EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

EASHL - Drop-in mode (awful)

Prev1
Diesel877
1 posts New member
Well...this will be the first time since 95 that I won’t be buying the game. Somehow gets worse every year. I was buying the game strictly for the EASHL ‘drop in’ mode to simulate pro style hockey. Why would anyone want to simulate pond hockey? So bad.... My buddies haven’t bought the game in years and now I’ll be joining them until they get better people making the decisions.

Replies

• We need to let EA Vancouver know that we want a complete overhaul for NHL 20 drop-ins for when the game comes out.
  • KrAzY887x wrote: »
    We need to let EA Vancouver know that we want a complete overhaul for NHL 20 drop-ins for when the game comes out.

I'm betting that isn't going to happen. I'd be stunned. No one can develop anything game changing like that in 6 weeks and have it work that well.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • We need more people to let them know we want it the way it used to be. I know they won't update it for 20 and that's what really ruins it for me 😞

They finally made the gameplay not frustrating, but everything else is still not enjoyable 😕
  • biggy514
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Don't bother, EA Vancouver won't listen to us, we've been voicing our opinions for years and they never listen. Somehow they manage to screw it up every year. They add new things, but they end up taking away the old and the good. Just fed up of spending full price for a game, when they mail it in.

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Drop-ins are absolutely atrocious.

Not sure how this mode and it’s menu system haven’t gotten an overhaul.

As a loser with no friends, drop-ins are my go-to for some 6v6. Yea I know “play club” or “get some friends” blah blah.

Here’s my argument: drop-in lobbies brought out the best in people where they would coordinate teams with randoms.

That’s been taken away and replaced with a cumbersome system where I’m marched randomly on a team that never seems to keep 6 people - not to mention EA STILL allows people to pause the game. What’s that about?

Can ONE person pause the game in call of duty multiplayer? Can ONE person press start and stop the action for all other users when playing Battlefield?

So why does NHL allow it?

I don’t buy “I need to adjust my settings”.

Prepare before the game starts like you have to in literally EVERY OTHER MULTIPLAYER GAME EVER MADE.

As a loser with no friends, drop-ins are my go-to for some 6v6. Yea I know “play club” or “get some friends” blah blah.

Here’s my argument: drop-in lobbies brought out the best in people where they would coordinate teams with randoms.

That’s been taken away and replaced with a cumbersome system where I’m marched randomly on a team that never seems to keep 6 people - not to mention EA STILL allows people to pause the game. What’s that about?

Can ONE person pause the game in call of duty multiplayer? Can ONE person press start and stop the action for all other users when playing Battlefield?

Prepare before the game starts like you have to in literally EVERY OTHER MULTIPLAYER GAME EVER MADE.
    Drop-ins are absolutely atrocious.

Completely agree.

It blows my mind we still cannot continue to a next game with the same group. This game fails hard at letting people and like-minded players connect and stay together without having to resort to friend requests and invites....

Pauses are really starting to annoy me. At least it's only 2 now and not 6. Never did get a response as to why they will never be removed.

Drop-ins are absolutely atrocious.

Completely agree.

It blows my mind we still cannot continue to a next game with the same group. This game fails hard at letting people and like-minded players connect and stay together without having to resort to friend requests and invites....

Pauses are really starting to annoy me. At least it's only 2 now and not 6. Never did get a response as to why they will never be removed.

Yeah, they remove everything else!
  • G1ll1es
    38 posts Member
    Why can I not stick handle my self.. Why is it a 1:1 control with large ugly animations?
    If you watch carefully.. The game while you are playing.. All you really need to do is yse your left stick for almost everything.. The gane will do it all for you if your close enough to the player... Even on hardcore skill stick sim mode. Its garbage nonsene.
  • zingaa1
    405 posts Member
    New drop in system
    Play a game, make mental note LW teddybear67 is good, after game go to home, search recent players find teddybear67 and send invite then wait for about 3-5 minutes and see if they come, no? ok rinse and repeat.
  • jiajji
    329 posts Member
    I use the pause when the 1st person goes offsides or the other team scores on a puck called from the g.
  • I don't know if this complaint has been mentioned already, but my friends and I always get split up into different game lobbys when trying to play EASHL.
  • I don't know if this complaint has been mentioned already, but my friends and I always get split up into different game lobbys when trying to play EASHL.

You mean when you get launched from the dressing room as a group into the lobby and not all of you make it? It's been happening since 19

You mean when you get launched from the dressing room as a group into the lobby and not all of you make it? It's been happening since 19

Strangely has never ever happened to me. Can't happen all that much as none of the people I play with have complained about it. Didn't even know this was an issue honestly.

yeahhh...this

I just started playing online modes soo oops.

yeahhh...this

Are you in a party and this still happens? PS4 or ONE ?

yeahhh...this

I go into threes drop in and invite two of my friends, hit matchmaking, and we get split up lels.

XBOX One.

Strangely has never ever happened to me. Can't happen all that much as none of the people I play with have complained about it. Didn't even know this was an issue honestly.

Wow seriously? Happened at least 30-40 times. Xbox 1. It's very random. Sometimes twice in 1 night, sometimes not for weeks.

Wow seriously? Happened at least 30-40 times. Xbox 1. It's very random. Sometimes twice in 1 night, sometimes not for weeks.

I am dead serious, and I am not one to shy away from a good bashing, but it has to be deserved. I seriously have never seen or heard of this. I'm PS4 and always in a party. Maybe being in a party prevents this. Have no clue how Xone does it, but I assume it is very similar to PS4 party chat.
  • WainGretSki
    3493 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't know if this complaint has been mentioned already, but my friends and I always get split up into different game lobbys when trying to play EASHL.

yeahhh...this

I go into threes drop in and invite two of my friends, hit matchmaking, and we get split up lels.

XBOX One.

Try being in a group or party or whatever it is on the One. Then search for a game and have them join off of you once you are in a lobby. See if that helps. Always do this on the PS4 and never had a single issue other than random droping out as many have seen in 19.
  • Yes, I can confirm too, It's been happening since 19.
    XBOX One