EA Forums - Banner

Everything Not In NHL 20

Replies

• Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    And for the record, for everyone who plays 1's, 3's and now 6's drop in, there is nothing related to the NHL in NHL 20.

Moot point really when you consider it is called EA SPORTS HOCKEY LEAGUE (EASHL) and not called NHL LEAGUE.

I get what you are trying to say, and agree full gear and arenas is the way to go, but using the NHL to back it up is not a valid point in a fantasy hockey league.

And I agree up to a point...the game itself is called NHL ##. There's no NHL aspect in a large portion of the game now.

Not sure about that.

HUT NHL

VS NHL

Be a Pro NHL

Franchise NHL

EASHL Not NHL
    And for the record, for everyone who plays 1's, 3's and now 6's drop in, there is nothing related to the NHL in NHL 20.

Moot point really when you consider it is called EA SPORTS HOCKEY LEAGUE (EASHL) and not called NHL LEAGUE.

I get what you are trying to say, and agree full gear and arenas is the way to go, but using the NHL to back it up is not a valid point in a fantasy hockey league.

And I agree up to a point...the game itself is called NHL ##. There's no NHL aspect in a large portion of the game now.

Did we not watch the same All-Star game back in 09? Ovie was totally rockin a camper hat and sick shades in the shootout competition. That's obviously where EA got the inspiration to add the realistically modelled and textured clown gear that all of you know and love.
  • Would definitely love to see better crowds. They are so stale now and act the same in pre season as they do for game 7 of the cup finals. It’s pitiful at best. One thing for me that would make the game a bit more enjoyable is if they had more presentation again. Add back the teams coming down the tunnel and through their entrance prop if they have one, show them skating around in warmup or something too, actually make the game feel more like watching (or playing) a hockey broadcast.

As for gm connected, as awesome as it would be to see they probably won’t add it until 2025 (if they even do) but I know personally, the only way I’m buying any other NHL game after NHL 20 is if it has gm connected.

MLB The Show is really improving their crowd atmosphere and baseball isn’t even close to being the most noticeable sport in that regard. It’s hockey, soccer, then everything else

Crowd needs to be more active after wins, especially playoffs, and during portions of games. I want them to boo opposing players who injure (this is an old feature) as well as certain star players like Crosby, Subban, Ovechkin, etc. Refs should be fair game, calls in the 3rd period/OT or during close games should be booed like they are in real life

I'd like to see the fans leaving early if the home team is getting blown out or even non sell out crowds on bad teams. The fan reactions really dictate the feel of the game and would really make the presentation all that more enjoyable. It should be tied with things like momentum. The crowd gets more and more excited as a comeback or late tying goal, much the same way they get nervous or silent if the home team starts cracking under pressure.
  • Would definitely love to see better crowds. They are so stale now and act the same in pre season as they do for game 7 of the cup finals. It’s pitiful at best. One thing for me that would make the game a bit more enjoyable is if they had more presentation again. Add back the teams coming down the tunnel and through their entrance prop if they have one, show them skating around in warmup or something too, actually make the game feel more like watching (or playing) a hockey broadcast.

As for gm connected, as awesome as it would be to see they probably won’t add it until 2025 (if they even do) but I know personally, the only way I’m buying any other NHL game after NHL 20 is if it has gm connected.

MLB The Show is really improving their crowd atmosphere and baseball isn’t even close to being the most noticeable sport in that regard. It’s hockey, soccer, then everything else

Crowd needs to be more active after wins, especially playoffs, and during portions of games. I want them to boo opposing players who injure (this is an old feature) as well as certain star players like Crosby, Subban, Ovechkin, etc. Refs should be fair game, calls in the 3rd period/OT or during close games should be booed like they are in real life

I'd like to see the fans leaving early if the home team is getting blown out or even non sell out crowds on bad teams. The fan reactions really dictate the feel of the game and would really make the presentation all that more enjoyable. It should be tied with things like momentum. The crowd gets more and more excited as a comeback or late tying goal, much the same way they get nervous or silent if the home team starts cracking under pressure.

Yup.. could’ve sworn when they announced the new stadiums this would be a thing, at least in BAGM. Thought I remember people saying “Florida wouldn’t have any fans” in the stadium just like in real life

Makes zero sense why they can’t implement something so simple that would really improve BAGM and presentation
  • jrago73
    748 posts Member
    Would definitely love to see better crowds. They are so stale now and act the same in pre season as they do for game 7 of the cup finals. It’s pitiful at best. One thing for me that would make the game a bit more enjoyable is if they had more presentation again. Add back the teams coming down the tunnel and through their entrance prop if they have one, show them skating around in warmup or something too, actually make the game feel more like watching (or playing) a hockey broadcast.

Yup.. could’ve sworn when they announced the new stadiums this would be a thing, at least in BAGM. Thought I remember people saying “Florida wouldn’t have any fans” in the stadium just like in real life

Makes zero sense why they can’t implement something so simple that would really improve BAGM and presentation

The sense is that you're using the NHL license and they won't want empty stadiums in the game. Madden did this for a year and the NFL put a stop to it. Even if the NHL hasn't forbade this usage why would ea sports try the idea again after having a league squash it, would just be a waste of resources.
  • I don't know why we need a post like this. Why can't we just be happy about what is actually in NHL? I remember back when I was a kid on the old Nintendo consoles, there were no career modes, no GM modes, no online modes (or online services for that matter), no EASHL, none of that was even in the thought process in the late 80s to early 90s.

So I'm content with what we do have. Admittedly more depth in these modes (be a pro in particular) would go a long way. But I'm not one to complain about what isn't in the game, because most of what is listed is customization stuff so I'm all set in that regard.

And besides if I was going to make a post about things that aren't in the game I could go out and point to actual things the game used to have that are no longer there such as GM Connected and the GM tracker in the old Be A GM mode.

But I find this post unnecessary and a little whiney. I guess partly because of where I started as a gamer to where it is now, it's come a very long way.
  • I don't know why we need a post like this. Why can't we just be happy about what is actually in NHL? I remember back when I was a kid on the old Nintendo consoles, there were no career modes, no GM modes, no online modes (or online services for that matter), no EASHL, none of that was even in the thought process in the late 80s to early 90s.

So I'm content with what we do have. Admittedly more depth in these modes (be a pro in particular) would go a long way. But I'm not one to complain about what isn't in the game, because most of what is listed is customization stuff so I'm all set in that regard.

And besides if I was going to make a post about things that aren't in the game I could go out and point to actual things the game used to have that are no longer there such as GM Connected and the GM tracker in the old Be A GM mode.

But I find this post unnecessary and a little whiney. I guess partly because of where I started as a gamer to where it is now, it's come a very long way.

I'd say 90% of this frustration doesn't come in the way of over asking for all these items, its from the fact they were already in the game. NHL94 would show you highlights from other games around the league. I believe people in general are left to wonder how something that was implemented almost 20 yrs ago, or 10 yrs ago etc etc is not even built on, but totally taken away and forgotten. When they made the jump from PS1 to PS2 there wasn't even a franchise mode in the first game. That's what is frustrating. We used to have career stat tracking for players and GM back in 2004. Its been 15 years. That is not some crazy over asking demanding too much. That is something they could have literally cut and paste.

• Any word of being able to edit players with "generic" faces? That is more than just their beards. Like actually the head/face itself?
  • GramerProfesur
    561 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    rpmfdnhl wrote: »
    Any word of being able to edit players with "generic" faces? That is more than just their beards. Like actually the head/face itself?

As far as I know this isn’t going to be a thing, not this year or probably ever. EA doesn’t want people altering players appearances besides equipment, since technically players are “licensed”. I do see a point there, although it would be nice rather than using Create A Player for 50 or so guys. Especially since other games have done it (including NHL)
  • GramerProfesur
    561 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't know why we need a post like this. Why can't we just be happy about what is actually in NHL? I remember back when I was a kid on the old Nintendo consoles, there were no career modes, no GM modes, no online modes (or online services for that matter), no EASHL, none of that was even in the thought process in the late 80s to early 90s.

Not sure how it’s whining.. it’s keeping them honest. These are the things people asked for in the game and they weren’t implemented. In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t look like the community was listened to at all..

Also I don’t know what you’re talking about, almost every NHL or hockey game has had a season mode for two decades. Online wasn’t available in those days so your post is completely irrelevant. I’m genuinely confused about it
  • rpmfdnhl wrote: »
    Any word of being able to edit players with "generic" faces? That is more than just their beards. Like actually the head/face itself?

As far as I know this isn’t going to be a thing, not this year or probably ever. EA doesn’t want people altering players appearances besides equipment, since technically players are “licensed”. I do see a point there, although it would be nice rather than using Create A Player for 50 or so guys. Especially since other games have done it (including NHL)
    Most unfortunate. It's getting harder and harder to play BAGM

Um, because for me, NHL 20 is what I was expecting, or close to it, for NHL 15, or no later than NHL 16. Only 4-5 years behind at $80 a pop.
  • Oshimai wrote: »
    Did we not watch the same All-Star game back in 09? Ovie was totally rockin a camper hat and sick shades in the shootout competition. That's obviously where EA got the inspiration to add the realistically modelled and textured clown gear that all of you know and love.

Probably has more to do with taking a page out of NBA 2k's very successful MyCareer.

Personally I like it but that's just me.
  • SaydaNeen
    47 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't know why we need a post like this. Why can't we just be happy about what is actually in NHL? I remember back when I was a kid on the old Nintendo consoles, there were no career modes, no GM modes, no online modes (or online services for that matter), no EASHL, none of that was even in the thought process in the late 80s to early 90s.

Um, because for me, NHL 20 is what I was expecting, or close to it, for NHL 15, or no later than NHL 16. Only 4-5 years behind at $80 a pop.

To be honest, you don't have to spend $80 CAD. I haven't paid full price for an NHL game since 15 I think. Each of the years following I've purchased either through online store at discount (usually wait until $30) or purchase for 5 months then trade it back in for ~$25.
    Although they've made some good improvements through the years, (give credit where credit is due). But, for an offline player like myself I can't justify spending $80. Last year I was the most excited I've been in a while hearing about the Legends, which in the end made it even worse as it was all for online modes (blaming it on age.... c'mon) and became VERY evident where EA Vancouver wants to take this game. And once again Legends not in offline, even though less then a decade ago the had a Legends team... Thus, I will once again be waiting to buy it when I see it down to $30 or lower..
  • SaydaNeen wrote: »

To be honest, you don't have to spend $80 CAD. I haven't paid full price for an NHL game since 15 I think. Each of the years following I've purchased either through online store at discount (usually wait until $30) or purchase for 5 months then trade it back in for ~$25.
    Although they've made some good improvements through the years, (give credit where credit is due). But, for an offline player like myself I can't justify spending $80. Last year I was the most excited I've been in a while hearing about the Legends, which in the end made it even worse as it was all for online modes (blaming it on age.... c'mon) and became VERY evident where EA Vancouver wants to take this game. And once again Legends not in offline, even though less then a decade ago the had a Legends team... Thus, I will once again be waiting to buy it when I see it down to $30 or lower..

Yea, I know I can buy it used too, but all I play is EASHL. I literally never touch any other mode. If I buy it at $25 every year, that is the period where EASHL starts becoming a ghost town.

This year I will wait and see how dead 19 is the same week as 20 comes out and I also want to see some feedback here on how 20 plays out. If it ain't worth it, I'll wait it out.

Not sure about that.

HUT NHL

VS NHL

Be a Pro NHL

Franchise NHL

EASHL Not NHL

And a large portion of players play in EASHL. Was there a point you were trying to make, because you did not make one here.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    And a large portion of players play in EASHL. Was there a point you were trying to make, because you did not make one here.

You said "There's no NHL aspect in a large portion of the game now".

He indicated the vast majority of the game's modes include NHL. That's his point, and he's right.

In fact the sole mode that doesnt resemble NHL is dropin and that's only half the EASHL experience.
  • Glass shatters!! On huge hits and clappers that hit behind the net
  • Glass shatters!! On huge hits and clappers that hit behind the net

Hitting players into the bench would be nice... Just played a few games of NHL 2K8 and I was giggling like a little school girl when I used Chris Neil to dump Antropov into my team's bench. LOL!
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Glass shatters!! On huge hits and clappers that hit behind the net

Hitting players into the bench would be nice... Just played a few games of NHL 2K8 and I was giggling like a little school girl when I used Chris Neil to dump Antropov into my team's bench. LOL!

Antropov. Now thats a name i haven't heard in a while lol.

Sound definitely needs some attention, skating sounds alright but some more rigid cutting sounds and braking would be cool as well, slap shots, hard passes, and even players talking would be cool.
    I did notice they took out the ability to snow the goalie :( Snow particles would be a nice immersion touch to bring back....