EA Forums - Banner

Beta Thoughts for Improvement (EASHL)

Kucherovx86
3 posts New member
Not here to completely bash, there was some positives in the beta... but... my opinion from eashl 3's and 6's.

- Can't receive a pass while holding the blue line (ie. stretching to stay onside)
- Pucks go out of play wayyy to often
- I like how you dont lose the puck off every single bump, but smaller guys should still be able to bump guys off if hit correctly.
- Let danglers/playmakers actually be able to complete loose puck dekes :(
- Backhand waaayyyy too overpowered.
- Tied to ^, forehand one timer tap ins are great... but the goalies so far are the same from 19 so they aren't in position for the quicker release. ever. Goalies should recognize an odd man rush and while they are square to the shot, they should not be so far out of their crease that a single pass across from the hashmarks is unstoppable.
- Vision control in offensive zone to get square for a one-timer way too slow, doesnt pivot quick enough without the puck.

-This one is my biggest pet peeve, and it was introduced in 19. *No more auto stick lifts!*
I cant stand having a breakaway with a guy slightly behind me, who is just skating, and his character knocks the puck off of me 5 times in a row without him pressing a single button.
There is a stick lift button and a poke check button, they should have to use one.

That's all I got off the top of my head.

Replies

• WFWR26
    47 posts Member
    -This one is my biggest pet peeve, and it was introduced in 19. *No more auto stick lifts!* say it louder for the people in the back.
  • Kucherovx86
    3 posts New member
    > @WFWR26 said:
    > -This one is my biggest pet peeve, and it was introduced in 19. *No more auto stick lifts!* say it louder for the people in the back.

How far back is EA sitting?
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    EA MUST! make the skating more responsive!!! it's still extremely slow, sluggish clunky.

Short of that, NHL 20 will continue the trend we've had since NHL13 and TPS.
  • JoeDirtster
    2 posts New member
    The announcer for Chels Threes is terrible. I can't even listen to him. Same stupid lines as last year. He sounds like a coked up Tom Arnold!
  • G1ll1es
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Lets stick to the on ice product if we are going to be discussing improvements.

While we are at it.

If you watch the skating closely all it is is warping. The skating looks glitchy which makes for some real exploits in gameplay.

The engine and code have got to go. Until then we are going to get ea nhl 2000 for the rest of our lives haha.

And while we are at it again

NO nore auto stick lifts would actually make the game alot better.. Just that alone.

• G1ll1es
    38 posts Member
    sgiz1 wrote: »
    EA MUST! make the skating more responsive!!! it's still extremely slow, sluggish clunky.

Short of that, NHL 20 will continue the trend we've had since NHL13 and TPS.

And dont just make the acceleration faster, its stupid as it is in some scenarios.

Momentum really isnt a thing much anymore instead its a program that anticipates your input
  • MooseHunter10
    402 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Positives:
    - New Highlights are great
    - Player Height/Weight affects in EASHL have been tweaked. I don't feel forced to be 5'7 anymore. Can be 5'9" and 10 lbs lighter now :smile:
    - Deflections have improved
    - Soft rebound cheese has been seriously reduced (Have had teams try it nonstop, to not be rewarded once)

Negatives:
    - 6v6 Drop Ins unplayable (distracting shadows on ice, no lobbies, no one wants to play defense)
    - Pass strength too low (Regular passes and saucer passes, even on playmaker)
    - Zone Exit clear strength too low
    - Spinorama Specialty was removed from EASHL?
    - Some weird spinning action when shooting extremely close to the goalie, maybe replacing the old backhand shovel goal with a 270 degree forehand spin?
    - Scoreboard at bottom blocks icons showing where off-screen players are

Disclaimer: 6v6 EASHL drop ins, and Clubs with max 3 humans (still 6v6).Played as 5'7" sniper, 5'9" sniper/playmaker/dangler. C and RW only.
    Post edited by MooseHunter10 on
    EASHL player