EA Forums - Banner

Pucks in crowd please fix it

Prev1
Shawa85
posts New member
Hi guys
where can i report a bug or improvement for NHL?
the thing that annoys me the most is that the goalies when they make a save always at 80% send the puck in the crowd its literately every save....even when your shooting like 1m away from goalie it sends it in the crowd it makes too many interruptions in the game its annoying it makes the game boring

Replies

• Shawa85 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    where can i report a bug or improvement for NHL?
    the thing that annoys me the most is that the goalies when they make a save always at 80% send the puck in the crowd its literately every save....even when your shooting like 1m away from goalie it sends it in the crowd it makes too many interruptions in the game its annoying it makes the game boring

You can use this link to report bugs : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Feedback-Bug-Reports/bd-p/nhl-20-beta-bug-reports-en
  • Socair
    2438 posts Game Changer
    This is a known issue that is fixed for full release.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • I actually like it. Way better than puck bouncing unrealistically out of zone leading to a breakaway.
  • Socair wrote: »

I would like to know what the "fix" is please.

Thank-you.
  • Socair
    2438 posts Game Changer
    edited July 2019
    Socair wrote: »

I would like to know what the "fix" is please.

Thank-you.

Pucks won’t go out of play so much...it’ll be like it’s always been, not all the crazy high bounces. Goalies will make the new higher rebounds of course, but the actual issue of ultra high puck deflections all over the ice will be fixed.

NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • so..... just nerf physics?

not trying to be "that guy", but that was one of the best parts about 2k was the puck physics - things didn't seem as "pre-determined".

one of my biggest issues with the NHL series is the feel of "pre-determined" puck physics where "pace of play" seems to be paramount to natural feeling puck physics.

I dunno, just my 2 cents.

not trying to be "that guy", but that was one of the best parts about 2k was the puck physics - things didn't seem as "pre-determined".

one of my biggest issues with the NHL series is the feel of "pre-determined" puck physics where "pace of play" seems to be paramount to natural feeling puck physics.

Oh and same thing applies with passes being auto vacuumed up - I don't have a problem with passes not getting THROUGH. I have a problem with the feel of 100% perfect interceptions to the tape of the stick. Let the puck bounce, be more free and natural feeling. Let it ricochet off equip and bodies more?

• Kucherovx86
    3 posts New member
    > @BoboFloggins said:
    > so..... just nerf physics?
    >
    > not trying to be "that guy", but that was one of the best parts about 2k was the puck physics - things didn't seem as "pre-determined".
    >
    > one of my biggest issues with the NHL series is the feel of "pre-determined" puck physics where "pace of play" seems to be paramount to natural feeling puck physics.
    >
    > I dunno, just my 2 cents.

Nahh, it'll just be like 19. Right now every shot blocker side hits the goalie and go out of play, instead of just going into the corner/elsewhere. It's not nerfing physics, its just fixing velocity to make it more like real physics. Puck should only leave play if shot out, or a shot that gets tipped, or the odd high blocker save, like in 19.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1291 posts Member

Oh and same thing applies with passes being auto vacuumed up - I don't have a problem with passes not getting THROUGH. I have a problem with the feel of 100% perfect interceptions to the tape of the stick. Let the puck bounce, be more free and natural feeling. Let it ricochet off equip and bodies more?

Yeah, that bugs me too, intercepting a pass is fine, but it's always stuck on the tape, rarely if ever does it deflect. It doesn't matter if the player has his back towards the play either.

And it's nost just passes, often they catch low slapshot like it was no problem. Crazy.

• Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

Yeah, that bugs me too, intercepting a pass is fine, but it's always stuck on the tape, rarely if ever does it deflect. It doesn't matter if the player has his back towards the play either.

And it's nost just passes, often they catch low slapshot like it was no problem. Crazy.

ehhhhhhhhhhh-xactly.
  • > @BoboFloggins said:
    > so..... just nerf physics?
    >
    > not trying to be "that guy", but that was one of the best parts about 2k was the puck physics - things didn't seem as "pre-determined".
    >
    > one of my biggest issues with the NHL series is the feel of "pre-determined" puck physics where "pace of play" seems to be paramount to natural feeling puck physics.
    >
    > I dunno, just my 2 cents.

Nahh, it'll just be like 19. Right now every shot blocker side hits the goalie and go out of play, instead of just going into the corner/elsewhere. It's not nerfing physics, its just fixing velocity to make it more like real physics. Puck should only leave play if shot out, or a shot that gets tipped, or the odd high blocker save, like in 19.

yeah I get what you are saying with the blocker side saves going out. but, in the end, it feels as tho the puck physics take a back seat to "pace of play" or whatever the thought process is behind what Kelso and I are pointing out.
  • Kucherovx86
    3 posts New member
    > @BoboFloggins said:
    > Kucherovx86 wrote: »
    >
    > > @BoboFloggins said:
    > > so..... just nerf physics?
    > >
    > > not trying to be "that guy", but that was one of the best parts about 2k was the puck physics - things didn't seem as "pre-determined".
    > >
    > > one of my biggest issues with the NHL series is the feel of "pre-determined" puck physics where "pace of play" seems to be paramount to natural feeling puck physics.
    > >
    > > I dunno, just my 2 cents.
    >
    > Nahh, it'll just be like 19. Right now every shot blocker side hits the goalie and go out of play, instead of just going into the corner/elsewhere. It's not nerfing physics, its just fixing velocity to make it more like real physics. Puck should only leave play if shot out, or a shot that gets tipped, or the odd high blocker save, like in 19.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > yeah I get what you are saying with the blocker side saves going out. but, in the end, it feels as tho the puck physics take a back seat to "pace of play" or whatever the thought process is behind what Kelso and I are pointing out.

Yea I know what you guys mean, it's not so much the puck out of play but the constant inability to hold onto the puck, make a pass, pick up a puck, etc with any kind of speed that ruins the pace of play. Atleast I find.
  • how often do you find yourself noticing or saying... "why didn't that puck just go into that open space" or be loose or free instead a predetermined spot?

This is something that 2k always smoked EA in, and it’s something PES smokes FIFA in. For some reason, EA’s engine doesn’t allow actual physics and I don’t think it changes until they completely overhaul their engine like PES did in 2014. They had a few lumps, but it was better in the long-run as the ball actually deflects like a ball, not like a tethered object that is pre-calculated to go somewhere on a grid no matter what objects are in the way.
  • j0rtsu67
    498 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    how often do you find yourself noticing or saying... "why didn't that puck just go into that open space" or be loose or free instead a predetermined spot?
    Spot on, sir.

It feels like the puck always has a target.
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    how often do you find yourself noticing or saying... "why didn't that puck just go into that open space" or be loose or free instead a predetermined spot?
    Spot on, sir.

It feels like the puck always has a target.

And that target is usually an opposing forward ready to snipe :)

Yes it happens on both sides of the ice, but that doesn't make it any less rewarding or right. It is part of that "EA feel" I get when I play and I don't like that feeling. Cheapens the experience.

Why are we testing this 2 month old build then?

If I had to guess. They're still in crunch time getting the game ready for release. And the build we have now was the one that was ready to be published. And the powers that be probably said "We have to release something, these people have gotten a beta every year"

It makes giving feedback on the beta difficult. And we are all just playing for the sake of playing at this point

If I had to guess. They're still in crunch time getting the game ready for release. And the build we have now was the one that was ready to be published. And the powers that be probably said "We have to release something, these people have gotten a beta every year"

It makes giving feedback on the beta difficult. And we are all just playing for the sake of playing at this point

Yeah some of the stuff wasn't ready for the beta I guess

"For NHL 20, we cut the beta build eight weeks prior to today, meaning that there are 8 additional weeks that you’re not going to see and feel in the beta. You’re playing an early, work-in progress version of the game. Some of our new gameplay features were not fully ready to be included in the beta build, so we want to share important context around the gameplay experience you will be playing in the beta, specifically in comparison to where we are now and what will be in the final game."

• Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

Imagine my surprise when our D takes a slap shot from the point, I go to tip it but I pick the puck up in mid-air with my stick instead.
    Casual goalie gameplay: https://t.co/tQnYxAsyKy