EA Forums - Banner

NHL Connected Franchise

mazza0228
posts New member
So I know there is an NFL Connected franchise. With this, I think it would be awesome to have a fantasy draft among a certain amount of players and then they can all play against each other in a season.
Can we get this for NHL? I know my friends and I would totally dig this!
Let's get it going!

Replies

• BruinsHockey08
    1090 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    mazza0228 wrote: »
    So I know there is an NFL Connected franchise. With this, I think it would be awesome to have a fantasy draft among a certain amount of players and then they can all play against each other in a season.
    Can we get this for NHL? I know my friends and I would totally dig this!
    Let's get it going!

NHL use to have GM Connected but it didn't survive. Not because it was a bad mode but because it was very slow and it wasn't worth the effort to wait through it. The concept was great on paper but the execution unfortunately wasn't there. I'd love to see them try the mode again sooner rather than later because NHL 21/22 could benefit from such a mode.
    Post edited by BruinsHockey08 on
  • There was a franchise mode in 12 to 14 on last gen, but it was implemented so badly that not many leagues lasted. Since it was dropped as part of the dumpster fire that was 15, EA have used the excuse that not many people played it so they're not spending development time on it. As usual the devs are blaming the players for not using a mode when the actual fact is the mode needed a lot of streamlining to be usable.

Anyway the reality is it is NEVER coming back. NEVER. It makes no money for EA so they won't be wasting development time on it.

I want it, you want it, there are a lot of people out there asking for it but it's all falling on deaf ears.