EA Forums - Banner

Everything Not In NHL 20

13Next

Replies

• Glass shatters!! On huge hits and clappers that hit behind the net

WOW those were the days. Suppose today's tech cant do what they could in the 90's
  • SaydaNeen wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Glass shatters!! On huge hits and clappers that hit behind the net

Hitting players into the bench would be nice... Just played a few games of NHL 2K8 and I was giggling like a little school girl when I used Chris Neil to dump Antropov into my team's bench. LOL!

Antropov. Now thats a name i haven't heard in a while lol.

Sound definitely needs some attention, skating sounds alright but some more rigid cutting sounds and braking would be cool as well, slap shots, hard passes, and even players talking would be cool.
    I did notice they took out the ability to snow the goalie :( Snow particles would be a nice immersion touch to bring back....

Well now you're just asking for the moon ;)
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    SaydaNeen wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Glass shatters!! On huge hits and clappers that hit behind the net

Hitting players into the bench would be nice... Just played a few games of NHL 2K8 and I was giggling like a little school girl when I used Chris Neil to dump Antropov into my team's bench. LOL!

Antropov. Now thats a name i haven't heard in a while lol.

Hey, at least Toronto's team is a million times better today than it was in those days. On the flip side, the Ottawa Sens aren't even a shadow of their former Stanley Cup Finals selves.

Playing the game with the Pizza Line (Spezza, Alfredsson and Heatly) is a sore blow to the heart... :cry:

• Still can’t change helmet cage color separate from helmet or use EASHL jersey as casual gear (drop in, ones, threes).

Very lame
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    You know what's not in 20 the ability to loose the puck while skating backwards ,
  • Updated the OP
  • Added a couple more things to the OP, let me know if you guys have any other gripes and I’ll add it. Seems like a lot of these are basic additions that would make the game better which is really really frustrating. Wish this game was available on PC so people could mod these in...
  • Nothing in the OP should be out of reach for a hockey game coming into the year 2020. Most of these are simple, quality of life wishes.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    And a large portion of players play in EASHL. Was there a point you were trying to make, because you did not make one here.

You said "There's no NHL aspect in a large portion of the game now".

He indicated the vast majority of the game's modes include NHL. That's his point, and he's right.

In fact the sole mode that doesnt resemble NHL is dropin and that's only half the EASHL experience.

Only drop in, eh? 3's? 1's? Hmmm...
  • jathegr892
    19 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    The skating engine is absolutely trash. Doing cross over, stop and go should cause more fatigue. Its as if these guys forgot that. In fifa, players have an endurance but in ea nhl seems like for the past 10 years players dont have it.
    Post edited by jathegr892 on
  • jathegr892
    19 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    [b]nhl rink is too big/b] i feel like i need to buy a mouse to scroll down to see my net.

[b]score board[/b] take notes from nhl 94 if you're going to put it on the bottom.

[b]why can't I switch strategy in game?[/b] had this in nhl12.

[b]real true simulation[/b] if my guy gets tripped, make him slide into the boards, if my guy is repeatedly doing circles, he should lose an edge. Add ability to upgrade equipment manager in gm mode to lower frequent loss of edges or broken sticks. Upgrading transportation equals less fatigue. NHL 04 had this, Playing 3 games in 4 nights made a difference if you had a team bus vs owning a airplane.

[b]broken Stick?[/b] does this even happen in this game.

My two cents, seems like the creators have never played hockey. Scrap the online for one year and focus on a real true hockey game. You have lost your ways and have lost another loyal fan. I've been extremely quiet about the NHL franchise but enough is enough. This game is garbage... So many things are wrong...

The skating is trash, absolutely no way in hell can my player(winger) can come to a complete stop*multiple times* and then take off again and be faster than my centermen who's unmarked.

Fatigue doesn't seem to be a thing when shooting. Re-watch a nhl player when he takes 5 clappers in a row. That's a lot of energy or better yet, watch a baseball player do a homerun derby or a boxer throwing punches that do not connect properly.... [b]fix the fatigue[/b]

Also the matthews spinning shot... I get you're trying to add the shot he scrored couple of times with but doing it at full speed... Please ✋
    Post edited by jathegr892 on
  • I miss that 2004 upgrade aspect.
  • GramerProfesur
    561 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Some simple fixes, some more complicated but I’ll take even the simple ones at this point rather than being ignored. A new shooting system, coaches in BAGM and goalies are “somewhat” better at deflecting shots is NOT enough for a yearly cycle. If you aren’t going to add a big feature, add some smaller ones to fill the void

[Socair - edited to remove quote]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Out of curiosity, do you play EASHL? If so, is the coach still grading you as a Centerman regardless of the position you play? Been like this for over 4 years now....

[Socair - edited to removed quote due to lack of context after removing earlier posts]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Above1988 wrote: »
    Also, I want to be personally greated by my first and last name by everyone on my hut team when I sign in. Otherwise its just unrealistic

Ice should be spraying through my TV whenever I perform pivots and edge work. Should be a basic visual feature.

The game soundtrack also needs to have exclusive pre-recorded live performances from Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, and Queen. No question about it.

And every physical copy of the game needs to be personally autographed by Auston Matthews and include an all-access tour of the NHL headquarters in Toronto.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, I am assuming there was a point to this rant?

Likely mocking the list in my post, although I don’t think I missed much of anything that isn’t in the game that people have been requesting for years.

Some simple fixes, some more complicated but I’ll take even the simple ones at this point rather than being ignored. A new shooting system, coaches in BAGM and goalies are “somewhat” better at deflecting shots is NOT enough for a yearly cycle. If you aren’t going to add a big feature, add some smaller ones to fill the void

Totally agree.

Out of curiosity, do you play EASHL? If so, is the coach still grading you as a Centerman regardless of the position you play? Been like this for over 4 years now....

Haven’t played in NHL 20 yet but I’ll try and see if I can find that
  • Above1988 wrote: »
    Also, I want to be personally greated by my first and last name by everyone on my hut team when I sign in. Otherwise its just unrealistic

Ice should be spraying through my TV whenever I perform pivots and edge work. Should be a basic visual feature.

The game soundtrack also needs to have exclusive pre-recorded live performances from Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, and Queen. No question about it.

And every physical copy of the game needs to be personally autographed by Auston Matthews and include an all-access tour of the NHL headquarters in Toronto.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, I am assuming there was a point to this rant?

Likely mocking the list in my post, although I don’t think I missed much of anything that isn’t in the game that people have been requesting for years.

Totally agree.

Haven’t played in NHL 20 yet but I’ll try and see if I can find that

Would be cool if you or someone else can relay that info.

Thanks man, very cool of you.
  • Added a couple more things to the OP, let me know if you guys have any other gripes and I’ll add it. Seems like a lot of these are basic additions that would make the game better which is really really frustrating. Wish this game was available on PC so people could mod these in...

Maybe I overlooked it but, what about a better player face system. MLB the Show gives all licensed players a reasonable likeness even if they are not "scanned". I don't know what they call it but, they're able to shape and model a player's face and it seems they can do this pretty easy and quickly if need be.

Integrate leagues into franchise mode - they have the ECHL license, why not put it to good use and make it part of Franchise mode? What's more? why not integrate the Euro leagues so they can be used as they are in real life to send drafted players to for development. And why not have fictional college teams so that aspect can be replicated in the mode? So, basically a more sophisticated Franchise Mode.
  • Post and I’ll add.

Custom Goalie Masks: basic system would suffice, has been in other NHL games. Just let us choose color of mask, basic patterns, logos in game, cage design and color

This drives me nuts more than anything. You can change the color of the netting on you trapper but the game can't simulate you custom logo on a mask in you team color. I am positive this was a feature on some of the older games.