really have anything - oh yes, you can level your club and/or your player, but only up to certain level, so you and your club are done before Christmas; you can get to division 1 and win it, so what; or you can play in the periodical playoffs - again so what? Everything is lack-luster and really basic at best. No new innovations, you don't listen to the EASHL fans who want more.

How about tournaments (almost like the eliminator eh?) that either EA, their sponsors, or even *gasp* us players can set up? Where you can get real fame and actually be considered the best. You know, world championships in EASHL kind of thing? We do this type of stuff already, but without any help from EA, and it must be a chore to try to keep scores and leaderboards - and all of this could be included in the game, and in fact it *should* be if EA ever wants to be in eSports with this game (I don't really care about professional gaming, but there you go). You should really consider splitting HUT and EASHL into separate games where you don't have to rely on yearly schedules, but can keep on making the gameplay better at ongoing basis.

Well, at least you got EASHL drop ins and the new and exciting outdoor rinks, all sorts of caps, hoodies, masks, skates, and tapes. All a growing kid with fancy for barbie dress-up could wish for! No doubt that is what everybody has asked for? :*

Replies

• Follisimo
    1048 posts Member
    You can always join LG and play with randoms trying to win a championship. For lots of us all we care about is just having competition to play again. All the frills are nice and such, but it's playing good people that drives many of us.

• Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    I know, that's why I said "We do this type of stuff already, but without any help from EA, and it must be a chore to try to keep scores and leaderboards" - I've played in ECL or whatsit in Europe.
  • KeyserSozel5
    30 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    EA use to do EASHL tournament where I believe it was the top 10 teams overall at end of the NHL season played for 200k. Believe they stopped that in 2012. But EA who pretty much were the first game to have OTP with created players 4 years before NBA2k added the Park and Rec Center has drastically dropped the ball since 2013.EA claims they went to class builds or cookie cutter builds so they can do Esports. Well if that's the case why? NBA2k has a professional league with NBA Affiliates paying guys with created builds of different overalls built the way the player wants them. Bring back Legend cards and progression and allow us to put attributes and build our guys how we want. If you want cookie cutter builds put that in the 3vs3 and 1vs1vs1 mode. But for Club play 6vs6 make it like old days earning cards to legend 3 and attribute points.
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    You can always join LG and play with randoms trying to win a championship. For lots of us all we care about is just having competition to play again. All the frills are nice and such, but it's playing good people that drives many of us.

I dont consider any 6s leagues proper competition considering not many top players play league much anymore and the strategy of pitting a teams top line against the opponents 2nd or 3rd lineup and if that doesnt happen, the top line team doesnt show up. 6s leagues have been on harder downfall that the EA NHL series. You play xbox1 or ps4?
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    Putting out 20 is hurting the cause even more, this is not hockey, it's glorified broom ball. The EASHL of old is long gone, it will never return to it's glory.
  • EASHL needs a Community Director, that's active on social, and able to discuss and adjust player classes and sliders throughout the season.
    EASHL player
  • EASHL needs a Community Director, that's active on social, and able to discuss and adjust player classes and sliders throughout the season.

I second this. Gamechangers shouldn't even come close to player class tunings. An unbiased opinion and direction is what is needed.
  • There's definitely so much more that could be done with EASHL. I wish it were it's own game or had it's own director/dev department. For example, off the top of my head Square and Circle(X and B on Xbox?) are dead buttons on PS4 for EASHL. They're needed in every other game mode though. But right out of the gate, that's 2 more buttons that could be used for 2 more gameplay functions that could benefit 6v6.
  • There's definitely so much more that could be done with EASHL. I wish it were it's own game or had it's own director/dev department. For example, off the top of my head Square and Circle(X and B on Xbox?) are dead buttons on PS4 for EASHL. They're needed in every other game mode though. But right out of the gate, that's 2 more buttons that could be used for 2 more gameplay functions that could benefit 6v6.

I wouldn't mind at all if EASHL was its own entity and completely independent of the rest of the game/dev team.

it's not a completely bad idea that those two unused buttons be used, but what would you suggest?

As for EASHL being better, just cleaning up the mode would be a great start. Like why does my coach appreciate my positioning as a Center, and gives me advice on how to win draws when I am LD??

Why is he suggesting I make quick line changes to stay fresh on the ice in EASHL?

Why is he hounding me to make something happen on the powerplay if I want to be out there on the ice? Like, is he going to bench me or drop me down a line or two??? Again, I am LD. He even says this from time to time when I play goalie..... Yea, goalie making something happen on the powerplay.....

Why is he telling me protecting the puck is a good skill to learn and is fundamental to the success of a Powerforward when yet again, I am LD and playing as a two-way defenseman?
  • kezz123
    600 posts Member
    Well, maybe if people stopped buying the same exact game + a small patch every year, THEY would have incentives to invest in making major changes.

Just saying.
  • Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    When they hire me as a game changer ....
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    629 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    EASHL needs a Community Director, that's active on social, and able to discuss and adjust player classes and sliders throughout the season.

I’ve played quite a few games as a defensemen and it seems like running as forward at defense will be the better option again this year. No need to be a defensive Defensemen who are slow and turn like Semi Trucks.

Also to add, we need EASHL Community Manager who will advocate for EA to not push one giant tuner onto the game but to individually tune EASHL and HUT differently.
  • Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    EASHL needs a Community Director, that's active on social, and able to discuss and adjust player classes and sliders throughout the season.

I’ve played quite a few games as a defensemen and it seems like running as forward at defense will be the better option again this year. No need to be a defensive Defensemen who are slow and turn like Semi Trucks.

Also to add, we need EASHL Community Manager who will advocate for EA to not push one giant tuner onto the game but to individually tune EASHL and HUT differently.

The @EA_NHLDevs made it near there the end of 2017 that defensive classes get a bonus to pick interceptions... I've been asking for years if this is still true, and they won't answer , so either they don't know ,or they do and only the gamechangers and devs can know , wouldn't be the first gameplay/mechanics information they kept to themselves so they can have an advantage.